• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    HeeroJF wrote
    Here's a tapestry of my favourite games:

http://www.musicalotaku.com/cgi-musical … app=bgames

Gha, it's been ages since I had a good gaming session... I'm going through gaming-withdrawal.

Ah, and on a side-note: I have select scores that match some of the games in my collection: whenever I play "Mystery of the Abbey" I play The Name of the Rose, whenever I play "Army of Darkness - The Board Game" I play the matching score, of course, whenever I play "Seafarers of Catan" or "Anno 1503" I play Pirates of the Caribbean, whenever I play "Caylus" I play Flesh + Blood, whenever I play "Taj Mahal" I play City of Joy, whenever I play any of many train-related games I play Silver Streak... Fun! spin

I'm not familiar with a single one of them.

The only board game I play regularly is Scrabble. Occasionally Chess and Risk.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    lol, understandable. That's why I specified "European" board games. They're of a different breed than the American stuff, altogether. American games fall in one of three categories: abstract (such as Scrabble and Chess that have no concrete setting), wargame (such as Risk), and inane licenced game based on the current pop culture hit (such as "American Idol - The Home Game").

But European games are usually based on resource-management. Remember Simcity or Civilizations on the PC? European games are kinda like that. It's an addiction, I tell ya. But they're sadly not a widespread phenomenon, as you can tell from your not having heard of them. American games you can expect to pick up anywhere like Wallmart or Toy 'R Us. European games however, need to be hunted at specialized outlets. Places like hobbie stores. Where you could buy RPG manuals, you could probably expect to find some Euro-games, too.

Oh, and you can also play some of these online, apparently. Haven't tried myself, but I know "Catan" and "Puerto Rico" can definitely be played online.
    J-F
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  1. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thanks to my brother beer , I'm now the proud owner of the Playstation 3 (80 G) with dual shock 3

For now, on my solo list is Pro Evolution 8, I want to kick ass to however dare challenge my team

but, waiting anxiously to play Uncharted and Heanvely Sword amongst others smile

Tell me bro, is this your first post in the "gaming" topic? If so we better celebrate beer punk spin wave

Have fun with your Sonybox. See ya later.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    Is that new Crysis thingy a standalone game or should i have the first one in order to play this (add-on, expansion and such stuff, i.e.)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is that new Crysis thingy a standalone game or should i have the first one in order to play this (add-on, expansion and such stuff, i.e.)

It's standalone, but the story won't make much sense if you haven't played the first one. Get both. They are well worth the experience!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't care much about the story, i just want to blow things up and be awed by the graphics!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't care much about the story, i just want to blow things up and be awed by the graphics!

Why do we all love blowing things up!??

As a kid, come November 5th ( firework night in UK ) I'd gather all the model aircraft kits I'd built that year and systematically blow them up with fireworks devil
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cause if you don't, you're female biggrin shame biggrin shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Cause if you don't, you're female biggrin shame biggrin shame

I'll leave the reply in the capable hands of Bregje and Stavi .....
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thanks to my brother beer , I'm now the proud owner of the Playstation 3 (80 G) with dual shock 3

For now, on my solo list is Pro Evolution 8, I want to kick ass to however dare challenge my team

but, waiting anxiously to play Uncharted and Heanvely Sword amongst others smile

Tell me bro, is this your first post in the "gaming" topic? If so we better celebrate beer punk spin wave

Have fun with your Sonybox. See ya later.

I think it is?!!!!
    Woohoo, now I'm a game nerd too wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote

I think it is?!!!!

You wish! You'll have to work hard to get nerd status... If you know the answers to all these questions you can call yourself one...

1. What is Larry's full name in the Leisure Suit Larry adventure games from Sierra?
    2. Who was / is the head honcho of Bullfrog / Lionhead Studios?
    3. Give the names of at least 5 Indiana Jones videogames.
    4. What are the names of the famous dog and rabbit detective duo? (EASY)
    5. How many test chambers are there in the game Portal?
    6. Who plays Tanya in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2?
    7. Who is the legendary lead designer of most Star Wars space combat games (X-Wing, Tie Fighter, etc.)?
    8. What is the full name of Sonic's orange companion?
    9. What are the Thief games about (genre description)?
    10. How many levels are there in the shareware version of Doom?

