• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009 edited
    He's actually not really saying a lot more then the keywords I just mentioned. A lot of the first half is about the film itself. Then he goes on to say:

"For Sherlock Holmes, Zimmer goes against the big orchestral sound of Gladiator or Pirates of the Caribbean. He walks a very experimental road and composes a score that's played by mainly solo-artists and electronical effects. You can't really compare this work with his previous efforts, with which Zimmer will surprise his fanclub. Not rarely does the music evoke memories of Ennio Morricone's spaghetti-western style."
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009
    I really liked what I heard, this could well be the first Zimmer score I've bought since Da Vinci Code!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    I really liked what I heard, this could well be the first Zimmer score I've bought since Da Vinci Code!?

Seriously??? And why this one?

I mean...it's matchstick men and as good as it gets meets at world's end
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Because sometimes you can have a steak dinner using the exact same ingrediants and sometimes it just won't turn out great everytime.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. This is the end of the world as we know it: Jordi hates Zimmer samples, Timmer loves them.

Priceless biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ....or as Eric Cantona might have put it, 'when the sardines go south for the winter the bird loses no feathers in the wake of a chimpanzee attack'.....or something like that.
  2. Timmer wrote

I liked the clips I heard for Sherlock Holmes also.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    This is the end of the world as we know it: Jordi hates Zimmer samples, Timmer loves them.

Priceless biggrin

No no!!!!

I cant wait to listen this score!

In fact, it will kick in Horner's ass!! Holmes will be fucking great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    This is the end of the world as we know it: Jordi hates Zimmer samples, Timmer loves them.

Priceless biggrin

No no!!!!

VS

Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

= .
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Yeah lol

Timmer wrote
    ....or as Eric Cantona might have put it, 'when the sardines go south for the winter the bird loses no feathers in the wake of a chimpanzee attack'.....or something like that.

I want what he smokes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kippers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Priceless biggrin

No no!!!!

VS

Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

= .

What is wrong?

I asked why Timmer will buy this score when He didn't buy Matchstick men or As good as it gets when they have the same weird style.

It's not bad that Holmes is a mix of the scores I said above, it was a good thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    Everything about the production is first-rate. The soundtrack by Hans Zimmer must win an Academy Award! Philippe Rousselot, the cinematographer, and James Herbert, the film’s editor, give SHERLOCK HOLMES the Ritchie treatment.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sherloc … _excellent

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009 edited
    You can apparently hear the complete soundtrack here as part of WB's promotional campaign.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    You can apparently hear the complete soundtrack here as part of WB's promotional campaign.

Dammed! why this always happen when I'm at work???

let me see if i can listen it from my Omnia....

(The computer in my office doesn't have SOUND CARD)
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    Nice find.
  4. Thanks, Ravi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Can anyone can tell me how it is!!!!

Dammed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't heard it yet.....it's available at that link wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's okay. Nothing special... I would probably cut a few minutes off the album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    It´s a good work. I agree with Steven though, nothing special nor memorable. But it is at least something different from Zimmer and the main theme is catchy and addictive. I´m sure it will enhance the picture a lot.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I like the last 3 minutes of the last track, "Catatonictes", especially the way it ends.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Sylvos wrote
    I like the last 3 minutes of the last track, "Catatonictes", especially the way it ends.

with the percusion and the electric guitars? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    It's that crazy, fast-paced Kraken-isque string-based melody at the very end that knocked me out of my socks. Best Zimmer finale of the year, this is. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's like leftovers from his POTC material. And where's BHD in that? Just because it has electric cello that doesn't mean it's Bhd..
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The addition of the dulcimer is nice though....
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But the overall score is disappointingly monotonous...variations on one single theme for over an hour. Pass. Next.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's like leftovers from his POTC material. And where's BHD in that? Just because it has electric cello that doesn't mean it's Bhd..

I thought those parts/moods sounded like The Fan especially in the second cue with a tid bit of The Dark Knight added to it. I heard that Hans wanted to keep away from The Dark Knight as much as possible. Anyway, the beginning of that cue sounds a bit like it to me. That's ok smile

I love the frantic violin solo in the third cue.

Here is an 30 minutes interview on Sherlock Holmes with Hans :

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2009/12/16/ex … ck-holmes/
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    But the overall score is disappointingly monotonous...variations on one single theme for over an hour. Pass. Next.

It's monotonous. But it's like the old scores, with variations of one theme.

And come on Demetris...is a really powerful and weird score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote

There are more than a couple of themes in the album. For example, the theme/motif that appear through out "Panic, Shear Bloody Panic". It's the B theme complimentary to the rhythmic main theme.