• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    Feel free to change the title if you want, but I thought it appropriate somehow?

Agent Cody Banks | John Powell

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Aaron Copland's Music from Movies, specifically the "New England Countryside." This is the perfect music to listen to if you're having your first and only cup of coffee in my case. Being not 7 AM here it is still rather peaceful albiet I can hear the commuter rush on the 805 freeway which is only several blocks from me.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007 edited
    NP: Happy Feet (Powell)

Celebrating this new site with "adie's Land" and "Bob's Led"

One of Powell's best, or the best. And His favourite!

Orchestra, chorus, electronic ryhtms, drama, comedy, crazyness, tenderness, epic, addictive tunes....

The Egg Hatch, Birth of a mumble, wives ho, Singing lessons, bob's led, fun food storm, Alien ship, Killer whales and In the Zoo are tracks that makes me speechless.

And it really makes an infection point in my life for personal reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We're still counting?
    Hm.
    I would've prefered a Now Playing I in honour of the new forum. slant This isn't just Scorereviews Mark II, you know!

Yeah.
    Well.
    OK.
    Basically it is.
    But still!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    We're still counting?
    Hm.
    I would've prefered a Now Playing I in honour of the new forum. slant This isn't just Scorereviews Mark II, you know!

Yeah.
    Well.
    OK.
    Basically it is.
    But still!

The Now Playing Thread I started almost at the same time than this was called "now Playing I" . I think start again is better, even if resume the could be in honor of Scorereviews.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Supreme Commander - Jeremy Soule

Another impressive video game score. Soule's samples are incredible. The best sounding fake orchestra I've ever heard.... and it's always evolving. Zimmer... take note!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CONAN THE BARBARIAN - BASIL POLEDOURIS

This score needs no introduction from me or any true film music fan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Feel free to change the title if you want, but I thought it appropriate somehow?

Agent Cody Banks | John Powell

cool

Nah! # XXI feels just right, a "pheonix from the ashes" so to speak. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    More Copland, this time Our Town a Thorton Wilder novel about Grover's Corner in New England.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    Aaron Copland's Music from Movies, specifically the "New England Countryside." This is the perfect music to listen to if you're having your first and only cup of coffee in my case. Being not 7 AM here it is still rather peaceful albiet I can hear the commuter rush on the 805 freeway which is only several blocks from me.

Copland in the morning? shocked
    Wow...there must clearly be a side to the man's music I've still to discover...

I'm not much for morning music though: commuter traffic generally starts at 6:30...right below my window. slant That, and the fact that my natural rhythm is more of the "skip mornings altogether" type doesn't make me the most receptive person at such unholy times.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Horse Whisperer - Thomas Newman

Woohoo, first post!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Tracks with the word "Farewell" - Various Artists

In honor of scorereviews.com I say farewell with a playlist of tracks that contain the word farewell.

Now Playing --> Rushing to a Dying Duke - The Duke - Final Farewell (All This, and Heaven Too) - Max Steiner

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Copland in the morning? shocked
    Wow...there must clearly be a side to the man's music I've still to discover...

Hehe tell me about it! I've got a piece by him for my upcoming piano exams, called "jazzy" and i can safely tell you it's nothing i am in the mood for playing in the morning;

nor midday;

nor afternoon;

nor evening.

I'm not much for morning music though: commuter traffic generally starts at 6:30...right below my window. slant That, and the fact that my natural rhythm is more of the "skip mornings altogether" type doesn't make me the most receptive person at such unholy times.

Same here!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Seven Year In the TIbet (John "the old man" Williams)

Gorgeous, Really Gorgeous. It shows Geisha is not so original....ehehe.

I didn't know why hated williams in the recent years, i have a lot of score by him from my earlier days as a movie music fan!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Geisha is far better; yeah i said that and i truly believe it. I never got around actually liking Seven Years in Tibet, in violent contrast to GEISHA.

n.p. LUST, CAUTION (Look at the Desplat thread for more info).
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Geisha is far better; yeah i said that and i truly believe it. I never got around actually liking Seven Years in Tibet, in violent contrast to GEISHA.

Well...I don't know. I have to listen more carefully.

But At least is nice to hear Williams doing something ethnic (the old composers didn't compose ethnic scores so often like the actual composers does).