Good luck!! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I think it is?!!!!

You wish! You'll have to work hard to get nerd status... If you know the answers to all these questions you can call yourself one...

1. What is Larry's full name in the Leisure Suit Larry adventure games from Sierra?
    7. Who is the legendary lead designer of most Star Wars space combat games (X-Wing, Tie Fighter, etc.)?

Good luck!! cheesy

you fuck, I can't answer any one of them, thanks to you I'm not a nerd angry

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I think it is?!!!!

Good luck!! cheesy

Darn it!
    I'm not a nerd. beer
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I think it is?!!!!

Good luck!! cheesy

you fuck, I can't answer any one of them, thanks to you I'm not a nerd angry

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

lol

Told you so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008 edited
    DreamTheater wrote

Good luck!! cheesy

1. Larry Laffer
    3. I.J. and the Fate of Atlantis. Sorry that's the best I can do.
    4. Er, you don't mean Hong Kong Foey, do you? That was a dog and, what, badger?
    [EDIT: Oh wait, this was about video games right? Couldn't be that, then]
    5. That question is a lie, and so is the cake.
    6. I do.
    7. I am.
    8. Tails Verata Nik*coughcough*
    9. They're about stealing used N64 cartridges from the GameStop store.
    10. Weren't there three missions with 6 levels each?

That is the best I can do, in all my snarkiness. I'm afraid you out-nerd me. I bow to you. Then again I probably could come up with my equally obscure set of geeky questions!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  6. 1. Larry Laffer.
    2. Peter Molyneux?
    3. Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, Fate of Atlantis, there was also a recent one.
    4. Sam and Max
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    This thread turned funny! Thanks for the laughs guys biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I do know 8. is Miles "Tails" Prower, 'cause it was written in the manual of the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Game Gear version, which was one of my favourite games (and one of the toughest IMO) in childhood, which I've now got on my cellphone! biggrin

The first boss is one of the toughest I ever encountered in the Sonic games!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    3. Add LEGO Indiana Jones to the list.
    5. I think 13 if, I'm not mistaking. But the cake is a lie!
    9. Stealth
    10. I believe the first chapter was free in the shareware version, so six; maybe seven with a bonus level?
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    3) my brother played that on the ps2, quite fun
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008 edited
    HeeroJF wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Good luck!! cheesy

1. Larry Laffer
    3. I.J. and the Fate of Atlantis. Sorry that's the best I can do.
    4. Er, you don't mean Hong Kong Foey, do you? That was a dog and, what, badger?
    [EDIT: Oh wait, this was about video games right? Couldn't be that, then]
    5. That question is a lie, and so is the cake.
    6. I do.
    7. I am.
    8. Tails Verata Nik*coughcough*
    9. They're about stealing used N64 cartridges from the GameStop store.
    10. Weren't there three missions with 6 levels each?

That is the best I can do, in all my snarkiness. I'm afraid you out-nerd me. I bow to you. Then again I probably could come up with my equally obscure set of geeky questions!

Haha nice try... biggrin You got only 1 question right: it is Larry Laffer.
    I'll let some more people come up with some creative answers, I'll give the solutions later: I'll show you what a NERD I really am...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I know what game I'm buying next. cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    D, what do you think of Crysis then? Have you just played Warhead or the original too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Warhead, first level. Quite breathtaking but i gotta tweak the graphics to work my way first wink thanks for the pm, working on it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Try the first one Demetis, 2/3 of the game is pretty amazing: the action, the plot (really mysterious), the mood (very Lost / Predator-eque). Too bad it gets worse by the end, but pretty enjoyable.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I found the plot in the second one a whole lot more interesting, although I must admit, without prior knowledge of why stuff is happening (that you learn in the first) it's not going to make a whole lot of sense at points.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Btw D, when playing Warhead, look out for the hidden frogs (and Scrat from Ice Age!). Pick them up and throw them and they explode. wink
  7. Does Scrat explode too? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008
    No, he's frozen in the ice. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008
    I installed Max Payne again today, after all the talk about it in the Beltrami topic. Had some troubles getting the sound to work under Vista, but found a fix in the end. Man, I almost forgot how much this game rocked.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...