• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009
    Zimmer uses music for the Joker in Modern Warfare 2. The score is no way near as bad as Jordi originally made out ( wink ), but I wouldn't listen to it outside of the game.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    i like the game and the score works really good in the game. the middle eastern stuff sounds a lot like Black Hawk Down. the score is nothing ground breaking but it's very effective in the game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    The synths and crappy synth choir made the film popular :lolcat: ?

They certainly didn't harm it because that's what the world's young ladies were swooning over at the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I don't mind the synth choir and the synths, the score was absolutely gorgeous. And also, Titanic is one of the best films of the last decade, in my opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndy
    I don't know if this has already been said in this topic, but the Modern Warfare 2 credits say:

Themes by Hans Zimmer
    Music Composed by Lorne Balfe
    Cookie monster
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    keky wrote
    I don't mind the synth choir and the synths, the score was absolutely gorgeous. And also, Titanic is one of the best films of the last decade, in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. A superb film on all accounts.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thank.you.Lars beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

They certainly didn't harm it because that's what the world's young ladies were swooning over at the time.

The world's young ladies were wetting their pants over the titles' song with Celine Dion and of course Leo my friend, i can assure you nobody even remembers the crappy synths and choir from the score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Andy wrote
    I don't know if this has already been said in this topic, but the Modern Warfare 2 credits say:

Themes by Hans Zimmer
    Music Composed by Lorne Balfe

It's an enjoyable rc party, mindless fun. I am looking forward for a proper CD release with good sound quality instead of the horrible game rips that are circulating around.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The world's young ladies were wetting their pants over the titles' song with Celine Dion and of course Leo my friend, i can assure you nobody even remembers the crappy synths and choir from the score!

what a vision shocked biggrin

I can assure you D that most ladies ( at least the ones I know ) were vomit at that title song.

or strictly speaking 'end title' song.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I can assure you D that most ladies ( at least the ones I know ) were vomit at that title song.

Funny how the ones i know were absolutely in love with it! Goes to show what the age difference in the generations does!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, YOU do! And so do I. So there's two people already. It was a deliberate decision on Horner's part (or Cameron's, I guess) to go with that sound and I think it worked very well. It's obviously deliberately-composed for synths (listen to the John Debney performance of it with a full choir to hear how awful it sounds), presumably to emphasise a kind of ethereal feel.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Funny how the ones i know were absolutely in love with it! Goes to show what the age difference in the generations does!

Nothing to do with a 'generation' thing D, I know as lot of young people and many of my friends have teenage sons and daughters. It's nothing more than that in my circle of friends and associates that song has only ever prioduced the vomit from them.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I guess it must be the effect of every song that gets overplayed in the radio.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, YOU do! And so do I. So there's two people already. It was a deliberate decision on Horner's part (or Cameron's, I guess) to go with that sound and I think it worked very well. It's obviously deliberately-composed for synths (listen to the John Debney performance of it with a full choir to hear how awful it sounds), presumably to emphasise a kind of ethereal feel.

Hey, we remember but hey, we are score freaks.

As for the choice, it's totally wrong. No synth that tries to imitate real orchestral and choir is never ethereal or anything positive like that. Synth pads incorporated into organic recordings of real acoustic instrument such as solo instruments or an orchestra can indeed be very effective (John Murphy, Cliff Martinez) or synth music as a genre (vangelis, jarre, enigma) is one thing but synth that tries to imitate a real orchestra or a choir is laughable and cheesy, at best, imo. And so are the synth parts in Titanic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    But there is no attempt to imitate a real orchestra or choir. He uses it deliberately to get a different, specific sound. I don't think it's one of his better scores, but I do think that device works particularly well in the film.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    the synth parts in Leaving Port sound to me like music from an Enya song. it's a great theme, but in this way it sounds cheap.
  1. It was a deliberate choice from Horner. Shawn Murphy was shocked durign the sessions that no real choir was hired. Rumor has it that Enya was supposed to score the movie, but Cameron using her music in the trailer without permission pissed her off so much, that she backed off. There was also a reported lawsuit, which ended up with a settlement before it started. Enya sued Horner over the similarities (to her song The Book of Days from Far and Away, to be precise)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I wonder why MW2 hasn't been officially released yet. Sumthing Else Records has been releasing quite a few game OSTs recently after all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Rumor has it that Enya was supposed to score the movie

Thank god she didn´t score it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I'm not a great fan of Horner anymore...

For Come one!!!! Horner's TITANIC is miles better than PEARL HARBOR!!!

Pearl habor is a really failed score. With 3 gorgeous loves themes, and a lot of average Zimmer clichés done by other composers.

Take an example: "December 7th" with the "Am I not merciful?" ripp off, wich then is re-used later in the film. Lazy and uninspired! or the boring journey to the line Style in the scenes from the Hospital.

OH, About Modern Warfare 2, it's not so bad like I said, it's worse!!!

PS:Zimmer is still my favourite second composer tongue But we have to say when he is on autopilot.
    Shelock Holmes Now!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    I'm not a great fan of Horner anymore...

For Come one!!!! Horner's TITANIC is miles better than PEARL HARBOR!!!

For indeed! I agree with you. I still love Pearl Harbor though (whoever did what). You troll.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    You troll.

No matter if you say this with small letters. I'm ofended in the same way.

I'm not a Troll.

Can anyone ban this guy? I mean, this kind of actitud is not good for this forum. Seriously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It was a deliberate choice from Horner. Shawn Murphy was shocked durign the sessions that no real choir was hired. Rumor has it that Enya was supposed to score the movie, but Cameron using her music in the trailer without permission pissed her off so much, that she backed off. There was also a reported lawsuit, which ended up with a settlement before it started. Enya sued Horner over the similarities (to her song The Book of Days from Far and Away, to be precise)

I know it was deliberate. But it was wrong too wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi how can a score have 3 GORGEOUS themes and still be a failure?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Jordi how can a score have 3 GORGEOUS themes and still be a failure?

the same way a movie can have 3 great action pieces and be bad. tongue
  2. PawelStroinski wrote
    It was a deliberate choice from Horner. Shawn Murphy was shocked durign the sessions that no real choir was hired. Rumor has it that Enya was supposed to score the movie, but Cameron using her music in the trailer without permission pissed her off so much, that she backed off. There was also a reported lawsuit, which ended up with a settlement before it started. Enya sued Horner over the similarities (to her song The Book of Days from Far and Away, to be precise)

Holy Hanna, how did I never hear that similarity before?? There's an uncanny resemblance there.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    shocked I thought it was obvious to ALL!?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    I wonder why MW2 hasn't been officially released yet. Sumthing Else Records has been releasing quite a few game OSTs recently after all.

You honestly wonder? Have you heard it? vomit
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sheesh, Modern Warfare 2 was a massive MV orgy.

THEMES BY
    Hans Zimmer

MUSIC COMPOSED BY
    Lorne Balfe

ADDITIONAL MUSIC
    Mark Mancina
    Nick Phoenix
    Thomas Bergersen
    Dave Metzger
    Jacob Shea
    Noah Sorota
    Atli Orvarsson