• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hot damn! And I thought I was an obsessed gamer! I nearly threw the controller at the screen and gave up, it was during a driving mission, frustrating as hell!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009
    PINBALL

OMG! i am crazy about this game. WOW! beer
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    I just beat that table tennis champion bitch in Wii Sports Resort, after a zillion times trying. Will uncork some champagne.
  2. just finished Theme Hospital, man it remains a fun game smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    just finished Theme Hospital, man it remains a fun game smile

That game is CLASSIC. PURE CLASSIC!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    just finished Theme Hospital, man it remains a fun game smile

That game is CLASSIC. PURE CLASSIC!

yeah, who needs visuals when you have charm! And Bloaty Heads wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

*poof* ! biggrin

I'm hooked on 3 games at the moment: DIRT 2 (on xbox360), Modern Warfare 2 (on pc), and afters years still Audiosurf (yes, still).
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    I remember Theme Hospital! Bloaty heads lol

Enjoyed Modern Warfare 2, but it didn't seem to last very long (story mode).

Now addicted to Lego Indiana Jones 2, which was predictable. Also got Forza 3 over the weekend which is fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Rian wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

*poof* ! biggrin

I'm hooked on 3 games at the moment: DIRT 2 (on xbox360), Modern Warfare 2 (on pc), and afters years still Audiosurf (yes, still).

When is that DIRT 2 thingy coming onto the pc?

Car racing games are the only ones i stick to more than one level (which is the case with everything else, even MODERN WARFARE 2 which bored me after the initial level).
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    Demon's Souls... on PS3 only. An action RPG in a medieval (of course) setting.

What an addicting game, it brings back the memories of games in the past. In the 'old' days, when your character died, you had to start over the level again. And by trial and error one could complete the level. Which gave an very satisfying feeling... I have been playing games since the early 80's (Videopac, Vic20, C64, Amiga, PC), I am 36, and I might say that I have played games... a lot. This game has it all, a really cool looking character, superb weapons and armor, great looking fight techniques and great world design. Above all, its highly addictive, because you will be pissed off, and angry at yourself that you made that one little mistake, that made you die... so.... you will want to try it again! To prove it to yourself that you can do it... and after several tries you can do better, it will make you feel great. And that is the success formula of this game. Because the stakes are so high, since when you die, you loose your souls (mana) and you have to start again. So you better take care and try your utmost best not to die, and when you make it, oh boy its feel like a real accomplishment.

I truly believe that if the game didn't punish you so harshly, it would loose some of its appeal, the addicting part... the part that will make you feel so satisfied... like "I did it, yeah!" This game might not be for everyone, but if you can understand the feeling I described above, and can appreciate that kind of gameplay... this game is a must buy!

Pros: Highly addictive
    Nice world design
    Great graphics
    Cool sounds

Cons: The game score is not so good.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Rian wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

*poof* ! biggrin

Car racing games are the only ones i stick to more than one level (which is the case with everything else, even MODERN WARFARE 2 which bored me after the initial level).

Well you must miss a lot of good games then, because initial levels are supposed to be boring: simplified tutorial missions that prepare you for the real action later on.

Case in point: Killzone 2, the game only ramps up after the first level and improves gradually until it becomes the best goddamn FPS on console. It's singleplayer is second to none, and the multiplayer continues to impress. I'm not ashamed to say I've become quite good at it. And it's a graphic marvel too.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Talos wrote

What an addicting game, it brings back the memories of games in the past. In the 'old' days, when your character died, you had to start over the level again. And by trial and error one could complete the level. Which gave an very satisfying feeling... I have been playing games since the early 80's (Videopac, Vic20, C64, Amiga, PC), I am 36, and I might say that I have played games... a lot. This game has it all, a really cool looking character, superb weapons and armor, great looking fight techniques and great world design. Above all, its highly addictive, because you will be pissed off, and angry at yourself that you made that one little mistake, that made you die... so.... you will want to try it again! To prove it to yourself that you can do it... and after several tries you can do better, it will make you feel great. And that is the success formula of this game. Because the stakes are so high, since when you die, you loose your souls (mana) and you have to start again. So you better take care and try your utmost best not to die, and when you make it, oh boy its feel like a real accomplishment.

