• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008
    I always seem to line my pen up with my notebook at work whenever I'm not using it. I feel like Mr. Hupf from The Incredibles every time I do it! crazy
  1. Although I don't see it as an annoying habit, I can't walk past a hanging picture that isn't level (at least at home or at work).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    How do you move around your house then? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't have any, I'm perfect.
  2. Anthony wrote
    How do you move around your house then? wink

biggrin

I should have said. I straighten the picture and then move on!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Although I don't see it as an annoying habit, I can't walk past a hanging picture that isn't level (at least at home or at work).

Heh smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Steven wrote
    I don't have any, I'm perfect.

Excellent example. tongue

And my annoying habits? Hm, I guess I should ask the people I live with...
    I know a few things that drive them nuts, like tearing off my finger nails. Not too short like nailbiters, but just tearing instead of using nail scissors.

Or do you mean how we annoy ourself, Anthony?

A habit that annoys me is that I start preparing my lessons very late, the day before and sometimes even the evening before. Causes a lot of stress and still I do it like that every week.
    rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think he means how we annoy others wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Either! Anything that is amusing is good.

Like how I enjoy driving round corners too fast and coming really close to crashing. No one likes getting in my car. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Playing film music very loudly!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Either! Anything that is amusing is good.

Like how I enjoy driving round corners too fast and coming really close to crashing. No one likes getting in my car. cheesy

That's not annoying....that's dangerous!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hehe, I know another one because I just did it: lately I've been singing 'noo nee noo' all the time instead of just 'ya da da' or 'la lee la' or something... don't remember when or how it started, I just keep bursting out suddenly singing a song or tune in 'noo nee noo' very loudly and then my kids will say 'Don't!'.
    dizzy

OK, that's enough for now with these personal details.

Thinking of annoying bad habits I'm wondering who are smokers here?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Another one by me: I'm guilty of starting pointless threads like this! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    And I'm guilty of reading them! And hanging around here longer than I should! wink

OK, I'm off now, having a shower and probably singing noo nee noo in the shower. Oh, and I always forget to dry the bathroom after having a shower so that the person who wants to go to the toilet gets wet socks! And is there anything more annoying than getting wet socks??
    biggrin

wave
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    Aww man, I was washing the car yesterday and dropped the bucket of water I was using. Got my trainers soaked. Won't be able to wear them thisevening unless they're dry. It's when you walk around with wet shoes and you can feel the water moving around in them that's horrible. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What annoys me the most the past months, is how slow I am. I want everything that can go quick, to be done quick. Mostly that works, but recently, it doesn't. I'm now not pointing at maintitles.net alone, but just like everything. Ooooh, that annoys me man!!!

I also get very annoyed when people are knabbling ona chewing gum in a train seated in front of me, often making these frighteing sounds that induce killer thoughts in my then cooking brain. They look constantly around, not knowing what to do with their mouth, so they also open it all the time. Ooooh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!

I also can't really stand touhing the wooden part of an ice cream bar. I don't know, but when I touch it or happen to accidently feel it, I just get goosebumps of terror.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    I also can't really stand touhing the wooden part of an ice cream bar. I don't know, but when I touch it or happen to accidently feel it, I just get goosebumps of terror.

Strangest. Phobia. Ever. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Bregt wrote

Strangest. Phobia. Ever. biggrin

Don't speak too soon. I get goosebumps at the sound of people cleaning their teeth. I just HATE it.

I'm sure I have lots of annoying habits, but none are particularly out-of-the-ordinary or amusing. The one which annoys me the most is that I rarely put things away properly, meaning I can never find them when I need to later on.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    I do have a few annoying habits I suppose, like leaving my false teeth in a glass of water while I slurp spagetti in Itaian restaurants.

Leaving my wooden leg embedded in the arses of annoying kids.

Freaking girls in pubs by removing my glass eye.

Emptying my catheter in the street.

....I could go on...

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Hehehe. Very charming, Timmer. wink

Bregt wrote:

Bregt, that's funny about the ice lolly stick, but I think I can imagine somehow!
    And the gum chewers, yeah... also, some people can make a lot of noise when they eat, even with their mouth shut! They just chew very loudly, their heads working like a sound box. We always have music or TV on while having dinner.
    biggrin

Speaking of phobia, I am scared of balloons, I'm just afraid they will bang. I can only be close to a balloon when I hold it myself so that I'm sure it won't pop. Worst case scenario is being trapped inside a room where children are playing with balloons. I'm sweating, short of breath and can only think of how to get out of there. I think it is to same to me as any person would feel when someone lights the fuse of a cracker in front of you.

