• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    But isn't beer supposed to give you that ugly beer belly trademark?

It's a myth. Too much of anything will give you a fat belly.

How do you explain the common belly the nations that consume much more beer than others, have? Like you know, Brits, Russians, etc etc wink

The answer is in the question methinks.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    But isn't beer supposed to give you that ugly beer belly trademark?

It's a myth. Too much of anything will give you a fat belly.

How do you explain the common belly the nations that consume much more beer than others, have? Like you know, Brits, Russians, etc etc wink

It's nonsense!

If you are prone to putting weight on around the belly then that's where it'll go, otherwise bad weight is distributed all over.

Just like you can't 'spot' reduce weight by doing thousands of sit-ups you can't 'spot' put weight on specific areas.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Thomas wrote
    "an extract from the amazing Hans Zimmer Concert at Dreamworks Animation in Los Angeles featuring music from : Transformer, Pirates of Caribbean, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shrek "

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmHlrS40o0c

Holy crap, that sound's absolutely ridiculous...
    Another prove for me that most of Hans Zimmers Music really only works properly programmed on CD and in the movies... "Pirates of the Caribbean" could have potential when really good orchestrated and arranged, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BasilB wrote
    Thomas wrote
    "an extract from the amazing Hans Zimmer Concert at Dreamworks Animation in Los Angeles featuring music from : Transformer, Pirates of Caribbean, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shrek "

Another prove for me that most of Hans Zimmers Music really only works properly programmed on CD and in the movies... "Pirates of the Caribbean" could have potential when really good orchestrated and arranged, though.

Well. Most of it is sound libraries anyway, on CD wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    BasilB wrote
    Thomas wrote

And that concert looked more like a party than a proper / prepared / rehearsed concert.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Yes, both of those Zimmer had recently. (The Hans Zimmer and Garage Band gig)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    BasilB wrote
    Thomas wrote

And that concert looked more like a party than a proper / prepared / rehearsed concert.

Yeah, maybe true. But still, I don't thinks it really 'flatters' his music, which I like to listen to from time to time on CD. But yes, a proper organised and rehearsaled concert could most likely do more justice...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BasilB wrote
    But yes, a proper organised and rehearsaled concert could most likely do more justice...

I´m sure of it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    Hans will score Christopher Nolan's upcoming project Inception, to be released in 2010 - http://www.cinemarewind.com/2009/07/inc … dates.html

punk
  2. Oh, ok. So he quit Julyan after all.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    An official press release from Warner Brothers indicates that Zimmer, not Julyan, will score Chris Nolan's sci-fi picture Inception.

Doesn't say so on Zimmer's Gorfaine-Schwartz resume... yet.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    It will be added after a while, I think; after all the film is still quite far away. Some of his last year's scores were added late as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009 edited
    There is an interview with Guy Ritchie over there at AICN about Sherlock Holmes with a tiny bit about Hans Zimmer and the score in it. Nothing new, I´d guess, but still, for all those interested in the movie, be my guest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009
    I have a funny feeling this film will either bomb big time at the B.O, or be very well received; there probably isn't much middle ground. But anyway it certainly looks like a playground for Hans, so I'm indeed looking forward to both the film and score! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009 edited
    I am honestly not sure about the whole thing. I mean from the interview it seems like they looked at the source material only, disregarding everything on film since then, and took that material for a new approach. As much as I liked the mood and style of certain earlier movies, I´m open to something different, if it´s not too strange or wild. In general, I am looking forward to it, but my enthusiasm is slightly held back. It could - indeed - either bomb or be bloody brilliant, but I guess box office will be somewhere in the middle, not enough to allow sequels.

The score, however, is something I am absolutely excited about, regardless what style it will be in.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    A new project for Hans, he'll will do the music for the new Nancy Meyers romantic comedy It's Complicated for Universal.

Trailer confirms it:LINK

Not surprised, it'll be their 3rd collaboration.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Mmm... very nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I am honestly not sure about the whole thing. I mean from the interview it seems like they looked at the source material only, disregarding everything on film since then, and took that material for a new approach.

I think that's absolutely the right decision. I couldn't honestly say, given Guy Ritchie's recent record, that I am greatly looking forward to it - but you never know. It certainly LOOKS right!
  3. Yeah, but that way you have all the illiterates blasting the movie about Holmes´ Martial Arts stuff to be totally inappropriate (although it is featured in the books) like they called Gandalf a big Obi-Wan Kenobi rip-off. I´m all for looking at the source material, I am just not sure it will do the movie only good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    EnemyToo wrote
    A new project for Hans, he'll will do the music for the new Nancy Meyers romantic comedy It's Complicated for Universal.

I've always enjoyed Hans' romantic scores. I'm hoping that the score will (likely) be released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    EnemyToo wrote

Shouldn't he stop working, do his break and start that concert tour?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, but that way you have all the illiterates blasting the movie about Holmes´ Martial Arts stuff to be totally inappropriate (although it is featured in the books)

Just bartitsu, if memory serves.
    And I think the fear is more that we'll get to see Crouching Watson, Hidden Sherlock, which isn't something anyone is waiting for.

like they called Gandalf a big Obi-Wan Kenobi rip-off

Who did??? shocked
    I've never seen that on, but one would have to be exceedingly knowledge-less to mmake that stupid claim!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. You would be surprised ... there was this girl coming out of Titanic, saying, "I was really surprised they sank the ship. I thought this was just a love story..."
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, but that way you have all the illiterates blasting the movie about Holmes´ Martial Arts stuff to be totally inappropriate (although it is featured in the books)

Just bartitsu, if memory serves.
    And I think the fear is more that we'll get to see Crouching Watson, Hidden Sherlock, which isn't something anyone is waiting for.

like they called Gandalf a big Obi-Wan Kenobi rip-off

Who did??? shocked
    I've never seen that on, but one would have to be exceedingly knowledge-less to mmake that stupid claim!

A bit like when one critic said Hulk was a Shrek rip-off rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    It ... isn´t ?!? shocked

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    lp wrote
    EnemyToo wrote

I've always enjoyed Hans' romantic scores. I'm hoping that the score will (likely) be released.

I love his style too; i hope it's not TOO Spanglish and the lot again, maybe he pushes the envelope a bit this time? (Although admitedly that genre is hard to be particularly inventive in). I see it as an itunes release, this one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009 edited
    Time to make a LIST! moon

What are your favourite Zimmer scores??

1-The Da Vinci Code
    2- At World's End
    3-The last Samurai
    4-Beyond Rangoon
    5-k2
    6-King Arthur