• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007 edited
    David wrote
    NP: Nouvelle France - Patrick Doyle

I never thought Doyle would be able to top Henry V, but I certainly believe he's done it with this one. It's a beautiful, mature score that is a new favorite of mine.

Glad you liked it mate. That's my favorite Doyle score, ever along with wah-wah!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Lord of the rings: The fellowship of the ring

mmmmm, the breaking of the fellowship......bliss

Top man cool

NP : THE FLY - HOWARD SHORE

Timmer ( who's also just Tim )....could get confused wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LE TRAIN - Philippe Sarde

One of my all time favourite scores! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    sdtom wrote
    Aaron Copland's Music from Movies, specifically the "New England Countryside." This is the perfect music to listen to if you're having your first and only cup of coffee in my case. Being not 7 AM here it is still rather peaceful albiet I can hear the commuter rush on the 805 freeway which is only several blocks from me.

Hi Tom! It's good to see you here. I really appreciate your input on film music and missed not seeing you around.

np Open Window Cliff Eidelman

Yet another piano based score by Eidelman with a theme that stays with you forever. What really thrill me even more are the gritty jazzy cues.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Tideland - Danna brothers

This is an unexpected surprise and a brilliant collaboration. A very striking work, perfect for the off-kilter world depicted in the film, despite a few clear Elfman influences scattered throughout. That main theme is definately Mychael's I would say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There is clearly a side of Copland that many of you have yet to discover. Check out the Slatkin CD of Copland. Well worth an investment. In fact at this time it is the only way to get The Heiress.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Gattaca by Michael Nyman

Never truly appreciated it until this year.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The number on the Slatkin is an RCA #09026-61699-2. It includes his Oscar nominated Our Town, Of Mice and Men, and his Oscar winning score The Heiress. It also includes The Red Pony and while not nominated it is one of my favorite scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Taras Bulba - Franz Waxman

Wonderful theme! Great score all round!

PS Great new website. I'm impressed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    David OC wrote
    Tideland - Danna brothers

This is an unexpected surprise and a brilliant collaboration. A very striking work, perfect for the off-kilter world depicted in the film, despite a few clear Elfman influences scattered throughout. That main theme is definately Mychael's I would say.

That's indeed a brilliant score, i only wish more people would actually get to know this kind of works, the Danna scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    TREVOR JONES | Fields of Freedom

This is soooo addictive! I was patiently waiting for a release since the awesome SONCINEMAD I suite (http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=6337) which i'd strongly suggest too as it has a fuller sound and a bit more coherent form but still, FIELDS OF FREEDOM is everything a good, larger-than-life war drama with slow but big and bold themes by Jones could ever be. Totally recommended!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Grimble Gromble wrote

Grimble gromble...
    Squonk?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MARCO BELTRAMI | Hellboy

Talking of "quick fixes" over the Brian Tyler thread..... punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Howard Goodall - Red Dwarf, my homemade album. Probably the smegging best Red Dwarf album any fan of the show have ever made.

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked
    You utter, utter, utter, utter smeghead!
    How did you get that?
    From the isolated audio tracks on the DVD?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Yep, the 8 DVDs(though the last DVD didn't have much), and then made an album of the best tracks. I also found the episodes they appeared in and have named them properly based on the scene in which they were used. The DVDs had loads of tracks that lasted around 10-20 seconds. The stuff I've put together by careful listening is 31 tracks and 49 minutes of pure Goodall goodness. Oh, edited to add, a couple of the cues were downloaded on fan pages on the internet, like the 5 minute extended Red Dwarf theme that can't be found on the DVDs.

Peter spin

PS.Perhaps red5 can find it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    plindboe wrote
    PS.Perhaps red5 can find it. wink

[Obi-Wan] Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time...a looong time...[/Obi-Wan]

I'll probably have to restart the whole thing, but yeah, I'll get involved again! Should be fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    plindboe wrote
    Howard Goodall - Red Dwarf, my homemade album. Probably the smegging best Red Dwarf album any fan of the show have ever made.

Peter biggrin

lol
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - Williams

A classic! There are some moments in this score that I never tire of listening to! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JAMES HORNER | The land before time

I think you can safely place me in the lowest parts of the fan-list for this score; same goes for Krull. There, i said it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked

You
    Suck

thumbs
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    JAMES HORNER | The land before time

I think you can safely place me in the lowest parts of the fan-list for this score

But you are on the fanlist! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well i like the main theme. But after its 147 repetitions and the fluffy mickey-mousing in-between along with the happity-hoppy female choir ruins it for me.

n.p. JOHN FRIZZELL - 13 ghosts

Pretty interesting electronic manipulated orchestral sounds (like he did with STAY and Elia Cmiral did with his PULSE), twisted dark sounds, interesting combination of sound textures and creepy vocal atmospheres. Very genuine approach in many places although overall i'd not say it's a really great horror score or anything.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Lord of the rings: The fellowship of the ring

mmmmm, the breaking of the fellowship......bliss

Right. smile
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    NP: Enchanted - Alan Menken

Menken is back indeed it seems. Lovely straightforward score with those large gestures I really love about Menken's music. A real joy to listen to. smile
    - What matters is the music -
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And then there is Tom who is in another world! This morning I'm listening yet again another version of New England Countryside, this time the Telarc version with Jonathan Sheffer and the Eos Orchestra. 3 versions and one to go. And I do all of this because of an article on golden scores that little care about.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That Tom!
    Always the fanatic!
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : Dutchman - John Barry

aka Martijn's theme!? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JOHN POWELL - The Bourne Supremacy

Easily on of the most accomplished, original and edgily modern action scores of the last decade. It has it all, everything you could think of it in such a score and it's all top-notch; it just doesn't get any better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MARCO BELTRAMI | I, Robot.

One of my all-time favorite Beltrami scores, in fact even more than Hellboy. And that main theme.....oh i love that!