• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    I'll listen to it again some day. Then I'll reveal my thoughts. You can count on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    The teaser trailer of Inception has been released. Looks like some music from Dark Knight has been tracked in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    The teaser trailer of Inception has been released. Looks like some music from Dark Knight has been tracked in.

Yeap, the one note...... tongue

The movie looks awesome, by the way.

Even if Zimmer is my favourite composer, I must confess Nolan could be more happy with Goldenthal (specially in the batman saga, where Goldenthal could have been used his modern techniques from Heat and In dreams with some turtured and nightmarish orchestrations )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yeap, the one note...... tongue

The movie looks awesome, by the way.

Even if Zimmer is my favourite composer, I must confess Nolan could be more happy with Goldenthal (specially in the batman saga, where Goldenthal could have been used his modern techniques from Heat and In dreams with some turtured and nightmarish orchestrations )

That's the most sensible thing you've ever said!
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Glad to see AWE in all those lists!

What score you like most, Angels and Demons or The dark Knight? And Why?

THanks!

I'd say A&D was a 3.5 star score for me. TDK = 3 stars. I'm not wild about either, but I'd rather listen to A&D again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    christopher wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Glad to see AWE in all those lists!

What score you like most, Angels and Demons or The dark Knight? And Why?

THanks!

I'd say A&D was a 3.5 star score for me. TDK = 3 stars. I'm not wild about either, but I'd rather listen to A&D again.

Me too. There is no chance of me ever listening to The Dark Knight again, but I wouldn't be surprised if I listened to Angels and Demons a couple more times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I enjoy all tracks of "Angels and demons", but so far track 1 is my favourite. It's like it's made of pure cool. I also sense a morriconian feel to the female choir, which I guess isn't a surprise with Zimmer being a Morricone nut.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Watched "Driving Miss Daisy" earlier today. Kinda cosy and nostalgic film. I just adore that main theme, been whistling it ever since I saw the movie.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What the hell is Inception about?

Id loved to have had a Julyan score for that though.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    What the hell is Inception about?

Id loved to have had a Julyan score for that though.

I think he had a score rejected. Earlier on my car started emitting a strange noise. It started out as a kind of clicking, then a very low whirling sound emerged, then a constant high-pitched whizzing noise continued for about 40 minutes. It suddenly struck me - it was like listening to a David Julyan score (albeit an unusually musically-interesting one). It's entirely possible that what actually happened was that I was listening to his rejected score from Inception.
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Brilliant. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I bet Southall's car's noises fit the movie perfectly.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    the burning plain

trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/theburningplain/
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Southall wroteI think he had a score rejected. Earlier on my car started emitting a strange noise. It started out as a kind of clicking, then a very low whirling sound emerged, then a constant high-pitched whizzing noise continued for about 40 minutes. It suddenly struck me - it was like listening to a David Julyan score (albeit an unusually musically-interesting one). It's entirely possible that what actually happened was that I was listening to his rejected score from Inception.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Remarkable story James. Any ideas how that ended up in your car?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    So Hansi is going to score CoD Modern Warefare 2. I suppose it's better having the head honcho on Remote Control doing it, but I can't say I'm that thrilled. Bring Giacchino back to the Cod team!
  3. I guess if Giacchino would want to return, it would be to the WWII games rather than modern warfare series.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why? We've had so many Giacchino WWII scores. sleep

Not that they're bad by any means, but how about something different/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm sure Hans will be devoting a lot of his time to this one.
  4. Anthony wrote
    Why? We've had so many Giacchino WWII scores. sleep

Not that they're bad by any means, but how about something different/

We've had so many Giacchino WWII scores, because as you remember, Giacchino is a historian.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm struggling to think of anything less appealing than another Giacchino score for yet another war game. I'm glad Zimmer is scoring this new one to be honest, at least I'll actually be interested in hearing it.
  5. Southall wrote

5 minutes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Southall wrote

5 minutes?

However long it takes to decide who to send the "write this one for me please" email to, I guess!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Even that he needs additional help for.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If Zimmer does it I can live with it. If it's just passed to another RC member then wave
  6. I guess Zimmer will write the themes and leave it to "his boys".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    If Zimmer does it I can live with it. If it's just passed to another RC member then wave

Your use of the singular form of "member" is admirably optimistic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    So Hansi is going to score CoD Modern Warefare 2. I suppose it's better having the head honcho on Remote Control doing it, but I can't say I'm that thrilled. Bring Giacchino back to the Cod team!

I'm assuming that Modern Warfare 2 is related to Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare? As in it'll be Call of Duty 5 Modern Warfare 2? Right?

If so....

Hans and his protege are going to be working on a sequel score to a game that had a score by Harry's protege?

That's just kinda odd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    Steven wrote
    I'm struggling to think of anything less appealing than another Giacchino score for yet another war game. I'm glad Zimmer is scoring this new one to be honest, at least I'll actually be interested in hearing it.

Yeah, it's call of duty: modern warfare 2, which is essentially call of duty 5. I agree with STEVEN, this is a very interesting new project indeed, at last.