I truly believe that if the game didn't punish you so harshly, it would loose some of its appeal, the addicting part... the part that will make you feel so satisfied... like "I did it, yeah!" This game might not be for everyone, but if you can understand the feeling I described above, and can appreciate that kind of gameplay... this game is a must buy!

Nice world design
    Great graphics
    Cool sounds

Hey Talos, fellow old(ish) gamer. wave Been playing myself since the mid 80s (Commodore Amiga 500 is where it began). Demon's Souls looks like a great action RPG, maybe I'll give it a go. After Oblivion, and becoming bored with it I may need something else. Do you know how long it is?

I'm going through Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on PS3, but man it's too easy on normal difficulty. Seriously the first game on Xbox has received legendary status because of the insane difficulty, even on standard level. I can see the makers trying to make it accessible for everyone, but this is just wrong. I should've played on a harder difficulty level, also the levels and boss encounters seem so uninspired. I find it mildly entertaining but not the kickass actioner I was expecting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Rian wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

*poof* ! biggrin

Well you must miss a lot of good games then, because initial levels are supposed to be boring: simplified tutorial missions that prepare you for the real action later on.

Case in point: Killzone 2, the game only ramps up after the first level and improves gradually until it becomes the best goddamn FPS on console. It's singleplayer is second to none, and the multiplayer continues to impress. I'm not ashamed to say I've become quite good at it. And it's a graphic marvel too.

I know i know, but i am a sucker for cars, i only play car games and the simulator, nothing else seems to hold my interest for more than half an hour.
  6. Well okay, then you're a sim freak. Nothing wrong with that. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Talos wrote

Nice world design
    Great graphics
    Cool sounds

Hey Talos, fellow old(ish) gamer. wave Been playing myself since the mid 80s (Commodore Amiga 500 is where it began). Demon's Souls looks like a great action RPG, maybe I'll give it a go. After Oblivion, and becoming bored with it I may need something else. Do you know how long it is?

I'm going through Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on PS3, but man it's too easy on normal difficulty. Seriously the first game on Xbox has received legendary status because of the insane difficulty, even on standard level. I can see the makers trying to make it accessible for everyone, but this is just wrong. I should've played on a harder difficulty level, also the levels and boss encounters seem so uninspired. I find it mildly entertaining but not the kickass actioner I was expecting.

Ha! Then Demon's Souls is for you, because its much more difficult than the first Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Its a brutal unforgiving game, that want to hurt you, seriously. So much the better, because this will push you to try again and again to beat it! Its a fair game, meaning that there are no lame tricks from the AI to kill you. Its purely skill based, no button smashing here. (impossible, because after two swings you stamina has to recover) So its attack, dodge, roll, run, heal, attack etc etc. In order words play smart and safe, just pretend its really you, and not same character that can respawn and respawn ad nauseum at the same point you died. When you die in this game, you have to start the whole level over again. Strange as it sounds, makes this game addicting, because you basically have to play perfectly (without dying) to complete a level. So its perfection based. It pushes you to become better, which is great. Its no game for lamers or casual players... so this game is for you. Old skooler!

Here is a quote from some guy who played Ninja Gaiden (I didn't):

"Demon's Souls is easily the most satisfying PS3 game I have ever played. Yet I know that many will never get over that initial hump, and they'll end up selling the game for store credit to buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma used. Tecmo gives you save points every ten meters and super powerful ninja magic to clear rooms full of enemies if you get stressed. Demon's Souls gives you an ultimatum; get good, or die."

Yeah! Get good, or DIE!!!

