• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008 edited
    I've been playing Burnout Paradise. I really like the open-ended world and the fact you can find all the crazy jumps and stuff, but all the races, road rage events and the new showtime events just feel weaker than usual. The cars are nice and shiny though and the damange effects are the best I've seen. And if anyone else has found the funny classical music that plays if you leave your car parked anywhere, don't you wish you could listen to it while playing instead of all the crap rock music? tongue

I've also bought Medal of Honor and Medal of Honor Underground for the PS1. I've played all the MOH games apart from these two (well, and European Assault, and the apparantly awful Vanguard and Heroes). Allied Assault got me into Giacchino's music, but it wasn't for a while that I realised all but 5 cues were from the previous games. Now I need to experience them in their original context! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    My brother just got BURNOUT: PARADISE on PS3 and from the little i've seen / played, it's absolute kick-ass! Awesome car physics and breathtaking visuals!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I'm still addicted to the N64. Games like Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time rule! I'm currently working my way through Banjo Kazooie and Turok 3.

Nintendo rules wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Old games are coming back imo. Retro stuff rules! punk
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    They've never been gone for me. I've played two hours of Mario Galaxy on the Wii and about 10 minutes of 2 vague xbox 360 titles, which sums up my experiences with all games and systems after the N64 age.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can't wait for Medal Of Honor to arrive! bounce
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I play FIFA 2008 with a bunch of buddies every Tuesday, but other than that, I don't play any computer games at all...and haven't played them since the mid 90's.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I play FIFA 2008 with a bunch of buddies every Tuesday, but other than that, I don't play any computer games at all...and haven't played them since the mid 90's.

You old fogey you! rolleyes wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tic Tac Toe! Revolutionary! Gotta try it guys!

wink

Seriously... I only play one game series and one game series ONLY! NHL 08! Great on the Xbox 360 but hasn't been good on the PC since 2004.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Turok 2 : Seeds of Evil

A decade old online shooter. I'm just addicted to it just now!
    An oldie but a goodie!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008
    I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 1942 recently. But then again, I have been for the past 6-7 years. I now firmly believe it is the greatest game ever made. I know that's saying something, but the memories it brings back over the years, it's been through my life '/end sad' . It's just so much fun to play. I love it. The end.

Also been playing a bit of Oblivion, with a new character, and Dawn of War still gets played a good deal, despite how much I suck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I'm playing scrabble on my ipaq daily. Sounds exciting doesn't it?

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, its expansion The Shivering Isles by Bethesda Softworks which is in my hometown of Rockville, Maryland. Bioshock by Irrational Games is excellent on either PC or Xbox 360 as well as Call of Duty 4 which is good but short.

Just to name a few.

Oh and I can't wait for Fallout 3 which will feature actor Liam Neeson in an important role in the game's story!
  1. I do have tons of free time (maybe too much) so here goes:

XBOX 360 :
    - Mass Effect (awesome sci-fi RPG with an incredibly deep storyline and well-developed characters, interesting squad based combat)
    - Kameo: Elements of Power (superbly designed action adventure game with beautiful visuals and likeable characters)
    - Halo 3 for the online modes, but I love the campaign as well.

PS3 :
    - Burnout Paradise (open ended world and the most amazing car crashes in existence but I fear the gameplay may get old once you've seen all there is to be seen).
    - Resistance: Fall of Man (still a kick ass shooter but not the most original in terms of game design, just run & gun)
    - Colin McRae Dirt (totally different from Burnout but equally absorbing, the game takes ages to complete).

PC :
    - They Hunger mod for Half-Life (ha this is something special, a professionally fanmade mod, survival horror FPS in three episodes)
    - Portal (totally one of the best games ever, ubercool design and taxes the brain to the point where you have to think in multiple dimensions, puzzles are so clever you will sit in awe from start to finish)

Besides that I always go back to my SEGA days by means of emulation, Mega Drive games are where my heart resides so once in a while I fire one up.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    I'm at work, but I really want to go home and play Crysis! I can't get enough of this. It's like Lost meets Rambo. punk

Only on the third level too, these North Koreans are tough!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Currently my poor HD is on heavy strain due to all the music I've loaded in it tongue and my PC is a bit out of date according to today's games' requirements (will be updating it next year hopefully) so I'm playing the older games right now which don't take too much space, like Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Freedom Fighters and Halo.

Really looking forward to play MoH and the Call of Duty series!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I still say the original Rollercoaster Tycoon is the best game ever made. It's retro now, but I can't stop playing it (even though my computer can cry)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I still play Toy Story 2: Action Game sometimes. It was one of the first games I got, and I feel its graphics are very good compared to most games of that time (1999).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh man, I have (had) that too! That final boss fight where you're in the plane and against 3 (or was it 4?) enemies was so hard!! As was that level in the rainy street.

My favourite level by far was the neighbourhood one as there was that massive tree to climb! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeah! And the music is totally AWESOME. I listen to it a lot. Yep I love the neighbourhood level, as well as the Space Land level. The conveyor belts level has to be toughest tongue

There was one funny part in this one - in Level 13 you fight Emperor Zurg. In my old and slow computer, I used to defeat him very easily as he moved so slowly. My other friends with this game, and who had faster computers said he moved too fast and they couldn't use spin-attack on him in time. I thought maybe they just sucked at it, but when I got a new computer, it took me FORTY FIVE minutes to get rid of him!! lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Yeah, but the aliens are tougher. Save your ammo tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yeah, but the aliens are tougher. Save your ammo tongue

Am I the only person finding it difficult to find more ammo for the SCAR? It's meant to be your main weapon in the game yet the only place you can pick some more magazines up is from the equipment your dead squad mates leave behind. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Checking the internet about Crysis now so I'll try to get it some time later smile

Man, here's a good way to discover new games!! biggrin punk biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Recent stuff you must play: Call Of Duty 4, Crysis, Burnout Paradise, Assassin's Creed!!! punk

What's next? Even I don't know.... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Played Hitman 4: Blood Money at a friend's some time ago, liked it a lot (except for the excessive blood slant ), unfortunately it won't work on my system...

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    3 of the 4 you can get on console, but Crysis will kill every system on the face of that planet at some point. Even mine, and it's a week old! cool shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Console prices here are sky-high out here (and since this is the study-era of my time, Dad will kill me if I ever mention one wink ) so for now I'm only playing PC games.
  2. Anthony wrote
    3 of the 4 you can get on console, but Crysis will kill every system on the face of that planet at some point. Even mine, and it's a week old! cool shocked

Download performance tweaks some people made, they give you 5-10 fps more performance while still keeping visual quality. I did and it works great.

This site helped me: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=26
    Cuban Ultima Doom Sword's custom configs are pretty good.

Crysis is too beautiful a game to lower gfx details to improve gameplay.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DreamTheater wrote

Crysis is too beautiful a game to lower gfx details to improve gameplay.

I agree. This game is a first as for once I refuse to lower the graphics any more for a better framerate.

To keep it running between 30 and 40fps and I'm currently running it in 1280X1024, everything on medium apart from sound, physics and post processing effects which I've got on high, and I've turned motion blur off (because it's annoying!)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Woah, does that mod tool help a lot in terms of performance and general look? Some of those screenshots they've got put my current config to shame! shocked