• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    Southall wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Warriors of Heaven and Earth

I bought this. Really like it!

Cool! Now you must get hold of Bose: The Forgotten Hero smile

As with most Indian film music you can listen to it for free (and legally) at MusicIndiaOnline
    Or if that doesn't work then this should.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I have it in MP3 but I really want the original CD or lossless... can't find it anywhere sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    DemonStar wrote
    I have it in MP3 but I really want the original CD or lossless... can't find it anywhere sad

That's crazy! I thought it should be available in India. Planet-M or MusicWorld?
    Anyway I shall check the Indian grocery store next time if they have copies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I asked in every store and all they have is 128 kbps MP3s tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Any of his material. This is a thread for Rahman so I'm not looking for an opinion of Tyler.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    I asked in every store and all they have is 128 kbps MP3s tongue

Just found out from the ARR yahoo group that it's available in the Landmark chain of stores. You can also buy it online (delivery only in India)-
    http://www.landmarkonthenet.com/product … ctID=72623
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Rahman is tah shizzlah.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Da shiksah?
    confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't know.
    he could be a Jewish girl, I suppose?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I suppose he could, but then you could say the same thing about Bette Midler.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    cheesy
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    Is it me or do some bits of Slumdog sound a bit too much like John Murphy's music? Someone brought this under my attention and recommended listening to Latika's theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Joep, I have limited knowledge of Murphy's scores, but what I know sounds nothing like it.
    Can you cite an example?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Sunshine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think I may have that somewhere, though I haven't listened to it yet.
    Will give it a shot and return to this thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009 edited
    edit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Antineutrino wrote
    edit

I managed to see what you wrote before you edited:

"I know what Rahman's Slumdong Millionaire sounds like: crap"

But you deleted it afterwards...right?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Nice article on IHT with a bio and quotes-
    http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/02/ … Rahman.php

Zimmer on ARR-
    "I kept hearing his music and really liking it ... there was a fresh sound and a fresh approach ... and a completely different way of looking at film music," said Rahman's friend, the German-born film composer Hans Zimmer. "Like any good artist, A.R. is not a traditionalist, he's a revolutionary. He uses all the revolutionary things that come from all over the world in his stuff ... hip-hop beats, electronics .... and there's an incredible inquisitiveness and playfulness in his music ... .

"Plus he writes a bloody good tune," said Zimmer, an Oscar-winner for his score to "The Lion King." "He's got the most perfect love theme ("Latika's Theme") in 'Slumdog Millionaire' which I am incredibly envious of in a loving way."
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    BhelPuri wrote
    Zimmer on ARR-
    "I kept hearing his music and really liking it ... there was a fresh sound and a fresh approach ... and a completely different way of looking at film music," said Rahman's friend, the German-born film composer Hans Zimmer. "Like any good artist, A.R. is not a traditionalist, he's a revolutionary. He uses all the revolutionary things that come from all over the world in his stuff ... hip-hop beats, electronics .... and there's an incredible inquisitiveness and playfulness in his music ... .

"Plus he writes a bloody good tune," said Zimmer, an Oscar-winner for his score to "The Lion King." "He's got the most perfect love theme ("Latika's Theme") in 'Slumdog Millionaire' which I am incredibly envious of in a loving way."

vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Zimmer on ARR-

vomit

-Erik-

vomit vomit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. I much prefer it round here when people disagree. When we all unite against a common foe (Gustavo Santaolalla), there's not nearly enough cattyness for a forum so riddled with lolcat links.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. I wonder if the people here who profess to hate Slumdog this much have actually LISTENED to it properly, or if it's just a knee-jerk reaction to all the praise, critical acclaim and success a non-traditional score has been receiving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I like Slumdog Millionaire a LOT. It's fresh, it's enjoyable, it's energetic.
    But I like LOLcats even better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jon Broxton wrote
    I wonder if the people here who profess to hate Slumdog this much have actually LISTENED to it properly, or if it's just a knee-jerk reaction to all the praise, critical acclaim and success a non-traditional score has been receiving.

I've not heard it, but I sure am fed up of hearing about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Jon Broxton wrote
    I wonder if the people here who profess to hate Slumdog this much have actually LISTENED to it properly, or if it's just a knee-jerk reaction to all the praise, critical acclaim and success a non-traditional score has been receiving.

I've not heard it, but I sure am fed up of hearing about it.

It really does have rare beauty and speaks directly to the soul in a way that no composer has managed before or since, in the scheme of Indian-based films by Irish directors.
  4. biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    biggrin biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt