• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    I only have a couple of tracks from THIN RED LINE on the WINGS OF A FILM compilation, but I really love those. This is among the Zimmer soundtracks that I will check out once I get the money.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. It's my favorite score of all time.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008 edited
    Well Peter, give it some more time and effort; i think if you really want to, it will speak to you.

And i am Demetris btw, if you haven't understood it yet tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    Hehe, I know you're Demetris. I just have the habit of using usernames when I reply. wink

I have really given the score a good try, I don't know why it doesn't work for me. I think the movie option is perhaps my best bet.

Peter smile
  2. From now on, please continue to vote here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ree-scores
  3. Thanks!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    How mean! I thought there were actually going to be discussion about the composers in all these topics! sad
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    Scribe wrote
    How mean! I thought there were actually going to be discussion about the composers in all these topics! sad

There is.......usually?!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. I've just finished reading the July 2007 edition of The Cue Sheet, The Film Music Society's quarterly journal. This issue was dedicated to Shirley Walker and there was an interesting comment about Hans Zimmer.

Walker was conductor/orchestrator for some of Zimmer's early scores (including Black Rain, Bird On A Wire & Backdraft) but she also hired him as a synth player for sessions! Somehow I never imagined Zimmer as a session musician.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've just finished reading the July 2007 edition of The Cue Sheet, The Film Music Society's quarterly journal. This issue was dedicated to Shirley Walker and there was an interesting comment about Hans Zimmer.

Walker was conductor/orchestrator for some of Zimmer's early scores (including Black Rain, Bird On A Wire & Backdraft) but she also hired him as a synth player for sessions! Somehow I never imagined Zimmer as a session musician.

Not reallly news for us Zimmer fans. Hans was a session player on The Batman Animated movie and Waterworld.
  5. lp wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've just finished reading the July 2007 edition of The Cue Sheet, The Film Music Society's quarterly journal. This issue was dedicated to Shirley Walker and there was an interesting comment about Hans Zimmer.

Not reallly news for us Zimmer fans. Hans was a session player on The Batman Animated movie and Waterworld.

I can imagine all the Zimmer fans raising their eyebrows at my ignorance!! But thanks for the info. I was wondering which scores he was a session player on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

And in the memoirs of the invisible man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I wasn't sure about that one. Thanks for the update.
  6. "Kung Fu Panda"" started recording on January 10.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    "Kung Fu Panda"" started recording on January 10.

I can't wait! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. I don't even wait period. It's going to blow and be written by 10 to 15 other guys (and possibly gals) anyway.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2008
    But it is being recorded with the Chinese National Symphony Orchestra, so maybe that's a good luck orchestra for the MV group?
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    All I can say is...I hope with the enormous popular of the PotC scores that all of Zimmer's SIX scores this year will be considered worthy of CD releases.

(I say six, but I'm sure that Madagascar at least will end up getting written by one of the random underlings).

(One??? I mean....nine).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Scribe wrote
    All I can say is...I hope with the enormous popular of the PotC scores that all of Zimmer's SIX scores this year will be considered worthy of CD releases.

(I say six, but I'm sure that Madagascar at least will end up getting written by one of the random underlings).

(One??? I mean....nine).

Thumbs up! punk I hope in the future the PoTC scores get an expanded release!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    I hope in the future the PoTC scores get an expanded release!!

Let's hope for an LOTR type release cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    lp wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    I hope in the future the PoTC scores get an expanded release!!

Let's hope for an LOTR type release cool

At least for the third part, a lot of great music not in the cd (not even in the suites)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Especially At World's End. It's the best and most diverese score out of the three.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Scribe wrote
    Zimmer's SIX scores this year will be considered worthy of CD releases.

Six?

Casi Divas
    Kung Fu Panda
    The Dark Knight
    Madagascar 2
    Frost/Nixon

Also, Casi Divas and Kung Fu Panda are apparently already finished. That would make 4 2007 scores and 3 2008 scores. That's not more than in other years (and much less than some other composers).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas wrote
    Scribe wrote

Six?

Casi Divas
    Kung Fu Panda
    The Dark Knight
    Madagascar 2
    Frost/Nixon

Also, Casi Divas and Kung Fu Panda are apparently already finished. That would make 4 2007 scores and 3 2008 scores. That's not more than in other years (and much less than some other composers).

And I´d say even more: THE project for Zimmer this 2008 is "The Dark Knight".
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thomas wrote
    Scribe wrote

Six?

Casi Divas
    Kung Fu Panda
    The Dark Knight
    Madagascar 2
    Frost/Nixon

The other one I was thinking of was Angels & Demons, the prequel to Da Vinci Code. Unless that got moved out?
    And...according to the most reliable *cough* source in the world, its now a 2009 film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote
    Thomas wrote
    Scribe wrote

Six?

Casi Divas
    Kung Fu Panda
    The Dark Knight
    Madagascar 2
    Frost/Nixon

And I´d say even more: THE project for Zimmer this 2008 is "The Dark Knight".

Even though it'll probably be pretty much the same as the last score. This is Noland remember, he won't want big thematic developments in the music.

My prediction:

It will disappoint a lot of fans of the first score with its lack of development. Non-fans of the first score will not be surprised in th least. Fans of the first score will listen to it more and more. They will begin to hear themes and developments they did not notice before. They will learn to love it, while the non-fans remain indifferent, even opposed. They will argue their points to the non-fans and will eventually hail it as one of the best scores of the year.
  8. I hope there are enough bat names left for the tracks on the cd. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas wrote

The Dark Knight
    Madagascar 2

Hmm. Sequels to two of the worst-scored films I've ever seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Is the Harp and those "crystals" played live in "lord Becket suite"?