• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    Wise words; wise words.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    What happen here? is the "pic fever"???
    • CommentAuthormsi2
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009
    I have to say, his Angels & Demons is pretty fun.
    • CommentAuthorkosinek
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2009 edited
    Some new marketing for A&D

http://www.cinemusic.net/2009/05/07/zim … /#more-844

The part with "Zimmer hid a five-note musical ambigram in the score" in nice!smile
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2009
    kosinek wrote
    Some new marketing for A&D

http://www.cinemusic.net/2009/05/07/zim … /#more-844

The part with "Zimmer hid a five-note musical ambigram in the score" in nice!smile

What a BS!

I'll bette relisten Broken Arrow, which I haven't heard in ages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    Oh look! I found a five-note musical ambigram in The Pussycat Dolls' Don't Cha!

(I'm not kidding actually: there's a G chord in there.
    Played on guitar, I'd pluck a G chord as G-B-G-B-G. Turn that upside down...and it's THE SAME! shocked I'm sure there's a satanic message hidden in there somewhere.
    What clever girls! )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Added for your enjoyment

- The Da Vinci Code
    - Angels & Demons

Now go forth and wanker aplenty
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Added where?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    mainpage-reviews
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Added for your enjoyment

- The Da Vinci Code
    - Angels & Demons

GLAD TO SEE YOUR REFERENCE ABOUT THE DIG IN THE REVIEW!!!

I love this ethereal parts from The DIg too!

Great review...But I love "Black smoke" tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote

The Dig??? shocked

That is just BEYOND cool! fireworks punk fireworks
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Added for your enjoyment

- The Da Vinci Code
    - Angels & Demons

I love this ethereal parts from The DIg too!

Great review...But I love "Black smoke" tongue

I don't know everything, but I immediately knew it was THE DIG wink
    I think each one will have his favourites I guess, I don't hate Black Smoke, but it is not the best smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    mainpage-reviews

thx.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    Nice review, Thomas, but I have to comment that this time the Vatican doesn't "damn the almighty thunder upon Angels & Demons." Just read the Vatican review of the movie. (Being a Catholic myself, I'm a bit tired of comments taking the Church as a group of narrow-minded weird people)

As for the soundtrack, I'm still waiting for the CD to listen to but by the many reviews online I get the picture of what it can be like. I love old-school Zimmer so probably I'll like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009 edited
    keky wrote
    (Being a Catholic myself, I'm a bit tired of comments taking the Church as a group of narrow-minded weird people)

Well, without wishing to offend your personal faith and relationship to God, the Catholic Church -especially at the top- has proven time and again they're extremely weird and narrow-minded.

As for the relationship between the Vatican and this film: while Ron Howard has leveled some seemingly half-hearted accusations of non-cooperation by the Vatican, the church has tried to remain relatively neutral and distant as far as the film goes (though failing miserably at that in the run-up).

Maybe someone has finally explained to them that any spasms the Vatican makes about film with a religious theme immediately renders it "controversial" and aids enormously in its box office success. smile

Incidentally, the actual Vatican review is positively faint with damning praise:
    "The newspaper wrote that the movie was "a gigantic and smart commercial operation" filled with "stereotyped characters." The paper suggested moviegoers could make a game out of finding the many historical inaccuracies in the plot.

"However, L'Osservatore praised Howard's "dynamic direction" and the "magnificent" reconstruction of locations like St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel. Much of the film was shot on sets that painstakingly recreated church landmarks.

"The film offers "more than two hours of harmless entertainment, which hardly affects the genius and mystery of Christianity," L'Osservatore's reviewer wrote. It's "a videogame that first of all sparks curiosity and is also, maybe, a bit of fun."

Indeed it may not be thunder...but they sure as hell are trying to rain on someone's parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Well, without wishing to offend your personal faith and relationship to God, the Catholic Church -especially at the top- has proven time and again they're extremely weird and narrow-minded.

No, they aren´t weird and/or narrow-minded. It is more simple than that. They just haven´t realised we live in the 21st century. 2-1S-T C-E-N-T-U-R-Y. The faster they find out where we are, the sooner they´ll stop being as ridiculous and sad as they are.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    To take the opinions that people wrote and decided upon in the great Concilia 800 to 1000 years ago as gospel truth today seems extremely weird to me. To not allow for a change in attitude, morals, opinion and indeed knowledge and insight and move with that rather than against it narrow-minded in the extreme.
    I stand very much by my qualifications.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Marselus wrote

No, they aren´t weird and/or narrow-minded. It is more simple than that. They just haven´t realised we live in the 21st century. 2-1S-T C-E-N-T-U-R-Y. The faster they find out where we are, the sooner they´ll stop being as ridiculous and sad as they are.

There are principles that are as valid today as they were 2000 years ago so I guess it's not a problem for the Church that we live in the 21st century. The problem is, people often think catholic believers or clergy are like they are shown in the movies (i.e. ridiculous, weird, etc.) I can assure you, of the hundreds of catholics I know personally, none is like the people you can see in the movies. Actually, here is an interesting article if you care to read:
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies … holic.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And again for clarity's sake: I am not blasting faith, or even religion (right now).
    But i don't have many kind words for the institute of the Catholic Church today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I know a few atheist Catholics. They're alright.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    keky wrote
    The problem is, people often think catholic believers or clergy are like they are shown in the movies (i.e. ridiculous, weird, etc.) I can assure you, of the hundreds of catholics I know personally, none is like the people you can see in the movies.

Well, of course.
    And that's as valid a criticism as Muslems offer, having been rather continuously portrayed as psychotic terrorist babykillers for the last fifteen years or so. The Muslems I actually know are kind, intelligent, soft spoken and rational people whom I dearly like and love.

But that's not the point: it's not about the inidvidual.
    It's the institute that is under fire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I know a few atheist Catholics.

Eh?
    You know some vegetarian butchers too, perchance?
    confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    I know a few atheist Catholics.

Eh?
    You know some vegetarian butchers too, perchance?
    confused

I meant once a you're labeled a Catholic, you're always a Catholic. wink

(And yes, my Mum often cooks me meat when I go home, and she's a veggie. biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    keky wrote
    The problem is, people often think catholic believers or clergy are like they are shown in the movies (i.e. ridiculous, weird, etc.) I can assure you, of the hundreds of catholics I know personally, none is like the people you can see in the movies.

Of course not, and I didn´t mean it. As one of my fav reviewers said once, "when you go to the movies, don´t expect to learn about history / religion / etc. You wanna learn? Go to the library."

So I´ve never seen catholics as shown in the movies, but when you hear things like the ones Martijn has posted one can only ask himself if it is a joke or what. The same goes for other religions btw, also living in the 15th century.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Steven wrote
    I know a few atheist Catholics. They're alright.

I know some too (they call themselves "lapsed Catholics")
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Think about the movie or the book whatever you want: As long as they spawn conversations like this one, they have a purpose, even if it´s purely involuntary. I say every movie (or book) that makes us think about current or ancient values (or the institutionalisation of them) is worth being filmed (or written).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Whatever gave you that idea?

I am officially a Catholic (baptised and all), which means that that the "Catholic rule set" indeed applies to me...but only in its own Universe! According to Catholic lore I may well be saved forever now (or something) because I am baptised, but in real life there's no Catholic label at all!

It's not in my passport, I'm not paying taxes for it, I owe no allegiance...and if later in life I should decide I dig Judaism, I'll be buried according to Judaic tradition, not Catholic!

It's an interesting article (if a bit whiny in self pity), but wayyyyyy too convoluted: Hollywood has ALWAYS picked on the religion that is easiest to get a rise (and a buck) out of.

There was a very strong church/Christian lobby right up into the seventies, when critical or even anti-religious films became a staple following the late sixties' new social iberalism and re-appraial of old dogmas (religion being just one).

To complain about being singled out now is nonsense: Judaism was badgered at the beginning of the century, until a strong Jewish influence in the studio system put a halt to that (which was good as none of the films criticising or ridiculing The Jew really were very evenhanded, to put it very mildly). Then in the seventies it was -for a while- Christianity as a whole (witness The Life Of Brian or The Last Temptation Of Christ). Then Islam was portrayed as an evil, all-pervading cult of violence and harted for many years.

And now, following the decline of the status of the church -especially in wake of the HUGE child base scandal in the USA in recent times- it's Catholicism's turn.

And yes, it IS wry that one stereotype in the book (the evil Muslem assassin) is swiped under the carpet, and another (the evil Catholic conspiracy) is ont, but that's just a sign of the times.

Hollywood certainly isn't specifically anti-Catholic (as much as they're anti-Islam or anti-Communist, even).
    But they ARE anti-loss.
    And complot thinking with huge organisations trying to quash the individual...sells!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Think about the movie or the book whatever you want: As long as they spawn conversations like this one, they have a purpose, even if it´s purely involuntary. I say every movie (or book) that makes us think about current or ancient values (or the institutionalisation of them) is worth being filmed (or written).

I think you give this little potboil thriller WAY too much credit: it's merely the fact that Brown threw in the Church that got this conversation sparked.
    He could have written the exact same book about...oh, I dunno. The usual suspects: Freemasons, the New World Order, the Military-Industrial Complex, without any problem, but without resulting in this conversation.

Not every book or film that somewhere states "Catholicism...man, there's some bad groove going down there" is worthy of admiration.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Whatever gave you that idea?

I am officially a Catholic (baptised and all), which means that that the "Catholic rule set" indeed applies to me...but only in its own Universe! According to Catholic lore I may well be saved forever now (or something) because I am baptised, but in real life there's no Catholic label at all!

It's not in my passport, I'm not paying taxes for it, I owe no allegiance...and if later in life I should decide I dig Judaism, I'll be buried according to Judaic tradition, not Catholic!

It was... it was a joke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Me? I think I might start worshiping the Lords of Kobol.
    It just makes sense.