• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hey, I posted this over at moviemusic.com a while ago and thought I'd post it here too since this is such a great site. Check out my channel. Hope you guys like it. I am always making more.

The link is in my signature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008
    Loved it!

It's exactly the kind of videos I would make had I the time; without all the SFX and dialogue, and instead just the music playing with the visuals. "The hand of fate" is my clear favorite.

Next you can make "The leaving/The search" (Conan the barbarian) and "Where?" (Mission to Mars), amazing music to both.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008
    Great stuff! Very enjoyable listening to great cues with these visuals. Well done!

Love your pages' backgroud. Where did you get that wonderful composer montage painting?
  2. I got the background painting at this great artist website - www.paulshipper.com

And yes, I love all the Conan soundtrack and I have a lot of it up. But if you want more I will definitely make more. I agree with the Mission To Mars piece as well. Yeah, I usually try to make one every other night or so before I get to sleep. They often don't take long (maybe 30 min with uploading) because the music on the soundtrack is as heard in the film. Some of them take a bit longer because the editors like to chop the music up. For example, see if you can notice my music edits in Princess Kite, there are three.

Hope you keep watching.
  3. Michael, that's great stuff!

I watched "The Hand of Fate Part I" and it gave me goosebumps! I must get that movie on DVD! I'd love to do that sort of thing but I wouldn't know where to start!!

I look forward to watching some more. Again, a great effort. punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    I watched some of your videos too yesterday and I'll do some again today with the speakers. I absolutely love it!

It has already been said, but what amazes me the most is how powerful the emotion is hearing the music with the visuals (but indeed without all the distracting sounds from the movie). Very intense, like you've been watching the movie for an hour or so and are totally in it. And that within 5 minutes...

Klendathu Drop brought tears to my eyes really! (Weird, even though I hate that movie, the music seems better with your clip than without it...) I also listened to Strength and Honor, it is one of my favourite Gladiator tracks! And Chevaliers, My name is Lincoln and others. Great work!
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah, all the comments here captured my attention for good! Will watch the videos too, asap!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Awesome background! Is there any way to view it without all the YouTube boxes over it? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    Awesome background! Is there any way to view it without all the YouTube boxes over it? confused

Richt click somewhere on the page and chooe 'View background image'. tongue
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161 … as/1-2.jpg
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Christodoulides wrote
    Woah, all the comments here captured my attention for good! Will watch the videos too, asap!

Demetris, make sure you check out Klendathu Drop and Journey to the Island!
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008 edited
    BackToTheFutureFan wrote
    But if you want more I will definitely make more.

How about Building the crate from Chicken Run? cheesy
    The Time travel scene from The Time Machine would be cool as well.

(keep in mind that with each suggestion I make I have no idea if the tracks are cut in the movie...)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Mine Car Chase from Temple of Doom? cheesy
  4. Good feedback here! This is what I need. The Mine Car Chase is an excellent choice. As for Chicken Run and the Time Machine, I don't own the films but I do own the soundtracks. They will take a bit longer to make those. Keep the suggestions coming! Seems like the Media Ventures/Remote Control Productions music is quite popular these days. If the tracks are cut up, I'll cut them down to what you hear in the film.cheesy It just gets tricky when there is longer cues/more music in the film version than in the soundtrack versions.

I agree, the visuals and the music enhance each other. For example, I just posted the Patricide scene from Gladiator and even without the sound effects and dialogue you know exactly what they are talking about. That's how powerful the music is in some of these scenes. Look at the bust of Caesar behind Commodus kind of peering at him, judging him. Very symbolic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Do you own the movie Independence Day? Imagine what you can do with that. cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You'd so totally upload the end credits. biggrin wink
  5. Yes, I do have that film. I actually was thinking about putting up "International Code" simply because it's my favorite cue, but the scene isn't quite as interesting. Do you have any requests from that film?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    End Credits?
    Cropduster?
    Canyon Chase?
    Alien Autopsy could be quite interesting actually... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    BackToTheFutureFan wrote
    Yes, I do have that film. I actually was thinking about putting up "International Code" simply because it's my favorite cue, but the scene isn't quite as interesting. Do you have any requests from that film?

