• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    Thomas wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Nice performance (with the obvious pre-records included) of a suite from POTC3.
    Nice to see Heitor Pereira, Bruce Fowler, Martin Tillman and Steve Erdody having such a good time, laughing all the time. Specially funny is one of the drummers, the one wearing glasses (does anybody know if he is a RC guy?).

If I remember correctly from the other videos, it's Ryeland Allison. There's also (I guess) Henry Jackman on the keyboard and Atli Örvarsson at the accordion.

Thanks Thomas. Wow, that was a true RC Gathering at Disneyland.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BEAR McCREARY - BATTLESTAR GALACTICA season 3

What an amazing score! Bear has been progressively maturing with his sound for Battlestar Galactica for each and every new installment and it's really fascinating to observe the process. This, the latest version of the scores, is so imaginative with bold melodies, amazing percussion work and impressive string lines, heartbreaking themes and vocals and an overall captivating dreamy atmosphere. I can't think of anyone attributing worthier musical accompaniment for Battlestar Galactica, from the younger composers. I truly consider Bear's work to be just that which everyone's struggling to achieve nowadays and which is - sadly, rarely reached: not just a score to accompany, but the musical visual of the on-screen visuals and the storyline. Impressive, very.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Return of the King - Howard Shore

Crack of Doom!!!! punk flash
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    franz_conrad wrote
    Ironically, I was sitting in Sydney's Opera House last night for a concert of John Williams music. (Conducted by LA conductor Arnie Roth.) Just before it started, I heard a call from behind - 'Michael!' I turn, and two rows back, is Christopher Gordon. He says: 'I figured you'd be here.' My reply: 'To tell you the truth, I'm surprised you are!' Truly though, he's a big John Williams fan, and when the orchestra came round to RAIDERS, I couldn't help but think of WARD 13... wink

Cool!

When will you travel round the world to teach? wink
    Kazoo
  1. Christodoulides wrote

I very much like 'Violence and Variations'.
    Bregt wrote

Cool!

When will you travel round the world to teach? wink

I was wondering if anyone noticed that story!
    I am quite happy to teach if there's compensation for it. Trips to other places are expensive. wink (I assume that means my essay has at least found the approval of one reader... smile )
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

Sounds rude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I very much like 'Violence and Variations'.

I like "Heeding the Call" and "Mandala in the Clouds" more than everything else, so energetic and full of adrenaline! Also surprised by the gentle melancholic of stuff like "Deathbed and Maelstrom"! Not to mention that the concluding metal-n-orchestra ride in hell song "All Along the Watchtower" totally blew me away! And i am one who doesn't usually like songs! shocked punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    n.p. LUIS BACALOV - Sea of dreams

So melodic, so romantic and touching, so beautiful!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: Happy Feet (Powell)

One of Powell's best, or the best. And His favourite!

lol, or as Powell says: I don't really have a favourite....ok, I guess it's Endurance....wait, no, Happy Feet....actually no, I really don't have a favourite.....except Rat Race.... dizzy

NP: P.S., I Love You - John Powell!

All will be explained later on my site. I just have to escape this place called the office. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    NP: LUST / CAUTION - Alexandre Desplat

One of those scores I instantly like and appreciate, but will have to spend more time with to really love. I think it really sounds like a stereotypical Desplat score, having his stamp and sound on every cue (funny thing is, the one moment I thought: "wow, this is really good!", I then saw it was Brahm's Intermezzo biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Ironically, I was sitting in Sydney's Opera House last night for a concert of John Williams music. (Conducted by LA conductor Arnie Roth.) Just before it started, I heard a call from behind - 'Michael!' I turn, and two rows back, is Christopher Gordon. He says: 'I figured you'd be here.' My reply: 'To tell you the truth, I'm surprised you are!' Truly though, he's a big John Williams fan, and when the orchestra came round to RAIDERS, I couldn't help but think of WARD 13... wink

Can someone say jealous!!! How cool... you get to hear a live John Williams concert while at the same time have a big time film composer recognize you just to say hi. I say again... HOW COOL!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Home Alone 2: Deluxe Edition - John Williams

Some may turn their noses at an expanded 2CD edition of this score but I say bravo Varese. More Williams music... especially previous unreleased music... is always a Godsend! I'm listening to disc 2 since I never got to finish this album the last time I listened to it. I don't know WHO mixed this album but they made Shawn Murphy seem like an absolutely brilliant recording engineer. The clarity, the power, the balance... it's all there... which is rare for a Murphy recording. IMHO, Murphy should hand over his raw recordings to this guy. Ok... wait... let me look at the credits...

Oooooooh Michael Matessino... you genius! I had a feeling it was you.

Anyway, great album!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mr. & Mrs. Smith | John Powell

I'm finally in a John Powell mood again. I haven't been in a Powell mood for a few weeks! Always manages to put a smile on my face. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Dammed, Dammed.... I hate you, guys!!!!

I was very happy with my own identity.....

Why Im listening Empire Strikes Back instead Pirates Suites????

crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Bregt wrote

Sounds rude.

Imagine it said by a Scotsman?! biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Bregt wrote

Sounds rude.

Naaaasty! shocked

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Today i gave my first listen which was coincidentally my first ever contact with his work, to CYRIL MORIN - zaina, cavaliere de l'atlas after i heard about it and his music in this forum. I gotta say it reminded me of Armand Amar a bit and it has some very interesting crosses of middle-eastern world music with the standard melancolic and large-sound western string orchestra, at times bringing a bit of Steve Woods and David Giro's work for El Misterio Del Nilo in mind, at times even some Cassar; i gotta say that the latter's work's far superior though, imo, mostly due to coherence and way more focused musical aims in his works. Have to listen more though, i liked what i heard in this first contact.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Bregt wrote

Sounds rude.

"Crack of Doom"

Sounded fine to me! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Bregt wrote

Sounds rude.

"Crack of Doom"

Sounded fine to me! wink

I'll bet! biggrin

There's not a Nationality or accent on the entire planet that can say the word "Doom" better, more meaningful and with such impending dread as a Scotsman. wink cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Not everyone says it like John Laurie...unless we're specifically asked. Or unless we're in the company of non-Scots.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Not everyone says it like John Laurie...unless we're specifically asked. Or unless we're in the company of non-Scots.

LOL biggrin

Now on to tonights big debate...

Who says "MURDER" better.....Scots or New Yorkers?

Mah dah

v

Moidah

cheesy

NP : THE TIME MACHINE - Russell Garcia

I love this cool
  4. NP: Saving Private Ryan

Heavenly brass.
  5. Timmer wrote

Mah dah

v

Moidah

cheesy

"Mah dah"?

Did you ever hear Taggart pronounce it that way? It's "Murrr-durrr". OK?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Mah dah

v

Moidah

cheesy

"Mah dah"?

Did you ever hear Taggart pronounce it that way? It's "Murrr-durrr". OK?

Word cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ... biggrin

I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just reviewing my latest show to make sure there are no f-ups... and while skimming through I've stopped at Raintree County. I remember first playing this score when I got it at the beginning of the year and being absolutely absorbed by it. Well, it happened again. Once the "Overture" began I just stopped what I was doing, sat back and listened. Truly one of the best discoveries of the year for me. And outstanding score by Johnny Green and in it's complete form as well. Brilliant! And those ethereal voices heard in "The Swamp" are truly mesmerizing!!! And what a main theme! A lyrical, string melody that sweeps you off your feet!

I LOVE THIS SCORE!!!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    Christodoulides wrote
    n.p. LUIS BACALOV - Sea of dreams

So melodic, so romantic and touching, so beautiful!

That was in my cd player last night. Just lovely!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    What a surprise, today I recieved Star Wars anthology!!!!! Late....but it finally has arrived.
    For be used, the box is in a very good conditions, and the packaging is really good!!! Im really exited.

I decided to beggin with....

NP:A new hope
    Darth's vader original theme is not bat at all, i like it! it's more simple but almost as much effective.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Eight Below - Mark Isham

From what I can tell, Isham hasn't tackled many films like this one but judging by its quality he's really good at it! He should be given more projects like this and Racing Stripes. Brilliant stuff!

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    YEah Eight Below is one hell of a good score! Just don't go anywhere "Running scared"!