• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. 1. The Thin Red Line
    2. The Prince of Egypt
    3. Spanglish
    4. The Last Samurai
    5. Black Hawk Down
    6. Hannibal
    7. At World's End
    8. Backdraft
    9. Da Vinci Code
    10. As Good As It Gets
    11. K2
    12. House of the Spirits
    13. Crimson Tide
    14. The Dark Knight
    15. Driving Miss Daisy

All of this, except no. 1 is subject to change.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009 edited
    1. Da Vinci Code

2. The Thin Red Line

3. Black Hawk Down

4. Backdraft

5. errrrrrrrr?

6. ummmmm???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    1. Da Vinci Code

2. The Thin Red Line

3. Black Hawk Down

4. Backdraft

5. errrrrrrrr?

6. ummmmm???

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...... moon
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There are a few other scores with some good bits but on the whole Zimmer ain't my bag.

I should have included Hannibal, I like that one.

Pirates, Lion King etc etc can go take a jump down a bottomless well.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    There are a few other scores with some good bits but on the whole Zimmer ain't my bag.

I should have included Hannibal, I like that one.

Pirates, Lion King etc etc can go take a jump down a bottomless well.

so...basically you tried to make Zimmer fans angry with your last post.... moon
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What! Moi!? Try to make Zimmer fans angry? Heaven forbid angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    TOP 5

1. BEYOND RANGOON
    2. THE ROCK
    3. CRIMSON TIDE
    4. THE DA VINCI CODE
    5. GLADIATOR

That's right. No THE LION KING. It's a great score, but I've heard it so many times (the snippets on the commercial release plus the Broadway CD that I've kinda grown a bit tired of it).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    1. BEYOND RANGOON

I like you. beer

Here's mine:

1.Beyond Rangoon
    2.Gladiator
    3.The last samurai
    4.Pirates of the Caribbean-At world's end
    5.Backdraft

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009
    Thor wrote
    That's right. No THE LION KING. It's a great score, but I've heard it so many times (the snippets on the commercial release plus the Broadway CD that I've kinda grown a bit tired of it).

Not surprising... the OSTs are hardly a good representation of what this score really is. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    bunny
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Thor wrote

Not surprising... the OSTs are hardly a good representation of what this score really is. wink

Ahhhhhhhh!!!! You think exactly the same as I do...THAT THOR WOULD LOVE IT IF THIS WERE RELEASED IN EXPANDED CHRONOLOGICALLY COMPLETE FORM!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009 edited
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Thor wrote

Ahhhhhhhh!!!! You think exactly the same as I do...THAT THOR WOULD LOVE IT IF THIS WERE RELEASED IN EXPANDED CHRONOLOGICALLY COMPLETE FORM!

biggrin
  2. 1. Gladiator
    2. Prince of Egypt
    3. Lion King
    4. POTC: AWE
    5. Da Vinci Code
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Glad to see AWE in all those lists!

What score you like most, Angels and Demons or The dark Knight? And Why?

THanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    Although I like both of them, I'd say Angels & Demons. Although Dark Knight works well in the film, a lot of it is drone-ish on CD and not a very good first listening experience (though I've gotten used to it now). A&D serves both film and listening purposes and is more well-structured and balanced with proper use of electronics and orchestra and a more coherent listening experience, so I like it better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Why no reviews of Angels And Demons in moviemusic Uk and movie Wave???

cowards!!!!!! moon tongue
  3. Maybe because Southall had more important and interesting things to do, for example getting married?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe because Southall had more important and interesting things to do, for example getting married?

mmm....But he reviewed 2 Horner scores, I guess love is the first tongue

(Jamieeeeee I'm going to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed, honey! )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe because Southall had more important and interesting things to do, for example getting married?

smile

I basically had a month off and so missed some things out. I might go back and do Angels and Demons some time, when other new things dry up. I don't think you would have liked my review anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

smile

I basically had a month off and so missed some things out. I might go back and do Angels and Demons some time, when other new things dry up. I don't think you would have liked my review anyway.

Why? You could have been used "Mcscore with chesse and bacon" or "This sounds like Peacemaker". Without this easy lines I'¡m sure I will like your opinion. Some "preview"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

smile

Why? You could have been used "Mcscore with chesse and bacon" or "This sounds like Peacemaker". Without this easy lines I'¡m sure I will like your opinion. Some "preview"?

The great problem with it is that it doesn't sound like The Peacemaker, so I'd have to think of something new to say. As far as I'm concerned that's a huge disincentive when it comes to writing a review.
  4. Then write how it DOESN'T sound like The Peacemaker. Rhetorics can work the other way around too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Now that's an excellent idea. In fact, I could just make a list of everything it doesn't sound like. So I could in fact list every good score of all time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Now that's an excellent idea. In fact, I could just make a list of everything it doesn't sound like. So I could in fact list every good score of all time.

Seriously, I'm surprised why people can think this album is bad. Your biggest problem with The Da Vinci Code was Zimmer approach was too serious, and Now when He realised that this films are silly and he composes a cool and entertaning score you still don't like it?

How entertaining music, with great sound design, with great melodies, and with a lot of energy can be bad?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

Seriously, I'm surprised why people can think this album is bad. Your biggest problem with The Da Vinci Code was Zimmer approach was too serious, and Now when He realised that this films are silly and he composes a cool and entertaning score you still don't like it?

How entertaining music, with great sound design, with great melodies, and with a lot of energy can be bad?

It's not bad, I just don't think it's very good. It sounds like too many other things but isn't as good as any of them.
  5. Angels and Demons is Zimmer's most fun score in years. On a pure fun factor, Pirates of the Caribbean: AWE wins on the adventure and arrangements thing, but when it comes to purely turn your brain off, it's Zimmer's biggest fun in years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

It's not bad, I just don't think it's very good. It sounds like too many other things but isn't as good as any of them.

when reviewers says things like that I always think the same : this words are only aplicable to Zimmer. because when other composers make something that sounds like other of his scores is because of personality or coherence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    when reviewers says things like that I always think the same : this words are only aplicable to Zimmer. because when other composers make something that sounds like other of his scores is because of personality or coherence.

That's not the point I'm making though. Zimmer has written things that sounded like Angels and Demons before, and they were better. If Horner wrote a second-rate rehash of Sneakers for A Beautiful Mind then I'd have dismissed it, but he didn't, he wrote a first-rate rehash.

Anyway, like I said, I didn't think Angels and Demons was bad, it just wasn't good enough to make me want to listen to it again after I had heard it twice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    How you know I was talking about Horner? tongue

Anyway, I don't think Zimmer never composed something like Angels and Demons.