• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, Tom.
    Oh NO!
    We're just BEGINNING!

bhangraBHANGRAAAbhangraAAAAAAAbhangrabhangraAAAAAAAAAAAAAbhangraAAAAAAAAAAbhangra

Thank you, Bregt.
    THANK you.
    (Also on behalf of Tom and D. who, overcome by emotion, aren't able to express their heart-felt sentiments of joy and gratitude)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, Tom.
    Oh NO!
    We're just BEGINNING!

bhangraBHANGRAAAbhangraAAAAAAAbhangrabhangraAAAAAAAAAAAAAbhangraAAAAAAAAAAbhangra

Thank you, Bregt.
    THANK you.
    (Also on behalf of Tom and D. who, overcome by emotion, aren't able to express their heart-felt sentiments of joy and gratitude)

"look at ME Martijn, I am joining you" bhangra
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    If you can't beat the tabla, join the bhangra, eh? biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    punk biggrin biggrin biggrin bhangra biggrin biggrin biggrin punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh dear.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

Kylie love
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bregt wrote
    Oh dear.

What is a moderator to do these days confused confused confused
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sit back and enjoy the passing show, Tom. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009 edited
    At last. A.R.Rahman's thread has turn into what he really deserves wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009
    bhangra

I like this! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Look what I found! -

http://www.rahmanism.com/2007/08/bckgro … c-bgm.html

Most of those are DVD rips as very few of his scores have been released, but the quality is much better than other sources I found, and SFX/dialogues are very less. Excellent for hearing what his scores are like!

I hope someone like Intrada/FSM can get at least some of those released!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I read some of the most ridiculous reviews on Slumdog Millionaire, stating that Rahman was brave enough to use score and songs in this way. Brave?? If only these people would know some more Bollywood films and Rahman scores...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    Joep wrote
    I read some of the most ridiculous reviews on Slumdog Millionaire, stating that Rahman was brave enough to use score and songs in this way. Brave?? If only these people would know some more Bollywood films and Rahman scores...

True. Lame!

Interview with Rahman
    http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/sotw.asp?ID=146
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    ''and is also known as the John Williams of India.''

Must resist, must resist!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I feel sorry for India.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote

Haha! I doubt if anyone uses that description.
    But yeah sure, in terms of contribution to Indian film music you could say that it's like what Johnny or Jerry or Ennio did for film music this side of the globe.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009 edited
    Well the interviewer does! Personally, I think we should ban people who make such silly remarks slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've heard that John Williams is the A.R. Rahman of America.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    Well the interviewer does! Personally, I think we should ban people who make such silly remarks slant

Indeed! It's funny how all the exaggerated epithets are all from Western journalists looking to express the scale of regard. A little creativity and wide publicity ensures that the fancy epithets stick and get regurgitated ad nauseum.
    Mozart of Madras? That was probably by Richard Corliss from Time magazine. What's amusing is that if you say that in India you're likely to be asked 'Mozart, who?'.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Joep wrote

Indeed! It's funny how all the exaggerated epithets are all from Western journalists looking to express the scale of regard. A little creativity and wide publicity ensures that the fancy epithets stick and get regurgitated ad nauseum.
    Mozart of Madras? That was probably by Richard Corliss from Time magazine. What's amusing is that if you say that in India you're likely to be asked 'Mozart, who?'.

Even worse is that these people are being patronising. They need a kick up the arse with the side of my shoe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And of course Joe Hisaishi is the JOHN WILLIAMS of Japan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And John Barry is the John Williams of Britain. Obviously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Wait 'till Timmer sees that. He's reaction can't be anything else than a bit odd.
  1. Joep wrote

I think he's the Hans Zimmer of India - people just keep going on and on and on about him. rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Joep wrote

I think he's the Hans Zimmer of India - people just keep going on and on and on about him. rolleyes

biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Wait 'till Timmer sees that. He's reaction can't be anything else than a bit odd.

Nah! I'm not sure who the John Williams of Britain is? John Barry was a big name composer a long time before Williams name finally got noticed tongue cool

And David Arnold is the new John Barry but can he be Britain's answer to John Williams?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    To be mathematically precise...

Axiom
    1) Every film composer (say, X) can be described in the form: X is the Ennio Morricone of Y
    where Y is the appropriate neighborhood.

2) Having established the boundary with the super-composer, other minor descriptions are possible, and are of the form: X is the Z of Y
    where Z is any composer <= Ennio Morricone

3) No other descriptions are possible
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Nah! I'm not sure who the John Williams of Britain is? John Barry was a big name composer a long time before Williams name finally got noticed tongue cool

And David Arnold is the new John Barry but can he be Britain's answer to John Williams?

I was joking of course, but no, he can't. John Williams is America's John Williams. David Arnold is Britain's David Arnold.