• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    For anyone that wants a good config file for Crysis or Warhead, I recommend this one. Just place it in your main Crysis or Warhead directory (overwrite if necessary), then load the game, pick your screen resolution and AA settings, and you're ready to go with a nice performance boost! smile

You mean place it in the Bin32 folder? Or the directory where Warhead is installed itself?

The main one (so just Program Files/EA/Crytek/Crysis Warhead for example.

Timmer wrote
    It's SATURDAY NIGHT, fer cripes sake go out and play with the girls! rolleyes

No, I have low self esteem. cry

Wait a minute, what are you doing here? tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    It's SATURDAY NIGHT, fer cripes sake go out and play with the girls! rolleyes

I am afraid there's not going out for me these days. There's the conference coming up on Monday / Tuesday and i have a lot of theory to prepare, i am just taking my brake now. And before that, there was the conducting and evaluating of the pshychoacoustics' experiments upon which my bachelor thesis and the material for the conference are based so i guess lots of work but thankfully not complete lack of play due to the indoors restriction; rather lots of indoor play i'd say heh.

All power to yer elbow D beer smile

My comment is aimed at people who have no reason not to go out. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008 edited
    It rather was a post for the Saturday thread i suppose!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    For anyone that wants a good config file for Crysis or Warhead, I recommend this one. Just place it in your main Crysis or Warhead directory (overwrite if necessary), then load the game, pick your screen resolution and AA settings, and you're ready to go with a nice performance boost! smile

You mean place it in the Bin32 folder? Or the directory where Warhead is installed itself?

The main one (so just Program Files/EA/Crytek/Crysis Warhead for example.

Thx! smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I play trumpet on Saturday evening. But now we're off for a small rund of drinks.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Did you just say you blow your own horn on Saturday evening? shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2008 edited
    I play my Fiddle. angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2008
    This is seriously disturbing you know.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nasty! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    I play my Fiddle. angelic

While your house burns around you? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    My kids really enjoy playing games on the PC. I have to say when they really need to stop, which is after about an hour (kind of long, but I know time flies when you're on the PC!)

What Julian played a lot a while ago was Garden Defence and Quinn played 102 Dalmations.

Last week we got some new games from the library and these games are great. Quinn got some pet game so she can take care of a cat or dog or something and make sure he's got enough energy, love, sleep, playtime etc.

Julian now has this awesome game called Crazy Machines. I really like it a lot! It's great for him cause he's always interested in how things work technically and now he can create constructions himself in this game. It's a lot of fun and very educational.

I never play any games...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    For anyone interested: it's Crazy Machines - New Challenges and there are plenty of demos on YouTube for instance.

It's great for kids as well as adults!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregje wrote
    For anyone interested: it's Crazy Machines - New Challenges and there are plenty of demos on YouTube for instance.

It's great for kids as well as adults!

Nah, you should be buying them things like FEAR, Half-Life 2 and Crysis. Lots more fun. wink

(And FSX).
  1. Fear, Half-Life for KIDS? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Fear, Half-Life for KIDS? biggrin

Yes?
  2. Well it'll do at least one positive thing: improve the hand - eye coordination, for later use in life. smile

Then again, they could turn out to become cold blooded killers with excellent marksman skills. sad

No seriously these games are 16+ and should never be allowed to be given to underaged people.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DreamTheater wrote
    No seriously these games are 16+ and should never be allowed to be given to underaged people.

Rubbish! Ok, it does make sense. What annoys me though is how they accuse GTA of causing people to go out and shoot others, or to steal cars or whatever. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Rubbish! Ok, it does make sense. What annoys me though is how they accuse GTA of causing people to go out and shoot others, or to steal cars or whatever. rolleyes

Well that´s an old argument. When I was a child they accused "Dragon Ball" or "Saint Seya" (two of the most watched anime shows of our childhood and the ones we grew up with) of being too violent, trying to ban those shows from TV (fortunately they didn´t achieve it). History repeats itself, only that the platform has changed since those days: from TV to videogames. They won´t achieve anything......again.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    How's Warhead coming along, Marselus? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

kill kill kill

You know what I mean, don´t you? wink biggrin punk

And with the EN8800GT I can play at full!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

with the EN8800GT I can play at full!

shocked

Really? I've got 2x 8800GT's, 2GB ram an a dual core 6.4GHz processor. I'm running most things on Gamer tbh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    you mean 2 x 3.2ghz ? It doesn't exactly add up you know wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

shocked

Really? I've got 2x 8800GT's, 2GB ram an a dual core 6.4GHz processor. I'm running most things on Gamer tbh.

A bit slow when there´s smoke effect, but overall I can play it really fine. Anyway I´m afraid that if there are snow levels further in the game I´ll have to decrease the settings.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

shocked

A bit slow when there´s smoke effect, but overall I can play it really fine. Anyway I´m afraid that if there are snow levels further in the game I´ll have to decrease the settings.

If anything the snow levels run a ton better than the normal ones. No foliage needs to move, no water physics are required and everything that can smash can simply disintegrate into nothing. wink
  3. Solitaire biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Solitaire biggrin

You must have one hell of a rig to run that, shocked cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Recently I have been playing GRID a lot on the PS3. GRID is a cool race game. Yesterday evening before going to bed I played Soul Calibur IV for one hour or so. Also like MGS4 and Warhawk. Warhawk has often updates, and each time there is some nice new Poledouris' type of music, after each update.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I know Lennertz scored the original game. Are you sure they keep adding new music or just keep switching it around?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008
    Talos wrote
    Recently I have been playing GRID a lot on the PS3. GRID is a cool race game. Yesterday evening before going to bed I played Soul Calibur IV for one hour or so. Also like MGS4 and Warhawk. Warhawk has often updates, and each time there is some nice new Poledouris' type of music, after each update.

GRID is possibly the most slick-looking, deadly realistic racer i've ever seen and played. Currently enjoying it on my pc too although i am waiting for the new need for speed which will most probably be (as being reported so far) the biggest ever installment in the series and a big, straight back to the roots turn for the company who have seem to have completely lost it back then with the crappy PRO STREET. Can't wait. And for GTA IV as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Well that´s an old argument. When I was a child they accused "Dragon Ball" or "Saint Seya" (two of the most watched anime shows of our childhood and the ones we grew up with) of being too violent, trying to ban those shows from TV (fortunately they didn´t achieve it). History repeats itself, only that the platform has changed since those days: from TV to videogames. They won´t achieve anything......again.

There has been quite some research on the effects of these games (and certain TV shows). Of course a game can't be responsible for someone's actions, but it's all about influence. If kids play these games it would be good if someone talked with them about weapons and violence for instance.

It's not that a game can make someone do something, but it can create ideas of what is normal and what is not and some of those ideas are very wrong. If there is no moral education, then these games can cause problems. Especially with young children, who cannot make their minds up yet like we can.