Here is a nice review I agree with:

"Pretty games with intriguing stories are a dime a dozen these days, so what makes Demon's Souls stand out in the overcrowded 2009 holiday season? In this RPG, gameplay is EVERYTHING. A word of warning before I get into it - Demon's Souls is possibly the most difficult game to come out in the past five years, maybe longer. This game is simply not for the weak of heart. Even the most routine of battles will push you to your limit, and you are going to die hundreds of times before you finish the game… if you finish the game at all. That's right - you may never finish Demon's Souls. It's just that difficult. To understand why this game can reduce even the most jaded of players (myself included) to controller-hurling, teary-eyed rage-aholics, you need to have a little background on how the game is played.

Your goal in Demon's Souls is to clear out various locales in Boletaria while collecting the souls of fallen enemies, which can, in turn, be used as currency for purchasing new weapons, repairing old ones and upgrading your characters stats. You'll need to do all three if you expect to battle through to the game's bosses, all of which are brutally powerful and remorseless about killing you. Over and over. Here's where it gets tough; if you die, you lose ALL the souls you have acquired, all the enemies you've bested respawn and restoring yourself to the world of the living requires either beating a boss or using one very hard to find and extremely valuable item. See, after you die, you can continue adventuring in spirit form, where you have less HP and slightly more powerful attacks, but your goal becomes regaining your body - another headache to add to the already substantial list of tasks before you. And dying is always a very real possibility; even the lowliest of enemies can kill you with only one or two hits. Even worse, if you keep dying, your enemies actually grow stronger and get more deadly. Yikes.

When it's written out like this, Demon's Souls doesn't sound like much fun. Losing tons of hard fought progress with a single miscalculation? Screw that! Trust me, though; it is fun. I found myself compulsively trying and trying and trying again to best the game's first real level, with repeated deaths only making my will to win stronger. In most games, losing 45 minutes of progress to one sword swing would drive me to quit altogether, but this game refuses to be shaken, making your eventual triumph even sweeter. The enemies aren't cheap, and dying never feels like an occurrence you couldn't have avoided. It is hard to explain, but the game's challenge never feels unfair; more like a stern master that forces you to get better, come hell or high water. And you will get better. The enemies around the next corner will always be a little stronger, and when you finally do manage to take them out, you'll feel like your truly accomplished something. The thrill of victory is almost tangible and I can't think of any game I've played recently that I felt so damn good about beating.

Though not really integral to the gameplay, Demon's Souls online "play" is innovative, original and totally unlike anything you've ever seen before. Instead of the lame deathmatches that permeate every other game out there (whether or not they make any sense doesn't seem to matter to developers these days), the online here is actually helpful in the single player game. While playing through the adventure, you can see "ghosts" of other players scattered everywhere, running by before evaporating into thin air. These are wireframe representations of other online players adventuring through the exact single player campaign you are. You can also see how other players have died, which can save you some serious trouble in the right circumstances. Even cooler is the fact that you can actually leave messages for other players to discover. It doesn't sound like much, but it is such a cool addition that I found myself planting these little notes everywhere for others to find. Little hints, as simple as "Behind you!" or "Beware dangerous enemy ahead," can really help, and leaving them for others almost becomes a compulsion. Finally! A game with an online mode that makes sense and doesn't cheapen the single player experience is upon us! That alone puts this game above the other high profile contenders for game of the year.

An important tip: After the first boss fight, you are tasked with speaking to something called The Monumental in the game's hub world, and the scene that follows leads you to believe that The Monumental is a statue. It isn't; it's an inconspicuous and very difficult to locate character. (its a nun, with a candle in front, among a row of sitting monks)

