• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    Friends matter not. Judge me by my friends, do you? And well you should not.
    For my ally is a thermal detonator.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: Shoes Of The Fisherman - Alex North
    Oh, I LIKE this. I like this a lot! Very powerful, evocative stuff. It's right in your face, with some of that wonderful melodic lining I so appreciated in The Agony And The Ecstacy. Fantastic!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Christodoulides wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Fields of Freedom (Trevor Jones)

The length for this album is perfect and the score is really too imo. Usual Jones lush themes and i love them. The action material is pretty good. Highly recommanded for Jones' fans.

Exactly, that's a perfect score indeed although sound-wise, i prefer the Soncinemad suite.

And goddamn, the LSO is just great!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JAWS - John Williams

smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    TREVOR JONES | Fields of Freedom

This is soooo addictive! I was patiently waiting for a release since the awesome SONCINEMAD I suite (http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=6337) which i'd strongly suggest too as it has a fuller sound and a bit more coherent form but still, FIELDS OF FREEDOM is everything a good, larger-than-life war drama with slow but big and bold themes by Jones could ever be. Totally recommended!

I'd certainly agree with you Demetris. Although the CD is short it's long enough to make for a good listen - and the suite on the Trevor Jones SONCINEMAD CDs is a great summary.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Stavroula wrote
    NP: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Fantastic!!!!!

I'm quite surprised but I am struggling to get through the dense music on these 4 CDs. I still haven't managed to get through them all yet.

I'm glad I have the complete version but I think that I'm more glad that I have the single CD version.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I hate to say "I told you so"... biggrin
  3. Martijn wrote

The law of averages does suggest that you are bound to get something right eventually.

BTW, I noticed somewhere the post about the problems when quoting someone (something about infinite posts or something). I notice that when you quote someone, the cursor sits between the end of "[/quote" and the "]". Maybe someone needs to sort out where the cursor begins when someone quotes someone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Martijn wrote

The law of averages.

I'm batting one for one. Of course. smile

BTW, I noticed somewhere the post about the problems when quoting someone (something about infinite posts or something). I notice that when you quote someone, the cursor sits between the end of "[/quote" and the "]". Maybe someone needs to sort out where the cursor begins when someone quotes someone?

confused
    Not a problem for me?
    A specific Opera curiosity maybe?

Anyway, the problem I referenced only has to do with actually not closing the [ quote] tage with a [ /quote] tag (I've deliberately left spaces now obviously because otherwise the board would see them as tags rather than text).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote

The law of averages does suggest that you are bound to get something right eventually.

HAHA! Good one! biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

A specific Opera curiosity maybe?

You actually expected a browser named Opera to be of any good, at all? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    HAHA! Good one! biggrin

Well, the law of averages does suggest that he was bound to get one good on in sooner or later...

tongue
  4. Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    HAHA! Good one! biggrin

Well, the law of averages does suggest that he was bound to get one good on in sooner or later...

tongue

moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007 edited
    NP: Timeline - Brian Tyler

:awesome:

[edit] I hate these hidden smilies!! It's just like why I don't like video games: stop making it too hard and just tell me the bloody cheats!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    Ooooooo. Alan is about to explode
  5. Martijn wrote
    Ooooooo. Alan is about to explode

biggrin

It's okay. I'm wallowing at the moment with Elliot Goldenthal's Titus at the moment so everything's rosey!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    TREVOR JONES | Fields of Freedom

This is soooo addictive! I was patiently waiting for a release since the awesome SONCINEMAD I suite (http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=6337) which i'd strongly suggest too as it has a fuller sound and a bit more coherent form but still, FIELDS OF FREEDOM is everything a good, larger-than-life war drama with slow but big and bold themes by Jones could ever be. Totally recommended!

I'd certainly agree with you Demetris. Although the CD is short it's long enough to make for a good listen - and the suite on the Trevor Jones SONCINEMAD CDs is a great summary.

Agree with both of you. I was impressed in Madrid´s concert; now we can enjoy the (short, but sometimes the shorter the better) score at his best. Specially amazing is the rendition of the main theme in the last track, "Destiny of a Nation", and its various versions through the CD.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Mutiny On The Bounty - Bronislau Kaper
    Interesting. There's about as much I like as dislike.
    Never been too much of a fan of Kaper's, and this is no exception. However he does rise above himself, especially in the more indigenous cues, which are very infectious.
    This one's gonna require multiple listens before I make up my mind.

IMHO, one of the ten best scores ever composed. I love the addictive Native theme, the spectacular Overture and blood pumping "Outrigger Chase"... an action track the could esaily be transplanted into any modern day film.... it's that good and ahead of it's time. And FSM presentation is Grade A material! A masterpiece!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Bee Movie - Rupert Gregson-Williams

An almost A-grade score here!

Energenic, feel-good and fun without being too Micky Mousy.

Next: The Swarm - Jerry Goldsmith
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Now Playing Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Some parts of this are really good.

Nautilus wrote
    NP: Happy Feet (Powell)

Celebrating this new site with "adie's Land" and "Bob's Led"

One of Powell's best, or the best. And His favourite!

Orchestra, chorus, electronic ryhtms, drama, comedy, crazyness, tenderness, epic, addictive tunes....

The Egg Hatch, Birth of a mumble, wives ho, Singing lessons, bob's led, fun food storm, Alien ship, Killer whales and In the Zoo are tracks that makes me speechless.

And it really makes an infection point in my life for personal reasons.

I agree. it is definitely one of my favorite Powell scores. It was a lot more emotional and dramatic than I would have expected before seeing the film, but it fits the film perfectly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Polar Express - Alan Silvestri

The film is on TV right now and I just saw the Runaway Train Sequence... spectacular stuff. So, I jumped on the 'puter and played that cue again with the speakers turned up to 11. Amazing stuff and one of Silvestri's very best!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Polar Express - Alan Silvestri

Amazing stuff and one of Silvestri's very best!

-Erik-

Couldn't agree more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    NP: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Elliot Goldenthal

To be technically correct, I'm actually playing the isolated score commentary track. I will never be able to get enough of this score. It's absolute magnificence from beginning to end.

Oh how I wish Goldenthal wrote more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Toshihiko Sahashi - Gunslinger girl

Curious how a score to such a strange anime can contain so many great cues. There doesn't seem to be much of a recurring theme, it just goes from one great standalone cue to the next.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: FILM MUSIC (Nino Rota)
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Mutiny On The Bounty - Bronislau Kaper
    Interesting. There's about as much I like as dislike.
    Never been too much of a fan of Kaper's, and this is no exception. However he does rise above himself, especially in the more indigenous cues, which are very infectious.
    This one's gonna require multiple listens before I make up my mind.

IMHO, one of the ten best scores ever composed. I love the addictive Native theme, the spectacular Overture and blood pumping "Outrigger Chase"... an action track the could esaily be transplanted into any modern day film.... it's that good and ahead of it's time. And FSM presentation is Grade A material! A masterpiece!!!

-Erik-

Hmmmmm...mkay :shrug:.
    I can take it or leave it.
    I don't think this one is gonna be a purchase.

North's Shoes Of the Fisherman on the other hand was a complete surprise!
    This one is definitely going into the basket!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    David wrote
    NP: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Elliot Goldenthal

To be technically correct, I'm actually playing the isolated score commentary track. I will never be able to get enough of this score. It's absolute magnificence from beginning to end.

Oh how I wish Goldenthal wrote more.

Agree with every point you made there. That score is pure genius, a really one of a kind work and film music in our days SO needs GOLDENTHAL's dynamic return as we speak!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Today i woke up by playing loud GRAEME REVELL's dark and energetic THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK. I think it's one his best efforts to date, with an addictive main theme, dense percussion and gorgeously ominous female choirs. I like the subtle usage of electronic motifs as well, notably along with the main theme performances. As a whole philosophy (not directly linked as far as their sound is concerned though) reminds me of parts of his excellent but rejected score for EATERS OF THE DEAD (the 13th Warrior) crossed with the Beltrami style. Speaking of whom, if i heard Chronicles of Riddick now without knowing who wrote it, i'd probably assume Beltrami did.

Later tried to play PATRICK DOYLE's Nanny McPhee but couldn't handle it so i switched to another excellent and sweepingly melodic score Revell, THE SAINT, this being his top 3 scores along with RED PLANET and the afore mentioned CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK imo. I often wonder if Revell bashers actually listened to THE SAINT, even once. It has such a surprisingly melodic theme and great pieces overall...i miss Revell nowadays, i really do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Aliens | James Horner

Hardcore film music! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Today i woke up by playing loud GRAEME REVELL's dark and energetic THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK. I think it's one his best efforts to date, with an addictive main theme, dense percussion and gorgeously ominous female choirs. I like the subtle usage of electronic motifs as well, notably along with the main theme performances.

His best work to date (The Crow being very close), and the proof that he can compose for orchestra, with themes and melodies. The reason why he doesn´t do it more often is, well, I dunno, maybe he is only hired for films that don´t demand big scores but functional and background music.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you