• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008
    Hey hey hey!

Love in the Time of Cholera is not bad at all.
    A very nice main theme, but a boring now and then.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's what i am saying as well, especially the last piece on album which is very, very emotional.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Le premier Cri feels emotionally dry and uninspired and a very disconnected musical experience.

The concept is that the film follows 48 births around the world, all in different social classes and countries, etc. I haven't seen the film, but with that idea in mind, Amar's music helps me imagine each step of the journey in my head. It seems to me to tell that story very well, film unseen. It's probably most similar to La Terre Vue du Ciel stylistically, but less grave and more gentle.

I hold to my charge to all who follow: ignore this man. Nothing to see here indeed. biggrin

Now Cholera, that's what I might call an 'emotionally dry and uninspired (and not so sure about disconnected)' musical experience. tongue
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well it's not our fault you have a thing for births tongue biggrin The rest of us film music lovers don't share that and will probably find it bland wink
  2. Oh come on, I didn't mean it like that! angry

I was imagining... I don't know -- 48 couples having sex or something. kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin kiss

n.p. BASIL POLEDOURIS - les miserables

No comment
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    Christodoulides wrote
    "Va, vis et deviens ", "La Terre vue du ciel"

I'll be getting those soon hopefully. I liked Bab'Azîz very much ...

NP: M:I-III - M. Giacchino

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pat wrote
    NP: M:I-III - M. Giacchino

cool

punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: Mission Impossible - D. Elfman tongue

In my opinion, the best one (except Silvestri's rejected)
  3. I like Elfman's the most too. Then Giacchino's.

Christodoulides wrote
    That's what i am saying as well, especially the last piece on album which is very, very emotional.

That last cue is a nice one. I wish the whole thing were that good. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Medal of Honor: Airborne (Michael Giacchino)

punk punk (I could be listening the End Credits cue for hours, it´s fuckin G-R-E-A-T!)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    NP Medal of Honor: Airborne (Michael Giacchino)

punk punk (I could be listening the End Credits cue for hours, it´s fuckin G-R-E-A-T!)

Y-E-A-H! punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BEAR McCREARY - BattleStar Galactica SEASON 3

Awesome, mind-blowing stuff punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Glad Giacchino is nominated in the best score category in the International Film Music Association Awards, hope he wins (wouldn´t mind if it is an ex-aequo award with Debney´s Lair though tongue ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    BEAR McCREARY - BattleStar Galactica SEASON 3

Awesome, mind-blowing stuff punk

Really? I listened the season 1 cd and was kinda ZZZZZZZzzzzz....are seasons 2&3 in the same vein?
  4. Season 3 is light years ahead of Seasons 1 and 2. I didn't count myself a fan until the 3rd score album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008 edited
    Nice then, I´ll give it a chance. Thanks!
  5. I've been discovering going back through the earlier BATTLESTAR albums that the themes were pretty much all there, waiting for the drama to use them, and I admire McCreary for that. It doesn't necessrily make those albums better listening, but it explains to me why Season 3 - particularly the first half of the album - pays off so well.

Demetris, don't know if you've seen this by the composer: http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=201#more-201
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    THE FINAL CUT | brain tyler

One of my favourites of him. A score with a piano theme that has at least more than 3 notes on it.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    Anthony wrote

Silvestri's rejected score for Mission:Impossible? How did I miss that? shocked

I like the three of them actually. Zimmer's take isn't that bad, I think: I actually find it fits the movie like a glove — that is, a so-so score for an average film.

NP: The New World — James Horner

Got this one a while ago and have hardly given it a spin, so I'm doing that just now ... and so far, almost half-way through it, this is very charming. I probably won't listen to it again and again, but this is the kind of softness I needed this afternoon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

I think Elfman's effort is the best, too. And thank GOD Silvestri's was rejected! Truly awful!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I loved Silvestri's score! biggrin Sure it didn't use the theme, but the score for the final train scene was brilliant! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    I loved Silvestri's score! biggrin Sure it didn't use the theme, but the score for the final train scene was brilliant! punk

Ordinary is more like it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Demetris, don't know if you've seen this by the composer: http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=201#more-201

No, i hadn't! Thanks a lot, looks very cool and has a lot of interesting material!

n.p. BEAR McCREARY - Wrong Turn 2

Same vein as McCreary's REST STOP and a similar formula: dark electric guitars on distortion and overdrive, full drums' set, gloomy sound design and ominous sfx plus the usual array of middle-eastern plucked string instruments, heavy percussion and McCreary's unstoppable imagination and musical vision. Here, a couple of intense and gripping dance pieces are also written for the score by Captain Ahab in a score that - overall, is certainly not as good as McCreary's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ones but surely very interesting to say the least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Demetris, the first was composed by Cmiral, or something like that.

I don't think it sounds the same at all? Cmirals was very obvious horror scoring, uninspired and fitting the row of boring horroscores from Hollywood. McCreary goes the cool way with a grungy sound!

WHITE OLEANDER | thomas newman

For hardcore Newman fans. Even more experimental and atmospheric than any other score I know of this composer. I'm not a hardcore fan though, but I listen to it now and then, once a year or so, for the very nice pianotheme that opens and closes the score.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

No, i hadn't! Thanks a lot, looks very cool and has a lot of interesting material!

n.p. BEAR McCREARY - Wrong Turn 2

Same vein as the original WRONG TURN score by McCreary and similar formula: dark electric guitars on distortion and overdrive, full drums' set, gloomy sound design and ominous sfx plus the usual array of middle-eastern plucked string instruments and McCreary's unstoppable imagination and musical vision. Here, a couple of intense and gripping dance pieces are also written for the score by McCreary in what's certainly not as good as his BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ones but surely very interesting to say the least.

Don´t think about watching the film though. I did it and well, the best I can say is vomit
    But it´s true that the score shined in a pair of scenes in the film (all that can shine in a film like that of course).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    OH OH OH ! SORRY! I meant McCreary's "REST STOP" shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Apologies accepted. biggrin

Marselus, how do you decide or come up with the idea to watch a movie like that? shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Marselus, how do you decide or come up with the idea to watch a movie like that? shocked

Yeah; i'd be really interested to hear this one as well wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    edit