• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    As for the game, there's a lot more ''go in an blow EVERYTHING up'' objectives and not really much stealth. They've refined a lot of little thing now though which make it more enjoyable - vehicle handling is better, you auto pick up ammo, and you can dual wield more guns

Hey, this looks great. So there´s more direct action, the vehicle handling is better and you auto pick up ammo? Taht´s my game punk

And graphically is as good as the first one Anthony? I mean the environment, the landscapes, etc
    And what about the story? Cause the first one was really interesting (at least for the major part of it).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008 edited
    Don't forget, Warhead is only an expansion, about half the length of Crysis, but I read reviews stating the gameplay is so much better and more varied, and they tweaked the engine so it will now look brilliant and run on lesser machines. And storywise, it's a bit like that Opposing Force expansion for the original Half-Life, you play through the original storyline, but from the perspective of your formed squadmate, Psycho, so seeing new things and having a totally different experience. I'm getting it very soon, I thought Crysis was ace, so this will have to be ROCKIN'!!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. biggrin

I love Easter Eggs.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008 edited
    Warhead does look better - they've redone the lighting engine and are doing a lot more on particles. It does scale down better as well and overall runs better than Crysis (while still looking better!). I'm still going to wait for a CCC mod to come out though as using the Crysis one on Warhead creates a ton of artifacts on screen. It still could be optimised more, but they've done a better job the second time around.

The game sounds a lot better to - they've beefed up all the gun sounds as well as the ''Maximum _____" guy who sounds really good now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Warhead does look better - they've redone the lighting engine and are doing a lot more on particles. It does scale down better as well and overall runs better than Crysis (while still looking better!). I'm still going to wait for a CCC mod to come out though as using the Crysis one on Warhead creates a ton of artifacts on screen. It still could be optimised more, but they've done a better job the second time around.

The game sounds a lot better to - they've beefed up all the gun sounds as well as the ''Maximum _____" guy who sounds really good now!

Nice! Playing it soon then smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sharks?! They have added sharks that eat you if you go too far out to sea! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Sharks?! They have added sharks that eat you if you go too far out to sea! biggrin

Really?
    And can´t you use the superstrenght against them? tongue biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Just finished it now, and I enjoyed it a lot more than Crysis. There's not really much open-ended gameplay in this one, but there's a lot more focused fighting and things that go boom. Story is more engaging - it's essentially a big chase though the jungle. One thing I did notice though - not a single boat in the game? I'm not fussed as what you get instead is a huge APC chase, an underground mine, a hovercraft chase over a huge tundra, lots of frozen jungle fighting, and a wicked fight on top of a train. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Just finished it now, and I enjoyed it a lot more than Crysis. There's not really much open-ended gameplay in this one, but there's a lot more focused fighting and things that go boom. Story is more engaging - it's essentially a big chase though the jungle. One thing I did notice though - not a single boat in the game? I'm not fussed as what you get instead is a huge APC chase, an underground mine, a hovercraft chase over a huge tundra, lots of frozen jungle fighting, and a wicked fight on top of a train. punk

"APC chase"?, "underground mine"?, "hovercraft chase"? "huge tundra"? "wicked fight on top of a train"? ->> CAN´T WAIT! punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Plus there's tons of wicked cutscenes. It's the game equivalent of a big summer action movie. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh, and that's not mentioning the frozen aircraft carrier!!
  2. No spoiling Anthony... crazy I want to be blown away just like you!!!!!

Big summer action movie... mmm... sounds like my cup of tea!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Have been stuck in Middle-Earth for some time now. I forced my computer to deal with as much optical details as possible, and she chokes a lot (and yeah, I´m sure she´s a she; that would explain a lot). It´s still playable that way, and I really wanted the beauty of it all. The Shire is simply breathtaking. Bree is great. The quests are way more fun than in WoW, challenging in a much more tactical way. The music is nice and very atmospheric. The artisan system is actually quite useful compared to its WoW counterpart.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    No spoiling Anthony... crazy I want to be blown away just like you!!!!!

Mate, it's Crysis...you will. wink
  4. Anthony wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    No spoiling Anthony... crazy I want to be blown away just like you!!!!!

Mate, it's Crysis...you will. wink

Touché !!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    Me.wants.GTAIV.on.PC.Rest.I.Don't.Care
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. I haven't even completed it on the Sonybox, but I just bought myself a shiny new 22 inch monitor. I'm sure it would look sweet on it. But would it run as well, that's the question?
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    I haven't even completed it on the Sonybox, but I just bought myself a shiny new 22 inch monitor. I'm sure it would look sweet on it. But would it run as well, that's the question?

you fuck, that's what you were doing in Mediamarkt biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Me.wants.GTAIV.on.PC.Rest.I.Don't.Care

1. Never before has D's Stewie avatar been so appropriate. cheesy wink
    2. Only two months to go!
    3. Judging from the screenshots here, it does look a LOT better than the console versions (no horrible fuzzy distant objects!)
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I haven't even completed it on the Sonybox, but I just bought myself a shiny new 22 inch monitor. I'm sure it would look sweet on it. But would it run as well, that's the question?

you fuck, that's what you were doing in Mediamarkt biggrin

Hey you, yeah that's one of the things I bought, and The Mist on blu-ray and Crysis Warhead, among other things. Woohaaaah!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008 edited
    Of course it'll be better than the consoles mate, no matter how pro i am to playstations in general 'cause they don't need constant upgrading and spending money on, still nothing matches a good high-end pc with a kick ass monitor and graphics card. I know, way more expensive but still.....

As for the screenshots, i personally don't give much weight to 'cause there's this thing called photoshop and i've seen lots of difference usually between the screens and actual game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    Just started Crysis: Warhead. Let´s shoot everything! punk
  8. I'm waiting to go ahead with Warhead, just started something of lesser quality on the PC: Alone in the Dark, wow, brilliantly cinematic but a little awkward controls. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and I've been told it's the least annoying way to play this game. The game does look extremely nice though, the fire effects and destructive environments look the business... The first chapter is a good tutorial but I can see this game becoming frustrating later on. Let's just hope it doesn't!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008 edited
    Got myself Mega Man 9 on the Wii. Omg, it's so retro I nearly soiled myself. It looks just like games did on the NES 15 years ago. Love it! (but it kicks my ass)
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Just started Crysis: Warhead. Let´s shoot everything! punk

biggrin

Have you found Scrat?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    For anyone that wants a good config file for Crysis or Warhead, I recommend this one. Just place it in your main Crysis or Warhead directory (overwrite if necessary), then load the game, pick your screen resolution and AA settings, and you're ready to go with a nice performance boost! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    For anyone that wants a good config file for Crysis or Warhead, I recommend this one. Just place it in your main Crysis or Warhead directory (overwrite if necessary), then load the game, pick your screen resolution and AA settings, and you're ready to go with a nice performance boost! smile

You mean place it in the Bin32 folder? Or the directory where Warhead is installed itself?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anything like that for FSX?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's SATURDAY NIGHT, fer cripes sake go out and play with the girls! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    It's SATURDAY NIGHT, fer cripes sake go out and play with the girls! rolleyes

I am afraid there's not going out for me these days. There's the conference coming up on Monday / Tuesday and i have a lot of theory to prepare, i am just taking my brake now. And before that, there was the conducting and evaluating of the pshychoacoustics' experiments upon which my bachelor thesis and the material for the conference are based so i guess lots of work but thankfully not complete lack of play due to the indoors restriction; rather lots of indoor play i'd say heh.