• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. keky wrote
    Nice review, Thomas, but I have to comment that this time the Vatican doesn't "damn the almighty thunder upon Angels & Demons." Just read the Vatican review of the movie. (Being a Catholic myself, I'm a bit tired of comments taking the Church as a group of narrow-minded weird people)

As for the soundtrack, I'm still waiting for the CD to listen to but by the many reviews online I get the picture of what it can be like. I love old-school Zimmer so probably I'll like it.

I always exagerate, in whatever I write. I know that the Vatican wasn't thrilled with Da Vinci, and wasn't thrilled with Angels & Demons. I just exagerated a bit and wrote it in a comedic style. If you take my reviews serious, don't wink

I don't have a problem with catholics, but their way of thinking surely is not anymore of this earth
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I don't have a problem with catholics, but their way of thinking surely is not anymore of this earth

I'm sure the church has bigger things to worry about then one reviewer's exaggeration...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    keky wrote
    ...Just read the Vatican review of the movie...

Really?
    The Vatican reviewed the movie?
    The Vatican has a film reviewer?

Whill they be reviewing Transformers 2?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I'm sure the church has bigger things to worry about then one reviewer's exaggeration...

lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

tongue biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    Have you seen the trailer of SHERLOCK HOLMES? (I think you have already smile ).

I always was a fan of his style, and this doesn't look any less cooler!

http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/sherl … 1_720p.mov
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Have you seen the trailer of SHERLOCK HOLMES? (I think you have already smile ).

http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/sherl … 1_720p.mov

Cor blimey guv.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

You're talking Guy Ritchie's style? 'Cause in that case: it does. I'm extremely disappointed, since Guy has thrown his complete artistic style out of the window and gone for a full on commercial, studio-film. The trailer doesn't have any hint of the Ritchie-dialogue nor visual style, and instead boasts childish blockbusterfilm-'jokes' that are out of place in a Ritchie film. Of course, it's a trailer, it isn't saying anything, but this on itself is greatly lacking in 'cool' and a sign Ritchie is trying to make money for a studio, since nobody would otherwise finance him (giving the flops of his latest pictures). sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I predict the film will be a stinker of the highest order.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't. With that leads, premise and director, i have high hopes. I don't think the coolness and jokes the trailer passes around are a huge departure from Guy's style either.
  3. I can´t wait to hear what Hans will do with this kind of material. This can only go Gothic or Crazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed. Looking forward to this, both movie and score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This score is going to kick ass, it's SUCH a playground for Zimmer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009 edited
    Absolutely.

It´s Gaslight, it´s Queen Victoria, it´s foggy old London, it´s Holmes!

But it´s also action, suspense, mystery, fights, duels, and games afoot!

The movie could easily dissolve into something murky, but the score will rock in so many ways.

We had Trevor Jones doing it (From Hell, League... ), we had Broughton doing it (Young Sherlock Holmes / Pyramid of Fear), all of them absolutely brilliant scores, and so different in style.

Now we get Zimmer doing it. Let´s, just this once, embrace what he is doing without complaining about not getting a classical composer. We have a lot of that stuff already. Now I WANT to hear what Zimmer does with this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    This score is going to kick ass, it's SUCH a playground for Zimmer!

I think it will a very modern sounding score. A very eclectic one. punk

Probably Zimmer will be "killed" again.

PS: I don't expect sampled choirs tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Absolutely.

It´s Gaslight, it´s Queen Victoria, it´s foggy old London, it´s Holmes!

But it´s also action, suspense, mystery, fights, duels, and games afoot!

The movie could easily dissolve into something murky, but the score will rock in so many ways.

We had Trevor Jones doing it (From Hell, League... ), we had Broughton doing it (Young Sherlock Holmes / Pyramid of Fear), all of them absolutely brilliant scores, and so different in style.

Now we get Zimmer doing it. Let´s, just this once, embrace what he is doing without complaining about not getting a classical composer. We have a lot of that stuff already. Now I WANT to hear what Zimmer does with this.

I loved what he did with ANGELS AND DEMONS. I am looking forward to this new one here, it's got great potential.
  4. I´m listening to A&D each day. I´m sad how fast Trek got buried under a pile of other stuff, but I just can´t connect to it, as much as I try. A&D, however, is fantastic. Science and Religion is the absolute highlight, and there is a lot of other great stuff. As much as I - surprisingly - like what Elfman did with Terminator, I think A&D will hold pole position until Transformers will blow it away. Which it will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Hans Zimmer is one of my favorite composers. He is really talented, innovated and well skilled composer. I adore his style of composing music. When i first time heard his score for "The Lion King", I was enthralled and started to fix my ear and eye upon him. The following scores are my top ten favorite scores of his:

1. The Lion King
    2. The Last Samurai
    3. Gladiator
    4. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimaron
    5. The Dark Knight
    6. Prince of Egypt
    7. The Da Vinci Code
    8. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
    9. Black Hawk Down
    10. The Thin Red Line

What's yours?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    When i first time heard his score for "The Lion King", I was enthralled and started to fix my ear and eye upon him.

We can be best friends then. wink biggrin beer

That score is my one true holy grail to have in complete good quality form. My top 10 Zimmer scores would be -

1. The Lion King
    2. Prince Of Egypt
    3. PoTC: At World's End
    4. Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron
    5. The Da Vinci Code
    6. Gladiator
    7. The Last Samurai
    8. The Thin Red Line
    9. Pearl Harbor
    10. Hannibal
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    [

We can be best friends then. wink biggrin beer

Hi Demon,

I love to. I think its my great pleasure to build a good friendship with you. I wish you all prosper, health and wealth in your life.

Have a nice day! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    beer kiss biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    beer kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Nautilus wrote
    Scorereviews.com is gone, but we have reborn in Maintitles.net, Reborn in the same way Zimmer has done this year with At world's End: With all his passion and all his FRIENDS but with a new "face"!!!!

What happened to Scorereviews.com?
  5. When the evil Romulan Nero travelled back in time, he changed the whole timeline.

Scorereviews became Maintitles then.

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Hi Ralph,

Would you like to join the party with me and Demonstar? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Sunil wrote
    Hi Ralph,

Count me in. The Lion King's score is very special to me. bunny

Also, I suggest you give Kung Fu Panda a listen. I noticed it wasn't on your list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    And Road To El Dorado. Although it hardly has any score on the OST.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil

Count me in. The Lion King's score is very special to me. bunny

Also, I suggest you give Kung Fu Panda a listen. I noticed it wasn't on your list.

You are always welcome. biggrin

I am yet to buy the CD of Kung Fu Panda. Before that, tell me your opinion on Kung Fu Panda. Is it really a worth buying?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote

I´m sorry to report that Lion King didn´t much for me. I guess I listened to it five times max. when it came out, and now that you mention it, I realize I never did since then.

Maybe I should give it a new try.