• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    BackToTheFutureFan wrote
    Well, if you want good picture, it's going to have to be a large file. Haha. I rip it to avi but quickly make my videos then delete the avi file. For something like an ipod, if I want to watch a whole 2 hour film you can get the right resolution, great picture (on the small ipod screen) and have the file only be around 50mb. It depends on what you want. I think what you might be looking for is MPEG 1 or 2. A much smaller file while keeping some of the picture. smile

MPEG 2? Ok. Like you I rip stuff off my camera to AVI but after editing I usually save it in WMV. The original resolution is 720X576 or something but I save it in 640X480. The quality sucks though. How do people manage to save episodes of Lost and 24 (all around 40 minutes each) in a 300mb file in decent quality? sad The same with movies. Is there any way I can endode it with DivX? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hey Michael, I was just listening to Independence Day The Darkest Day when I decided to check out your website to see if there were new clips and there it was The Darkest Day!
    cheesy

Great job on Princess Kite as well! Hadn't seen that one yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Here's another one for you: A Beautiful Mind, brilliant scoring if you ask me!! punk
    I guess Cracking the Russian Codes would do. I don't remember how Caleidoscope was in the movie...?

No pressure though, hehe... wink
  1. For ripping, I use AoA DVD ripper. It has a bunch of great settings. I bet you could test it out and see what settings you like best for small files. You can change bitrates, resolution, formats, anything to what you want. Check it out. If you can't find it, pm me, I think I can hook you up.

Thanks for the comments Bregje! I'll definitely check out A Beautiful Mind.