• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010
    But I in fact wholeheartedly agree!
    I mean not with you're agreeing with that. Which is right. But the disagreement. Which in itself is wrong (which is right). Very wrong, even. In fact, I'd go so far as to say its downright disagreeable.
    And I fully agree with that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Martijn wrote
    But I in fact wholeheartedly agree!
    I mean not with you're agreeing with that. Which is right. But the disagreement. Which in itself is wrong (which is right). Very wrong, even. In fact, I'd go so far as to say its downright disagreeable.
    And I fully agree with that.

lol. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010 edited
    lp wrote
    Marselus wrote
    And it had to be you the one who breaks the chain.

And it doesn't really matter whether I'm sleepy or not, I have no patience for poor humor. Often time I'm too awake to care....

It was just a joke man, nothing else. Actually it was a joke inside a joke, as I was referring directly to Jordi (whom I know personally and meet very often by the way). Ok, not a brilliant line that should appear in a Blackadder episode (specially the fantastic season three), but whatever.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote
    lp wrote
    Marselus wrote
    And it had to be you the one who breaks the chain.

And it doesn't really matter whether I'm sleepy or not, I have no patience for poor humor. Often time I'm too awake to care....

It was just a joke man, nothing else. Actually it was a joke inside a joke, as I was referring directly to Jordi (whom I know personally and meet very often by the way). Ok, not a brilliant line that should appear in a Blackadder episode (specially the fantastic season three), but whatever.

Gotcha. Though it wasn't really what you said, but most of the comments that led to it, that's all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's probably interesting to note at this point that "whatever" in this context has no direct equivalent in French.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Martijn wrote
    It's probably interesting to note at this point that "whatever" in this context has no direct equivalent in French.

BOOOOOOooooourns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Will you please relax?! All of you?! I'm having PMS!!! Do you want to me to unleash the wrath of my situation on you? I suggest you start running and hiding! angry

Honestly guys. We like teasing each other lets accepted it. I don't say that sometimes things may get a bit out of hand but there is no need for name calling and characterising others. I feel like the Gladiator and even though I love the music by dear Hans, as Tim had suggested before I'm more like a Beowulfa. biggrin tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I'm like Bambi.
    But with a machine gun.

Kind of Rambi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010
    Better than Bambo I suppose.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Me, I'm like Bambi.
    But with a machine gun.

Kind of Rambi.

Rambi. Good one biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010
    James Horner.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited
    Just saw SHERLOCK HOLMES. Entertaining film - although very, very predictable. Downey jr. does what he does best - the slightly bewildered and confused protagonist.

The music was awesome, though. That aggressive ostinato thing with the cello almost doing heavy metal riffs. Cool. The only drawback was that the sound was played WAAAY too loud, so my tinnitus-infected ears didn't like it so much. Why is it that some theatres play the sound MUCH louder than they're supposed to, as if volume somehow makes everything "cooler"?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. The score is reportedly mixed almost to obnoxious levels.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The score is reportedly mixed almost to obnoxious levels.

Well, I actually like it when the score is mixed loudly, but it wasn't so much the mix as the audio volume in the theatre itself that was the main problem.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    My theater had the volume on a rather normal level, and I thought the score was even mixed too soft, to the point that you could sometimes even barely hear the cello solo's. Maybe that was why they cranked it up? ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Put it on mute. It'll better for everyone wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    lol
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited
    http://www.movie-wave.net/titles/sherlock_holmes.html

Is the bet still on?Because this time i think i will loose it....

How Sawyer could say: son of a b_tch....! (just kidding guys!,nothing personal James!)

I bet you people to guess what 2 things annoyed me more in this review.

PS: I agree with the rating, thought dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    1) the plagiarism references, all very true.

2) Zimmer's the most limited A-list film composer there's ever been in terms of the range of projects he's able to sensibly work on (though he still frequently works on ones he's incapable of doing, which is where the problems start)

True as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Almost all of Sherlock Holmes sounds like something else - but Zimmer and his team do avoid any direct lifts (I believe)

I beg to differ. But it's still yet another opinion anyway...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    Inception
    Release Date: 7/6/2010

-> http://www.watertower-music.com/?p=4318
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    Almost all of Sherlock Holmes sounds like something else - but Zimmer and his team do avoid any direct lifts (I believe)

Oh! really? if you ask Zimmer and his team to avoid any direct lifts what about James Horner? he should also avoid in direct lifting of his own works and also other works. Take his Willow, he copied note to note from one of the Classical composer Schuman's 3rd Symphony, movement called "Rhenish". What do you say on that? To me, its very strange that you rated Avatar as 5 stars but Sherlock Holmes as just 3.5 stars. No justice in that. James Horner's Avatar is almost rehash of his entire career. And even more shameful stuff, he randomly copied Zimmer style. I think Avatar deserves just 2.5 stars. That's all.

No hard feelings. Just my thought.

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    Oh, another James Horner self-copying accusation? Oh wrreally? How originawwrl!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    Ok. The Hans Zimmer vs James Horner and Sherlock Holmes vs Avatar comments should be spoken out by now. No more comparisons or comments for the sake of it. We know everyone's opinion on it by now.

Thanks.

In the mean time, look forward to an article by Pawel about The Thin Red Line, by the end of the week.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And seriously, if you haven't got any valid arguments-for-discussion other than calling avatar "crap" (movie and score) just to oppose to the general notion, just shut the fugde up. You're adding nothing and you should think twice before continuing in the same route.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, another James Horner self-copying accusation? Oh wrreally? How originawwrl!

No, this time its not about his Self-copying accusation but copying other composers' works. smile
  2. Bregt wrote
    In the mean time, look forward to an article by Pawel about The Thin Red Line, by the end of the week.

hmn, sounds very interesting smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    7 Parts VIDEO interview with Anne Thompson...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho … mplicated/