• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    Panthera wrote

Sweet!
  1. Yeah, it´s called The Kaboom of Doom. Honestly, I think this title is as silly as it is great. If you get what I mean. Sounds like lots of fun, again. Part 1 was a great family movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    Sunil wrote
    Hey! no, no, i am quite serious on this. I have listened that song tune earlier in Chinese movies, but i am not able to recollect. Do you have any information about that? smile

Check out Kung Fu Hustle. Great album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009 edited
    Ok. I, as the god-like moderator, don't want to read anything more about The Lion King as from now. I'm serious.

We all know now, we all heard it, we all know it's on many's list, we all know Disney is evil (though we still like to buy everything they release), we all know some people drink tea in the afternoon, we all know that makeup is ugly when used in overdose, we all know Scotland is not a country and we definitely know the only official release of the Lion King sucks nougat balls.

So. We know! angry

(we of course also know this post has to be taken with a grain of salt, but please please please PLEASE, for the love of my teddy bear and his friends (important friends mind you) and Southall's goat, stop mentioning the score in every damn discussion, and at least not for a couple of weeks in NP. I' sure you all can talk about more than just that. Thank you, your administrator smile )
    Kazoo
  2. bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    Finally! God has passed judgment, and it is righteous! :pray:
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Bregt wrote
    ... for the love of my teddy bear and his friends (important friends mind you) and Southall's goat...

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    ok we will stop mentioning that thing!

So, let's talk about Mulan promo, Ravi? biggrin wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Miya wrote

Don't. Even. Start. dizzy crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote

Why, of course! At least we have it in great quality! cool

*hums the Mulan theme.... dara-ra-dara-raa-RAAA!!!* punkpunkpunkpunkpunk biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    we all know that makeup is ugly when used in overdose

That´s so true! But a lot of women hadn´t already realised it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorkosinek
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    Hans and James has won the Saturn Award for 'The Dark Knight'!

Here's a link with short interview:

http://www.collider.com/2009/06/28/comp … rn-awards/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    Congratulations to Hans and James. beer punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    kosinek wrote
    Hans and James has won the Saturn Award for 'The Dark Knight'!

Here's a link with short interview:

http://www.collider.com/2009/06/28/comp … rn-awards/

ahahahaha

This 2 guys really has to appear in Saturday Night Live. What a Comic duet!

"too many notes" = "too many beers"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited
    I was searching about violinist-comedian Aleksey Igudesman (because his videos cracked me up biggrin ), who worked with Zimmer on Spanglish... and happened to find out he's also working on Sherlock Holmes!

http://twitter.com/Igudesman

...just watched one of the first cuts of sherlock, its going to be extremely cool. gonna write some crazy stuff tomorrow.

biggrin

Hans is pleased. Goin with him to Aretha Frenklin tonight in Hollywood Bowl.

biggrin biggrin
  3. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009
    "an extract from the amazing Hans Zimmer Concert at Dreamworks Animation in Los Angeles featuring music from : Transformer, Pirates of Caribbean, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shrek "

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmHlrS40o0c
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Thanks for the link. This must have been a free concert for employees. Nice Mountains in the surroundings. I guess Hans is a rock star now smile Loved the koto duet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    So - as one that has been away for too long: Angels & Demons - to buy or not to buy?

I liked the Da Vinci Code and thought that it seemed like a good piece in the movie, but is it enjoyable enough? (I am sure that it is all spoken out earlier in this thread but I just wanted some spontaneous remarks.) smile
    - What matters is the music -
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009 edited
    A&D has more of the same stuff, but with a lot more action. Some themes from DVC are reused, sometimes to a great effect. Since the topic is religion vs. science this time, Zimmer uses a lot of electronics in combination with the DVC stuff, but it all sounds great and fascinating, with some new twists along the way. Some stuff might have a great impact on you if you´ve seen the film or read the book.

There are three tracks in particular I want to mention,
    160 BPM is a great action track with lots of choir, orchestra, and electronics combined.
    Science & Religion is a rather long, very quiet track that gets to a fascinating and very moving crescendo, not unlike that brilliant Track 3 from Thin Red Line (Is it Journey to the Line, I don´t recall at the moment), it is used as the emotional and narrational center piece of the score and the movie.
    Finally, 503, the last track on the album is a nice variation of Chevalier de Sangreal, featuring Joshua Bell.

But as much as I think those three stand out, I like the whole album. It sounds much more like a score album than DVC did, but that doesn´t hurt the listening experience. I think most of the important stuff is on it; there is one scene from the movie I missed on the album, but that can be found online as a bonus track; it´s called H2O.

You can easily find listening examples on YouTube. They will give you the right idea whether to buy or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009
    Thomas wrote
    "an extract from the amazing Hans Zimmer Concert at Dreamworks Animation in Los Angeles featuring music from : Transformer, Pirates of Caribbean, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shrek "

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmHlrS40o0c

haha, there is only one score they wrote for DWA (Kung Fu Panda)... no Spirit? No Shrek theme? (I think I saw HGW at the end?) But of course kids prefer "move it move it" tongue

Anyway, nice T-shirt Hans! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009 edited
    And they did Pirates for Disney, which might explain why it didn't get an applause :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009 edited
    BobdH wrote
    And they did Pirates for Disney, which might explain why it didn't get an applause :D

Let's hope their selection didn't offend Mr. Katzenbergy wink

Btw I was searching about it (yeah I was bored this evening) and found this blog with links to photos and some more videos... they actually played fairytale theme (DWA logo music) at the opening. cheesy
    http://www.michaelandlisa.net/michael/blog/?p=167

And I thought I saw someone looks a bit like Powell playing guzheng (not koto, I didn't know that) but it really was him dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Manwe,

Angels and Demons is kick-ass Zimmer on heavy electronic steroids, a 2009, more aggressive take on Da Vinci Code.

Don't expect the neo-Baroque mood of the first score a la THE PERFUME, this is more like in THE DARK KNIGHT / BATMAN BEGINS terrain but redoing DA VINCI CODE this time. I'd suggest watching the movie and listening to the score loud; i am sure you'll love it; THEN get the CD smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As for that concert, i thought it was rather toned-down and generally weak, everybody seemed bored. By Hans, with that outfit is the king! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He could kill a man with that belly! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed; not the best of condition i'd say, in Madrid 2006 he looked SO much better; reminds me of Hasselhof's less glorious days wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Actually that concert reminded me of the concerts at my campus festival. But at least Zimmer's is better than them tongue

Steven wrote
    He could kill a man with that belly! shocked

It matches his T shirt so well.