• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTravis
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008
    Hello,

I am extending an open invitation for fans of James Horner's music to join me and others in making his music available for listening on www.imeem.com. The Complete Works of James Horner group is located here:

http://groups.imeem.com/-R1tHVjv

Imeem is a legal, on-demand media website. Users upload music, which others can then listen to on demand. The music cannot be downloaded.

So far 33 of James horner's approximately 108 scores have been uploaded and can be listened to. There are also groups for

John Williams: http://groups.imeem.com/rwGrpfr1
    and
    Jerry Goldsmith: http://groups.imeem.com/o1cEfsHN

Join in if you like.

Travis
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sweet. Can people upload music for any composer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Interesting....but I can't get the links to work!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    I believe this site is "semi-legal" in a sort of odd way. You can't put any music up there, some of it gets stripped down to 30 sec clips. Imeem have deals with four major record companies (big ones), but as far as I know they don't have any deals with soundtrack labels such as Varese Sarabande or Intrada.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    moviescore wrote
    I believe this site is "semi-legal" in a sort of odd way. You can't put any music up there, some of it gets stripped down to 30 sec clips. Imeem have deals with four major record companies (big ones), but as far as I know they don't have any deals with soundtrack labels such as Varese Sarabande or Intrada.

mc

Ah, there had to be some catch. Having an on-demand station with user submitted content just sounds fishy.

BTW there are plenty of online stations that play scores with licenses via Live365, LoudCity and others...
    Streamingsoundtracks (SST) and Cinemix are a couple of the ones I like. SST has about 70 Horner scores
    •  
      CommentAuthorTravis
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    I should have known this was too good to be true. Here is my e-mail to Varese Sarabande and their response:

Hello,

I recently discovered a website, www.imeem.com. Imeem allows users to upload their music, which can then be listened to by others. The music cannot be dowloaded. I have started to put up some of my titles, which include some Varese albums. The Imeem website professes that its process is legal and that any album that it does not have the right to stream is displayed as a 30 second preview. I have noticed that the Varese titles I have put up do play in full so I assume that some kind of agreement exists between Imeem and Varese. However, before I get any further into uploading my material, I wanted to get confirmation from someone at Varese Sarabande that Imeem does have the right to stream some or all of your albums.

Sincerely,

Travis Elder

Thank you for your note.

We also had another record label and film studio bring this to our attention this week.

Please stop uploading our releases to this site. What they are doing is definitely illegal. They have no agreement or authorization from us.

We appreciate that you wrote to us when you realized that something might be fishy.