My problem is that I don't remember well how the music fitted in the movie so there's a chance the scene is not as good as the music, like you say, or the other way around!

But, now I'm all in the mood to listen to the score again. smile

Because of all this I am now also revisiting other older scores I got after seeing the movie, like one of my very first: The Rock! Listening to it right now, I am thinking each track would be cool for your site?! Maybe it's better not to relisten to the scores, but to watch the movies again, to look for nice scenes / tracks.

Wow, it has been a long while since I listened to The Rock. cheesy
    I really wore it out back then.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ooh, do The Egg Travels from Dinosaur!! smile
  6. The Egg Travels! Good choice, will be done. The Rock is another. If you like James Newton Howard, please listen to "Beautiful" on my channel from King Kong. One of the most touching pieces by him and a personal favorite of mine. Very Underrated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    BackToTheFutureFan wrote
    If you like James Newton Howard, please listen to "Beautiful" on my channel from King Kong. One of the most touching pieces by him and a personal favorite of mine. Very Underrated.

Central Park would be another good one to do for King Kong. Trust me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Basket Game from Raiders! wink

Or possibly In The Idol's Temple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Michael, what video editing software do you use? I liked your "logo" in the opening of Chevaliers de Sangreal (awesome video and music btw); how did you do it? the logo?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Michael, what video editing software do you use? I liked your "logo" in the opening of Chevaliers de Sangreal (awesome video and music btw); how did you do it? the logo?

Lens Flares and Sunbursts

rolleyes

Sorry... being a video editor this is the most clichéd and overused device.

Demetirs... if you must... in Premiere there is a lens flare filter that you can add to your video in real time. But I HIGHLY recommend against using it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know what it is mate, i just wanted to know exactly how he did it wink

Haven't used the very premiere effect yet; why would you recommend against it? looks too fake? will kill the cpu and ram 'till it friggin shows in preview? What?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    I know what it is mate, i just wanted to know exactly how he did it wink

Haven't used the very premiere effect yet; why would you recommend against it? looks too fake? will kill the cpu and ram 'till it friggin shows in preview? What?

It's amateur... sorry BackToTheFutureFan... I'm not trying to insult you because I actually liked the blurred to sharp title but the lens flare is soooooooo overused these days.

Here are some more... this is actually quite funny!
    http://vfxhack.com/2008/01/25/visual-ef … e-nothing/

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Erik, I agree the lens flare is overused. In fact I downloaded a project file from a website for adobe after effects to do it, I didn't need anything extravagant. I did very minor changes to it like the opacity of the blue background and the text. In fact, I am terrible at using visual effects programs...I basically used a template. The music is the score to the Assassin's Creed game composed by Jesper Kyd. I mainly use adobe premiere pro for all my main video editing. For my youtube videos though, I use cyberlink power director because it has a youtube upload feature to optimize uploading. It is just more efficient that way, I sacrifice video quality for upload time.

Demetris, if your into visual effects check out adobe after effects. If you want CGI you might look into 3d Studio max.

There is a really neat site with high quality how to tutorials for after effects. The effects there are pretty useful and you often see them in feature films. Green screens and such. I also got my title there wink .

Check out videocopilot.net for the tutorials

By the way, Demetris, I sent you a message on facebook with questions about music composition. Take a look when you get a chance. Thank you! Keep watching.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    Another Premiere Pro user! smile

Can you tell me what the best export settings are to save something in DVD-rip quality format? I can't seem to find any settings that save it at a reasonable size or quality! It's either good quality but over gig for a 5 minute video, or around 50 mb in poor quality of something the same length. cry
  8. Well, if you want good picture, it's going to have to be a large file. Haha. I rip it to avi but quickly make my videos then delete the avi file. For something like an ipod, if I want to watch a whole 2 hour film you can get the right resolution, great picture (on the small ipod screen) and have the file only be around 50mb. It depends on what you want. I think what you might be looking for is MPEG 1 or 2. A much smaller file while keeping some of the picture. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Ooh, do The Egg Travels from Dinosaur!! smile

Why? The scene within the film already hardly has any sound effects, and those who are there, aren't overtly present, but just give it the right ambiance. Sure, it's a great scene musically, but wouldn't such a presentation hardly give it any new experience to the scene?