It's a great "budha" listening. A great soundscape!

PS:Can we talk about Golden COmpass? or not Yet? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I will not post anything more in the Now Playing Post since I will have the 48 minutes from Pirates of Caibbean suites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh I can't wait! a fully orchestral action adventure score from Zimmer, again!

We will have a 80 minutes score from At world's End. A grand Swepping and Epic Score by the Maestro.

NP:Empire Strikes Back

I remember when I joined this kind of forums, And I was blamed to play scores Like Con Air or The Main in the Iron Mask.

How I changed since then! How I could Buy Con Air instead the 2 cd's from Empire Strikes Back? Well..It's a road i had to do ....It's worst if you like scores like this from the very beggining!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    What´s wrong with Con Air or Man in the Iron Mask? They are so much fun...

NP: HOOK - First Listen in years. I was in the mood for something with a great MAINTITLE...
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well...I don't know. I have to listen more carefully.

But At least is nice to hear Williams doing something ethnic (the old composers didn't compose ethnic scores so often like the actual composers does).

I like in MEMOIRS how Williams gets a cello to sound like an erhu. Nice little challenge for YoyoMa there!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Lord of the rings: The fellowship of the ring

mmmmm, the breaking of the fellowship......bliss
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: X-Men The Last Stand - John Powell
    I watched the film again recently and it reconfirmed how BAD the film is and how unnecessarily amazing the score is....
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. Lord of the rings: Return of the king

Funny how the random function on my mp3 player throws this out after fellowship.

also...Hope and memory.....ooooh yeahhhhh
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
  4. Is it me or Nautilus' English got better after the site change? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. Either this or Bregt included a Jordispell subroutine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Man in the Iron Mask

I absolutely adore that score. It has a very personal background for me as well which i guess further enhances it to my "ears" but still, i think it's a pretty damn cool score; same goes for the gorgeous NICK GLENNIE SMITH take on THE THIN RED LINE, a.k.a WE WERE SOLDIERS. I really miss that guy's work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Either this or Bregt included a Jordispell subroutine.

No.
    Such.
    Thing.
    Ever.

Actually if anyone was so smart as to actually invent one, i am sure people would praise him as Einstein II or something. It just can't happen!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007 edited
    I love the similarities of Man in the Iron Mask´s Main Title with The Rock´s. I used The Rock for a specific part of my RPG campaign. Its Main Title became iconic for my players. When we entered the finale of that part of the campaign, I started with the MitIM Main Title. When they realized it wasn´t The Rock, their eyes went wide. They knew I was up to something special, and it was the best roleplay experience we had in a long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    I came across Scorereviews a few months ago and browsed the forums every so often. When everyone migrated here, I thought I might as well join in as you guys seems to be much more laid back than other places. I was at JWFan for a while and have vowed to never go back.

So, hello all! beer

NP: Nouvelle France - Patrick Doyle

I never thought Doyle would be able to top Henry V, but I certainly believe he's done it with this one. It's a beautiful, mature score that is a new favorite of mine.
  6. David wrote
    I came across Scorereviews a few months ago and browsed the forums every so often. When everyone migrated here, I thought I might as well join in as you guys seems to be much more laid back than other places. I was at JWFan for a while and have vowed to never go back.

So, hello all! beer

NP: Nouvelle France - Patrick Doyle

I never thought Doyle would be able to top Henry V, but I certainly believe he's done it with this one. It's a beautiful, mature score that is a new favorite of mine.

Hi, David. beer

Hope you stick around.

NP: The Last Winter - Jeff Grace & Anton Sanko

There's something really quite classical-sounding with this haunting score. Grace's use of strings is really effective and interesting. Sanko's contribution is mainly the soundscape timbres(?). In a way I'm glad that they are interspersed throughout Grace's cues as I'm not sure I'd listen to them too often if they were gathered together at the end of the CD.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Alan, Grace's and Sanko's score is simply an amazing dark beast of a score. And what a contrasting nature that sweepingly melancholic string-driven theme has with the whole, eh? I am working on my full review on that, i am really impressed by 2 things mainly: the afore mentioned, captivating main theme and the mind-blowing sound design with the haunting string glissandi and all.

n.P. DAVID ARNOLD - Godzilla complete, CD 2

The only way this should ever be played: LOUD | AS | HELL! punk