Southall wrote:
    The one which annoys me the most is that I rarely put things away properly, meaning I can never find them when I need to later on.

Now I don't like to generalize at all, but from what I've heard this seems the be a male thing? I can also confirm this to be the case with my husband. Hehe, he can even forget where he put something within five minutes! Also he puts away my stuff so that I cannot find it anymore, but neither can he! His argument then is that I should have put it away myself and that's a good point, so now we get to my annoying habit: I am a very messy person.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Now I don't like to generalize at all, but from what I've heard this seems the be a male thing? I can also confirm this to be the case with my husband. Hehe, he can even forget where he put something within five minutes! Also he puts away my stuff so that I cannot find it anymore, but neither can he! His argument then is that I should have put it away myself and that's a good point, so now we get to my annoying habit: I am a very messy person.
    wink

Well, to diffuse the 'it's a male thing' right away: that is so typically my mother! She never knows where she puts her phone, we always have to call he, so she knows it again! Same goes for her glasses, but unfortunately you can't call those...

About my own annoying habits and phobia's: I believe I've got a light form of mysophobia. I can't stand walking on a beach with bare feet or touching sand, it gives me horrible goosebumps of terror (especially when that sand gets everywhere: especially the dry, little sand). I can't stand it when I got dirt on me of which I don't know where it came from, and for a long time I did not want other people to touch me, at all. When they do, I 'stroke' that spot (more out of habit, nowadays) to 'clean it' (don't know a better english term to describe it). Obviously, it can be quite offensive to people, so I try to do that as little in sight as possible.

Also, I have the habit of always making up my bed extensively, shake my bedsheets, before I go to bed. You can easily hear it in the house, so it really annoys my sister, but since she left the house to live with her boyfriend, I haven't heard any complains lately... (I also used to 'shake' my coat before I put it on, when it had been on a coatrack with other unknown coats, which goes back to my previous mentioned oddity).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I get seriously pissed off when someone uses my personal stuff roughly without permission, especially my computer and music player. Even if it's not damaged, I lose my temper over it (and often that's the only thing on which I ever lose my temper on others, believe it or not cool )

The worst case was when my younger cousins smashed my brand new headset last summer when they fought over it. I couldn't let my anger out cos mom warned me that their parents are *very* touchy about anyone (except themselves) criticising their kids and the consequences would be bad. So I had to relieve my anger on the wall, and thus inevitably on my poor big toe vomit

Luckily I got a new, even better headset for my birthday later. And I solemnly swear by my bruised toe that those two will never use my computer as long as I'm here biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I get seriously pissed off when someone uses my personal stuff roughly without permission

Me too! Well, mainly my DVD/CD/Books collection, since I'm pretty anal when it comes to those: I want them as neat as possible, spick and span, just the way I bought them (though I'm losing that over the years... I get more relaxed).

When I bought The Simpsons Movie yesterday on DVD, I spent about 15 min. deciding which one to take with me, since there were about 40 copies in the shop. They all seemed to have some minor gripes... Of course, when I've finally decided which one looks the best and I take it to the counter, they often put the one I personally picked out aside and get a whole different one from beneath the counter rolleyes Also! I hate it when they get those pricestickers off! They are always so careless about it! angry

And when I bought the Indiana Jones collection years ago on the day of release, the f#*&ng dude DROPPED the box! He bent over to get it, and that moment I freaked out, but managed to put on my smiley face again as soon as he got back up with it again... must've been an amusing sight for anyone standing near.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Luckily I'm the only one in the family (and probably city slant ) who listens to film scores, so they hardly ever touch my collection smile

But yeah, no one except me touches my DVD collection box even if they can find where I keep it! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    DemonStar wrote
    But yeah, no one except me touches my DVD collection box even if they can find where I keep it! biggrin

You got a secret hideout for those? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BobdH wrote

Sorta cool biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Ha, mine's not really secret, but I've got them all in a big carry case with a mini-padlock on them. There's over 400 DVDs in there so don't blame me if I'm trying to keep them safe! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i can't think of any particular annoying habit i have; except than when i want my time and space, and want to be alone for a couple of hours, i really, really mean it wink That's all i suppose; oh and i can't let people touch my camera!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Listening to loud film scores after a night on the drink. Not a bad habit though, I just spend hours doing it! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    Listening to loud film scores after a night on the drink. Not a bad habit though, I just spend hours doing it! tongue

You should see the look on my parents' faces when I do that dizzy