• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    RACHEL PORTMAN - The Lakehouse

A very beautiful, underrated score. The main theme is very addictive, a romantic piano and orchestra theme blessed with endless melody and pieces like the heartbreaking "Il Mare" fronted by the gentle, fragile cello are what make this score really worth it. Recommended.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Demetris... do you also happen to listen to streamingsoundtracks, by any chance?
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    elenewton wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Highlander (Kamen)

Just watched the film...

Queen's love theme arrengement are great, but Kamen score is to synthetic and uninspired. But I guess he was not very inspired with the film or the aditional music from Queen (Not because of the mytic rock band, but because the fact they scored some important cues)

Synthetic?! Please check out the Highlander trilogy album. There is NOT a single synthetic Kamen cue in it ! In the contrast, it contains one of the most exciting, orchestral, swashbuckling score of all time !

What album is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    NP: The Edge - Jerry Goldsmith

Magnificent theme which matches the visuals just perfectly. Superb stuff.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Christodoulides wrote
    Atham wrote
    NP The Machinist - ROQUE BANOS

Finally got arround to hear this fascinating score!

I love it! But then, I love anything that sounds like Bernard Herrmann.

I'd swear Herrmann was being channeled for this score!

Totally agree, brilliant film-scoring that is. What other Roque Banos scores have you heard so far?

This is the only Banos score I've heard. Any other recomendations?
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    RACHEL PORTMAN - The Lakehouse

A very beautiful, underrated score. The main theme is very addictive, a romantic piano and orchestra theme blessed with endless melody and pieces like the heartbreaking "Il Mare" fronted by the gentle, fragile cello are what make this score really worth it. Recommended.

Any reason why you were listening to this one, Demetris? I don't remember you mentioning this one before.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Atham wrote

If I could recommend a few:

Fragiles
    La Flaqueza del Bolchevique
    800 Balas
    Alatriste
    Las 13 Rosas
    The Kovak Box
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Atham wrote

Fragiles
    800 Balas
    Alatriste
    Las 13 Rosas
    The Kovak Box

LAS 13 ROSAS
    ALATRISTE
    SEGUNDA PIEL

My favorite Banos scores
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    msia2k75 wrote
    elenewton wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Highlander (Kamen)

Just watched the film...

Queen's love theme arrengement are great, but Kamen score is to synthetic and uninspired. But I guess he was not very inspired with the film or the aditional music from Queen (Not because of the mytic rock band, but because the fact they scored some important cues)

Synthetic?! Please check out the Highlander trilogy album. There is NOT a single synthetic Kamen cue in it ! In the contrast, it contains one of the most exciting, orchestral, swashbuckling score of all time !

What album is it?

http://www.amazon.com/Highlander-Origin … amp;sr=8-1
    • CommentAuthorTrekkinD
    Marselus wrote

There´s music from the fight in LA (tracks 11 to 13: seven minutes) plus the final dragon fight (tracks 14 and 15: five minutes) and the epilogue (track 16, the arrangement of the Korean song). Fifteen minutes total.
    Funny and unpretentious movie by the way, the fight in LA and the epilogue are worth watching, and is where the score can really shine.

Thank you Marselus! D-War was one of the better B movies that I have seen, at least it had some decent SFX and was glad the urban battle didn't come off too badly compared with the one in Transformers. Would be great for MST3K though!

NP: Romancing the Stone by Alan Silvestri

A fun, very 80's popish effort by Slivestri with loads of pop percussion. Quite enjoyable with a good theme that gets plenty of play. This more of the CHiPs side of Silvestri, but no disco. The track "The Town" has a moment at 1:15 that sounds straight out of an old SNES side scrolling Mario-Like game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Atham wrote

Fragiles
    800 Balas
    Alatriste
    Las 13 Rosas
    The Kovak Box

LAS 13 ROSAS
    ALATRISTE
    SEGUNDA PIEL

My favorite Banos scores

Alan´s and Demetris´s recomendations are great, these are Baños´s best scores.
    I´d add "The Machinist" (very similar in style to "The Kovak Box"), and two of his better comedy scores, "La Comunidad" and "Muertos de Risa".
    And "The Oxford Crimes", if it´s ever released, is pretty good (in fact is the best thing of a poor movie).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    smile Boy, you guys know your Banos scores!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Black Dahlia | Mark Isham

To hell with Tyler or Beltrami channeling Goldsmith, Isham's your man for the job!

punk
  3. Steven wrote
    The Black Dahlia | Mark Isham

To hell with Tyler or Beltrami channeling Goldsmith, Isham's your man for the job!

punk

One of the best scores of recent years. 'Death at the Olympic' and 'No Other Way' are an incredible pair of cues.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:United 93 (powell)

A visceral score, sincerely I can't think anyone or anyway of scoring better this film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Nautilus wrote

A visceral score, sincerely I can't think anyone or anyway of scoring better this film.

I 100% agree with you Jordi, it's one hell of an experience - both within and away from the film. Powell really seemed to know what to do with this one. The End blows me away every time.

NP: 3:10 To Yuma - Marco Beltrami

Gets better with each listen!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I 100% agree with you Jordi, it's one hell of an experience - both within and away from the film. Powell really seemed to know what to do with this one. The End blows me away every time.

NP: 3:10 To Yuma - Marco Beltrami

Gets better with each listen!

punk

"phone calls" from united 93 is really touching.Specially when the horns, strings, and Powell's son are played together.

And Im agree with you about Yuma wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote

Completely agree.

n.p. DAVID ARNOLD - the Musketeer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote

n.p. DAVID ARNOLD - the Musketeer

Couldn't stand the craze too much and shifted to DAVID NEWMAN's SERENITY. Let's see how long of this one i'll handle wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah. Didn't last either.

DON DAVIS - the matrix revolutions

The man's a genius! Hear that stupid-deaf studio execs??!??
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nah. Didn't last either.

Genius is still banded around too much but yeah, stupid deaf studio execs I agree with and Davis is exceptionally talented and not getting any high profile work.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. NP: Thunderball - John Barry

cool

My favourite Barry Bonds:

1. OHMSS
    2. The Living Daylighta
    3. Thunderball
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nah. Didn't last either.

Yeah. And not only some execs are stupid, but also some audience.

I remember the day I saw the Matrix Revolutions, when the APUs showed up, some guys in the cinema giggled. Those guys also giggled when Trinity died. I still don't understand what was funny about those scenes...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NEW NOW PLAYING THREAD NOW OPEN
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ii/#Item_8

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: Thunderball - John Barry

cool

My favourite Barry Bonds:

1. OHMSS
    2. The Living Daylighta
    3. Thunderball

cool

I've got to admit that THUNDERBALL can be a bit of a drag at times with a bit too much 'underwater' music, some fantastic action tracks though which are amongst Barry's best, particularly Street Chase where he elaborated and fleshed out his famous '007' theme, I always felt it was a shame he never re-used it in later Bond's?

David Arnold has said in past interviews that he'd love to use Barry's '007' if he could find the right situation to place it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt