• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008
    Ha, find all the frogs in Warhead and it changes the ending cutscene. biggrin
  1. Rian wrote
    I installed Max Payne again today, after all the talk about it in the Beltrami topic. Had some troubles getting the sound to work under Vista, but found a fix in the end. Man, I almost forgot how much this game rocked.

Best thing for me is the emotional story and original way it's expressed to the player in the form of a graphic novel. Cutscenes wouldn't have had half of the impact the static images do. I've always liked revenge stories and Max Payne's is one of the best. The pay-off is VERY satisfying.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008
    To answer an earlier question... yes, for so far I can hear they add new Warhawk music after each update, especially the latest update featured some nice Poledouris style stuff.

p.s. I ordered LittleBigPlanet (PS3 only) at my local gamestore, that game looks amazing and should be very fun/creative. You can make your own world, and then play the levels you made yourself, you can even upload the levels for everybody online.

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  2. Rian wrote
    I installed Max Payne again today, after all the talk about it in the Beltrami topic. Had some troubles getting the sound to work under Vista, but found a fix in the end. Man, I almost forgot how much this game rocked.

How to make the sound work?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Isn't there a compatibility setting like in XP?

This is one of the reasons Vista will never find its way on my rig.

Never say never though...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    This is one of the reasons Vista will never find its way on my rig.

Ditto. Althought eventually it will have to. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Rian wrote

How to make the sound work?

1/ Download http://shotgun1.shackspace.com/files/Ma … nd_Fix.zip
    2/ Unzip in C:\Program Files\Max Payne\ directory
    3/ Run the batch file (in administrator mode, or with UAC disabled in order to have permissions)
    4/ Play game!

Remember to also update the game to patch 1.05 first!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  4. Alone in the Dark on PC

Well this could have been disastrous but its not. Granted, the controls are awkward and more than once I found myself looking at the Game over screen because of them, but the story is surprisingly engaging and some of the levels are truly well done. Like the whole opening sequence situated in a collapsing building, and stuff getting destroyed around you. The game is also full of neat ideas that I haven't seen or done as well in other games. Such as combining items in your inventory to create molotov cocktails, healing yourself with a can of spray you keep in your pocket, and using fire to get through certain puzzles (when something flammable is blocking your path). You can also use various items scattered on the ground to use against the enemies, but I've discovered this is useful against the earlier enemies but not against the harder, where I just use my trusted sidearm and flaming bullets (?). That's right, use fire on them in order to get rid of them permanently.

I'm playing with a Xbox 360 controller and it's actually quite playable, where I guess playing with mouse/keyboard is just frustrating because of all the key combinations. I'm nearing the end and I found it a lot more enjoyable, control issues aside, than expected, with the game getting so mediocre reviews. Oh and the game is absolutely gorgeous to look at and has tons of variety in settings and gameplay.

The score fits the game like a glove, that's why I'm now getting into the music more as opposed to before, now I can put the music in context with what's happening on screen. It's like in the movies, in order to appreciate the music on its own you need to hear it in the movie.

My rating: 7/10
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008
    Warhead going well D? Have you found a good configuration to play on?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    call of duty 5: world at war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB9ApSJ9nJo

Do we know who's doing the score?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

This is actually Call of Duty: World at War, not Call of Duty 5:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callo … pten;all;8

I don´t know who´s scoring it, but we´ll now soon, it is released Nov 11, 2008 punk

Thank god they´ve come back yo World War 2. I was a bit disappointed by Call of Duty 4 being set in the present.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

This is actually Call of Duty: World at War, not Call of Duty 5:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callo … pten;all;8

I don´t know who´s scoring it, but we´ll now soon, it is released Nov 11, 2008 punk

Thank god they´ve come back yo World War 2. I was a bit disappointed by Call of Duty 4 being set in the present.

With ya there 100% pal beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If it's Giacchino, i already fainted.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008 edited
    Well according to a guy in youtube, "the call of Duty series is made by 2 different teams, they switch off every title. That´s why they can make them without too long of a delay. Call of Duty: World at War is by the makers of COD 1 and COD 3".

So, the first was Giacchino´s and the third was Goldsmith´s. Somebody wants to bet? wink
  5. Unlikely it'll be Giacchino, he is too busy crafting Star Trek to perfection.

I'll faint even harder than D if it is him though...
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Marselus wrote
    Well according to a guy in youtube, "the call of Duty series is made by 2 different teams, they switch off every title. That´s why they can make them without too long of a delay. Call of Duty: World at War is by the makers of COD 1 and COD 3".

So, the first was Giacchino´s and the third was Goldsmith´s. Somebody wants to bet? wink

Please please please... shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Y
    DreamTheater wrote
    Unlikely it'll be Giacchino, he is too busy crafting Star Trek to perfection.

Yeah, the game is released in less than a month; so if Giacchino had scored it we would already know. I won´t complain if Joel Goldsmith is scoring again a COD game though.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    And QOS Nov 4th?
    2 great games so close...

I'd like to have Goldsmith if it isn't Giacchino. Wonder why they have not released it yet...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    omaha wrote
    And QOS Nov 4th?
    2 great games so close...

And two great scores wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I bought Burnout Paradise for 30 euros last weekend. All in all a very enjoyable game. smile
  6. You'll have some catching up to do Rian, there's about 40-50 hrs playing time getting all licenses and hidden stuff, and Criterion released an update in the meantime that includes riding bikes with new challenges available.

It's a great game, I agree. The sensation of speed is totally wicked!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2008
    Oh, no worries, already have half of the cars and my A license. The game says 46%, so almost there! :D
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    If it's Giacchino, i already fainted.

I always forget that he did the first few...

But have you noticed the quality of composer seems to get worse and worse?

Giacchino
    Revell
    Goldsmith
    Barton

Anyway, FAR CRY 2 is out this week, and despite all the bad looking videos I've seen of it, it's actually meant to be very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Rian wrote
    Oh, no worries, already have half of the cars and my A license. The game says 46%, so almost there! :D

I doubt it, the final license is a bitch to complete and takes ages, plus I can never get all those gates or billboards, so I'm stuck at 97 %

Anthony wrote
    Anyway, FAR CRY 2 is out this week, and despite all the bad looking videos I've seen of it, it's actually meant to be very good.

Bad looking videos confused crazy

What drug have you been taking Anthony?

Far Cry 2 will kick serious ass for sure...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DreamTheater wrote
    Bad looking videos confused crazy

What drug have you been taking Anthony?

Far Cry 2 will kick serious ass for sure...

A lot of the gameplay videos they have released looked really bad. The overall handling and gun play looked so standard. I watched a video review on GameSpot today though and it looks like it's been improved BIG TIME.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Maybe we need an "Here's my Xbox360, PS3 or Wii unique gamertag/code/number" thread.

Rian wrote

I doubt it, the final license is a bitch to complete and takes ages, plus I can never get all those gates or billboards, so I'm stuck at 97 %

Myea, think i'll never get them all either. But maybe the bikes thingy will extend the gameplay somewhat further. First i need to get all cars smile
  7. finished playing God of War on PS2: Good game, liked the graphics, look, enemies and puzzles.
    I'm hoping God of War 2 is as good smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Day and night cycles? shocked

*wants Far Cry 2*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    finished playing God of War on PS2: Good game, liked the graphics, look, enemies and puzzles.
    I'm hoping God of War 2 is as good smile

Now that took you a long time to play huh! And me nagging for months on end about how great it is!

God of War 2 is just as good and looks even better.

Anthony wrote
    Day and night cycles? shocked

*wants Far Cry 2*

and interactive weather system!

It'll be just like walking there for real, minus the insects and diseases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008
    Bought a few days ago Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition for the PS3. Although its already one year old, its such a fantastic RPG. I am hooked! Help! Next week LittleBigPlanet!

My small collection so far with some comments (all PS3)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (my score 9 out of 10)
    (superb game, looks fantastic, finished it, sold it later on to buy another game)

Assassin's Creed (5 out of 10)
    (for me it was dissappointing this game, I found it buring and repetitive... so sold it, bought it second hand though)

Warhawk (9 out of 10)
    (great game, this one is a keeper, play it often... online mode only this game)

Motorstorm (8 out of 10)
    (bought it second hand, its a keeper too, mostly because of the fantastic looking environments and cars etc)
    GRID (nice race game, but I don't play it often. It sucks if people bumb into you online, making you wreck the car)

Soul Calibur IV (8 out of 10)
    (great looking fighting game, love to make some nice looking fighting chicks with the create character function, I made Red Sonja a while ago)

Everybody's Golf (8 out of 10)
    (play it occassionally online, nice golf game)

The Orange Box Half-Life 2 (7 out of 10)
    (played it for a while, but sold it quite quickly... I bought it mainly for the Team Fortress game... but prefered Warhawk)

Metal Gear Solid IV (10 out of 10)
    (superb game, love the sneaking aspect, very likeable character: Snake) I don't like the guy screaming, Snake... Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake! When you die... make me always quickly press the buttons in annoyance to start over... haha.

Oblivion (10 out of 10)
    Its very playable and addictive, not the best looking game though, but the playability is very good, and the world is HUGE! Just strolling around, and try to finish some quests. Its fun.

Any comments?
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates