• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Bob, your posts made me laugh out loud! biggrin
    Not because I'm laughing at you of course, but because it was so easy to visualise you doing all these things.

I recognize some things. No one is allowed to touch my books (even when they are from the library!).
    Speaking of library books, I wash them off first when I get home. They are always sticky.
    And I hate crums on the table. I freak out when someone wants to put the laptop or a boardgame on the table before I wiped it after dinner! You know what I think? I'm lucky I am so messy, except for the examples just given. Good chance I have a tendency for mysophobia / obsessive-compulsive stuff (it runs in the family) so maybe my messiness is saving me from that. Sounds paradoxal, but I think it's true. When (or should I say if?) I clean something, I always have the feeling no one can use it afterwards.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It doesn't make sense. Loud music clears hangovers. AVPR is a jewl. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Bob, your posts made me laugh out loud! biggrin
    Not because I'm laughing at you of course, but because it was so easy to visualise you doing all these things.

Hehe, good to see its amusing to some wink

Speaking of library books, I wash them off first when I get home. They are always sticky.

I see what you mean, but I just don't take the sticky ones home wink Btw, I'm not particularly that neat with library books... Not because 'they're not mine' (that would be hypocritical), but because they're always that special kind of hardcover that's hard to do any damage to. And besides, they're often already pretty worn out. That's also why I tend to find it more relaxing to read a book from the library, since I can be more 'freely' with it. Not that I lend too many books from the library, though... I prefer buying books, still smile (not second handed, of course, you never know where thats been!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Speaking of books, another thing that really gets on my nerves is when someone dog-ears my books' pages! I HATE that! I got into a serious fight with one of my classmates for that! tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hate it when people leave stuff on the sofa - papers, plates, the TV remote. It all goes on the floor when I'm there.

Also, I cannot watch films with the lights on. All of when I'm there. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, speaking of which, i too hate it when they're sparse objects in the house - esp. in the living room, and where they shouldn't be ,instead of their regular places. I might not exactly be your "all day with the cleaning spray on hand" guy but i like my flat to be in order and tidy.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My desk is always covered in crap. Mainly envelopes that contained CDs/DVDs I've ordered. I open them, cheer at their arrival and just leave the packet there. tongue 23 were somehow there at one point! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Really? I always toss those in a garbage bin on the street on my way home from the post office smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think it's because my family goes ''make sure you take the label off with your name on so you don't become the victim of identity theft!''. Plus we've got all these stupid recycling laws in the UK - put the packet in the cardboard, put the bubble wrap in the normal bin...I usually can't be bothered and just leave the packets in my room. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote
    Also, I cannot watch films with the lights on. All of when I'm there. wink

Hey, you also got that red light on the TV that shows it's on? When I watch a movie I also put all the lights off, and I put a sticker or something on that red light. It's so annoying! angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heh first time i hear that! You're talking about the standby light eh? Doesn't yours turn green when the tv's on?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lol, I just have the dim glow of the screen on the amplifier. Other than that it's pitch black! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    Heh first time i hear that! You're talking about the standby light eh? Doesn't yours turn green when the tv's on?

Yup, the standby light. And jep, you're right, it does get green when the TV's on! (the big one downstairs does, my smaller TV upstairs remains red, though sad).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, green is much softer and less intrusive on the eye than red but if the other tv of yours remains red all the time, that must be disturbing indeed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    confused

Woe betide you Bob, if I'll notice the little lights glow too from now on!! angry

You owe me a packet of stickers if that happens. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    confused

Woe betide you Bob, if I'll notice the little lights glow too from now on!! angry

You owe me a packet of stickers if that happens. tongue wink

biggrin biggrin

Oh yeah, spead the annoyance! Maybe someday they'll start producing tv's without irritating lights!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's one of those stupid inventions that's trrying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. A light telling you when the TV is on...why? Like the silent alarm in the Simpsons.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    I get seriously pissed off when someone uses my personal stuff roughly without permission

Me too! Well, mainly my DVD/CD/Books collection, since I'm pretty anal when it comes to those: I want them as neat as possible, spick and span, just the way I bought them (though I'm losing that over the years... I get more relaxed).

When I bought The Simpsons Movie yesterday on DVD, I spent about 15 min. deciding which one to take with me, since there were about 40 copies in the shop. They all seemed to have some minor gripes... Of course, when I've finally decided which one looks the best and I take it to the counter, they often put the one I personally picked out aside and get a whole different one from beneath the counter rolleyes Also! I hate it when they get those pricestickers off! They are always so careless about it! angry

And when I bought the Indiana Jones collection years ago on the day of release, the f#*&ng dude DROPPED the box! He bent over to get it, and that moment I freaked out, but managed to put on my smiley face again as soon as he got back up with it again... must've been an amusing sight for anyone standing near.

I have a DVD story also:

A few years ago I bought the Band of Brothers cololection. Shortly after, I had to return it because of a bad disc. I went back to Walmart sad and got a new one. When I bought the new set to customer service the stupid lady began to use a friggin box cutter to take the plastic off. Note, the case to the Band of Brothers collection is metal. She was beginning scratches all around the entire case!!
    I yelled "stop!... allow me."
    Then she gave me this really strange look and let me open it.
    This was when it first came out, so it cost like 90 something bucks.

I about freaked out on her!

Well, a bad habit of mine is rambling on on a message board telling a pointless story that truly has no meaning but how much Wal-mart truly sucks. I do this when I should be studying for an accounting test for tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    Don't you hate it when you have neighbors have house parties and don't invite you? Not so much the social neglect, but the loud talking and music you hear into the early hours of the morning when you're just trying to go about your normal life. crazy

Right, WINDOWS OPEN, PATIO DOORS OPEN, VOLUME UP, CONAN!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Don't you hate it when you have neighbors have house parties and don't invite you?

Nah, I never have that problem. I'm far too popular.
    In fact, I'm posting right now from an Ann Summers party I was invited to.

Yuh, I know... hard to believe isn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Don't you hate it when you have neighbors have house parties and don't invite you?

Nah, I never have that problem. I'm far too popular.

Yuh, I know... hard to believe isn't it?

:my pills:
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited
    biggrin

LOL of the day. Mainly because I picture you as Gollum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Oh, you're in the upper study?
    She was just asking me where you went.
    Come on down! The pool is lovely!
    And the clothing optional.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Oh, you're in the upper study?
    She was just asking me where you went.
    Come on down! The pool is lovely!
    And the clothing optional.

And the laptop/wi-fi waterproof?

pf. liar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm giving dictation.
    Obviously.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    :want:

:now:
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Eew...scag.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    :want:

:now:

GET. OUT. MORE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I'm giving dictation.
    Obviously.

GET. OUT. MORE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My ladyfriend Maureen has to see to it that the tiles on the scrabble board are perfect ie all the number values have to be in the lower right hand corner. I could care less.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!