• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    Look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm if you've no idea what I'm on about. wink

It woke me up. Being in a semi-awake state I thought ''Huh? Am I moving?''. I guess it stopped and I went back to sleep and forgot about it until I saw it on the news thismorning.

Cool. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I didn't feel it - and was also awake (probably posting here!) Perhaps I'm too far away - Timmer should be able to offer more clues as to whether that was the case, or if it's because I'm so unobservant.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008 edited
    I felt the after shock when those fuel tanks in Hemel Hempstead blew up (last year?) too. That was more noticible than this however. Did you feel that?

Last night was odd, I woke up at a really weird angle (I sleep strangely). My head was at right the bottom of the pillow and I guess the earthquake caused me to keep ''hitting'' my head against it. It must have stopped just when I realised ''what the hell am I doing?''. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm in Portsmouth, so no. slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Heh, I really want (well, maybe not) to be in an earthquake when I'm awake, rather than being woken up by one! biggrin

It's so weird when you've been asleep as you have no idea whether anything actually happenned or if you just imagined it. That's happenned in both instances (I guess the tank explosion wasn't really an earthquake though). I think there were actually too shakes when that happenned. cool

I seem to recall one waking me up and then another one happenning a few seconds after. All I can remember was everything shaking a bit, but as I wasn't awake properly I just registered it as myself imagining it. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008 edited
    I guess I was lucky to be awake then smile

Was spooky. Trying to get to sleep, then I heard footsteps, and I thought at first it was my dog coming into my room, then I thought no she is definately downstairs with my dad. Then a few seconds later the bed shook. I was terrified, thought something paranormal was happening. Anyway I sat up for 5 minutes, wide awake, before I went downstairs. My dad was standing there looking at me - 'why did you come downstairs?', I was going to say something but thought it would show i'm going mad, then my dad asked 'did something wake you up', when I realised that it wasn't just me. Well anyway, phoned a couple of my friends, despite the time, starting the conversation with 'did you feel that!' and 'that was awesome!'. Needless to say we all agreed it was wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I didn't feel it - and was also awake (probably posting here!) Perhaps I'm too far away - Timmer should be able to offer more clues as to whether that was the case, or if it's because I'm so unobservant.

Same thing James, I felt nought!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Steven wrote

The only quakes you must feel are those of ships crashing onto land wink Seriously, how many houses are there in Portsmouth? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Joep wrote
    Steven wrote

The only quakes you must feel are those of ships crashing onto land wink Seriously, how many houses are there in Portsmouth? tongue

Apparently not enough. Finding a house for next year is proving a pain in the arse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I felt it but it was so weak here in the West Midlands that I ultimately dismissed the possibility of an earthquake until I heard the news this morning. I thought the washing machine was on!
  1. I didn't feel a thing. rolleyes

I'm usually up at that time of the day but last night I didn't feel too great and so was in bed by 10:00pm.

I do remember when visiting the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco a few years ago, they had a platform that you could stand on and they could recreate the 1906 earthquake. Now that was an earthquake!! And ~1,000,000 times more powerful that last night's 'quake!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigaton
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Steven wrote
    Apparently not enough. Finding a house for next year is proving a pain in the arse.

Well, you're close the Canterbury's cathedral. You can always find shelter there, even when they's another earthquake wink
    • CommentAuthorpmrsim
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    Yeah felt it... nothing special. I'm in Sheffield. I was playing Pro Evo with a mate who never experienced an earthquake before and he was rather freaked out. I have experienced a handful throughout my life and wasn't impressed with this one; and am rather annoyed at people on telly acting "shocked" coz a brick fell out of a wall. Get over it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Joep wrote
    Steven wrote

Well, you're close the Canterbury's cathedral. You can always find shelter there, even when they's another earthquake wink

Never. Although, ironically, I love visiting cathedrals.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Or move to the Old Kent Road in Londen. As you most certainly know that was the starting point of the pilgrim route to Canterbury... You know what, forget about it dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    pmrsim wrote
    Yeah felt it... nothing special. I'm in Sheffield. I was playing Pro Evo with a mate who never experienced an earthquake before and he was rather freaked out. I have experienced a handful throughout my life and wasn't impressed with this one; and am rather annoyed at people on telly acting "shocked" coz a brick fell out of a wall. Get over it.

Seconded! punk

Talk about storm in a tea cup!? rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I felt nowt, but a friend felt it. I think it kinda depends on what floor of your house you were on.
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthordjdave
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008 edited
    Nope.

I was in Sleepsville. sleep

For those who don't know where this is, it's in Bedfordshire (near Snooze City).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008
    Timmer wrote
    pmrsim wrote

Seconded! punk

Talk about storm in a tea cup!? rolleyes

Yep. California's the place to go for earthquakes! (I actually visited the San Andreas fault... dropped a penny in it. Good times.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008
    Steven wrote
    I actually visited the San Andreas fault... dropped a penny in it. Good times.)

LOL, I don't know why, but that made me laugh. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm if you've no idea what I'm on about. wink

It woke me up. Being in a semi-awake state I thought ''Huh? Am I moving?''. I guess it stopped and I went back to sleep and forgot about it until I saw it on the news thismorning.

Cool. cheesy

I guess the U.S. is a bit too far away to have felt it, huh? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    Why would anyone GO anywhere FOR earthquakes?!?!?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh I don't know? I've always wanted to look into a bubling volcano.....always looking into the abyss me! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Man, you must be the most-travelled, most-crazy dude with the most-bewildering hobbies and activities ever, i know. Srsly.

But then again you also love everything good in life (including me, excluding spiderS) and for that you're simply too cool. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Man, you must be the most-travelled, most-crazy dude with the most-bewildering hobbies and activities ever, i know. Srsly.

But then again you also love everything good in life (including me, excluding spiderS) and for that you're simply too cool. wink

'But'? Why not 'and'? Traveling and bewildering hobbies and activities are awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yes, you're probably right. But i had his hard-on for spiders as a very negative point when i was writing it. Thus the "but". But you can probably go and change that to "and", you're right wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    Spiders! cool
  3. it seems we in Belgium had 3 tiny earthquakers, at least their were felt. Nothing groundbreaking but for us Belgians this is as close to Disneyland as we come rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited
    Seems the Isle of Skye had a small tremor a few days back (only magnitude 1.2!) - located somewhere in the Cullin range (Lat./Lon.: 57.207 -6.220). Going there in 3-4 weeks on holiday - hopefully it's not a prelude to some serious seismic activity!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn