• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010
    Racist? Why? I'd #*(&(*#&$ her!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    That YT music video of Zimmer, Ritchie, Downey and Zimmer's assistants pretending to play "Discombolate" is just lame. The same music plays far better over the ink illustration end credits.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Matt C wrote
    That YT music video of Zimmer, Ritchie, Downey and Zimmer's assistants pretending to play "Discombolate" is just lame. The same music plays far better over the ink illustration end credits.

Yeah, if you compare it to rock & pop videos. I think it's good fun, I wouldn't call it lame.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    AGreed. It's just a bit of fun.
    And I do enjoy Downey's intense, slightly non-plussed playing of one note.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Matt C wrote

Come on man, it is just a JOKE. I wish more composers out there had the same sense of humour Zimmer & Crew have.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Matt C wrote

Come on man, it is just a JOKE. I wish more composers out there had the same sense of humour Zimmer & Crew have.

There are the odd one or two who could do with lightening up a bit. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorLars
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nice, thanks! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Indeed, it sounds really really good.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I'm intrigued to hear how Henry Jackman will fare with this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    LOVED IT! This is the Zimmer sound i love.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    LOVED IT! This is the Zimmer sound i love.

But I think it's more from jackman cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Doesn't really make a difference for me smile
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    i've got THE PACIFIC today. i like the score. very emotional with a BAND OF BROTHERS touch. for me the MAIN THEME is amazing. wonderful melody and a nice orchestration. first i thougt the main theme is by zimmer but i think blake neely wrote it. you will find this track on his website under example cues which he composed. the theme from the pacific sounds similar to the band of brothers theme because the orchestration and the orchestrator are the same. the melody of both themes is really different. the melody from the main theme sounds more like the music from THE WORK TO COME, also written by neely. blake neely orchestrated also other michael kamen scores and i think that is one reason why the music sounds a little bit like a kamen score. most of the tracks on the soundtrack, if not all, you will find on the official websites of zanelli and neely. so i think there is no track on the soundtrack composed by zimmer. he also isn't listed for the pacific on imdb. for me it's a very good score and i hope to see this show really soon in germany.
  1. Honor was composed by Zimmer.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorLars
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Honor was composed by Zimmer.

perhaps co-written by neely. neely has the main theme on his website under "pieces i wrote for the series" and zanelli has this track not on his website. but perhaps you're right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    They're using thematic materials that Hans wrote, mostly as piano sketches, then they get fleshed out by Blake and Geoff.
  2. How can you be sure? Zimmer has a history of scores where he did nothing and got a main composer credit for contractual reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    How can you be sure? Zimmer has a history of scores where he did nothing and got a main composer credit for contractual reasons.

Oh yeah, for sure, like Invincible, and Whole Wide World.

But for the Pacific, I did read, though I don't have the source with me, that Hans wrote the theme(s?) for the show, and Blake and Geoff is providing the music.
  3. Chicago Joe and the Showgirl, too.

I happen to actually like this score, maybe because I am positively shocked that RC guys actually went Aaron Copland and I like the thematic material.

Also, Neither Neely or Zanelli presented Iwo Jima and Torn Souls as their pieces. Maybe it's Hans's contribution to the series too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Chicago Joe and the Showgirl, too.

I happen to actually like this score, maybe because I am positively shocked that RC guys actually went Aaron Copland and I like the thematic material.

Also, Neither Neely or Zanelli presented Iwo Jima and Torn Souls as their pieces. Maybe it's Hans's contribution to the series too.

It's a score that grows with each listen. I'm curious about those two tracks that weren't claimed.
  4. They sound more in his style than the others, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited
    Have you noticed the other Hans Zimmer(esque) theme yet? I'm suggesting the one you can hear in "Private First Class Leckie" and "Praying for You" and "Even the Trees Hates Us" . I'm adding "-esque" because it only appear in the tracks that Geoff Zanelli wrote. The Neely tracks kinda hints at it, but not really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    They sound more in his style than the others, too.

Hmmm, IWO JIMA sounds like it could have came from TTRL.
  5. lp wrote
    Have you noticed the other Hans Zimmer(esque) theme yet? I'm suggesting the one you can hear in "Private First Class Leckie" and "Praying for You" and "Even the Trees Hates Us" . I'm adding "-esque" because it only appear in the tracks that Geoff Zanelli wrote. The Neely tracks kinda hints at it, but not really.

TTRL's Light-like, right? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    lp wrote

TTRL's Light-like, right? smile

Yes.

And have you noticed how the beginning passage of "Adagio for Peleliu" contains a melody from Crimson Tide?
  6. Yeah, it's a variation on Hunter's theme!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, it's a variation on Hunter's theme!

I wonder if there are unreleased stuff that will reference this. Cause it has to be unintentional, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Honor was composed by Zimmer.

How you know that?

By the way, it's a great theme.
  7. Because he wrote "Main Theme" for it. It's arranged by Blake Neely.

Torn Souls and Iwo Jima may be the only pieces done by Zimmer HIMSELF for the series (full with arrangement that is, seems like the theme is Zimmer's in Honor, but NOT the arrangement). Neither Zanelli nor Neely admitted to write it.