What else can I really say? Demon's Souls can do no wrong in my eyes. It reinvigorated my love of RPGs and video games as a hobby, not just a job. Its punishing difficulty is a throwback to the brutally unforgiving games of my childhood, and the feeling of accomplishment in the face of innumerable odds is truly unlike anything I've experienced with a controller in my hands. The world of Boletaria is so stunningly realistic you feel like you are actually there, and the overwhelming sadness that permeates the land actually extended to my real life, prompting me to question if my presence at work really mattered when there were so many poor souls out there suffering under a gray fog of evil. I'm just kidding… not really. I only wish I was kidding. That really says it all - even when I wasn't playing Demon's Souls, it was constantly on my mind and beckoning me to come back and play as soon as my schedule would allow. And even when it didn't. Bottom line - if you have a PS3 and have ever even marginally enjoyed a RPG, Demon's Souls needs to be in your collection like, right this second."
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  7. Well I read the review over at Eurogamer and they give it 9/10, and they're pretty much always on the target. They say it's a very punishing, cruel experience but very rewarding if you stick with it. The more you play it the better you get.

And I don't think Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3 is even in the same league as the original Xbox version is. Now that one provides a serious challenge. Tecmo just dumbed it down for PS3.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    wow.........a treatise!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    SNAKE & LADDER

Very interesting game. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  8. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood on PC

Western-based first-person shooter about two gun-toting fugitive brothers and their younger innocent brother that is trying everything to turn the two to the side of good. Having loved the first one, I was expecting a lot. And the sequel delivers, but I don't think it's better. I miss the variety and switching back and forth between the main characters which made the story so involving. So the good points of Bound in Blood are: the great level design, the stunning graphics that make you feel you're in the far west shooting cowboys and indians. The environments are just staggeringly detailed, with dust-ridden plains, rocky cliffs, deserted towns and dangerous indian territories. The story is very well written and would translate into a hell of a kickass western movie. Seriously, the three brothers personal stories and how their characters evolve over the course of the game is very emotional and their dialogue is brilliantly delivered by the voice actors. The enemies are plenty and not all people that are on your side stay that way. There are a lot of twists and surprises waiting in the 10-hour game. The main problem I have with this sequel is the game does have a tendency to become repetitive because of all the dumbed-down shooting, unlike the first game which nicely blended a lot of gameplay styles. But it's a very good game and one of the few western bases shooters out there worth talking about.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    *awaits Red Dead Redemption*
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010
    My Xbox got the stupid red ring of death today. I'm sort of relieved as the past couple of days it's been freezing on me after being on for about 5-10 mins. At least the RROD confirms it's royally fucked and I can apply for a free repair.
  9. I am at my brother's place for about a week (except New Year's Eve which I spent at my parents' place. He's got a PS 3, so I am using it a lot (finally too).

I am playing Call of Duty: World at War, an amazing WWII game. I like the violence, where they didn't pull any stops. It makes you consider what the hell are you doing. Also they got some very cinematic ideas. In the Stalingrad mission, you're a sniper and you have to crouch when the Nazis are burning the house you are hiding in with flamethrowers (flamethrowers are also immensely used in one mission). Why didn't they use it in Enemy at the Gates (also the idea for a sniper to shoot a flamethrower soldier when he walks to chat with his pals)?

Anyway, I wonder what Spielberg's The Pacific series will end up being, because this game shows how much the Pacific Theater deserves the Saving Private Ryan treatment (most recent Pacific Theater movie has been Windtalkers anyway and that one kinda sucked).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  10. PawelStroinski wrote
    I am playing Call of Duty: World at War, an amazing WWII game. I like the violence, where they didn't pull any stops. It makes you consider what the hell are you doing. Also they got some very cinematic ideas. In the Stalingrad mission, you're a sniper and you have to crouch when the Nazis are burning the house you are hiding in with flamethrowers (flamethrowers are also immensely used in one mission). Why didn't they use it in Enemy at the Gates (also the idea for a sniper to shoot a flamethrower soldier when he walks to chat with his pals)?

the sniper mission is indeed one of the coolest missions of the game, it shows action and suspense that would have definitely suited the Enemy at the Gates film (especially to replace the stupid end)

but there are other cool missions as well, you'll love this game until the end smile
  11. And I forgot about Eastwood's Iwo Jima movies face-palm-mt

The Pacific Theater missions are more interesting to me, because I honestly didn't have much idea of the Pacific Theater anyway.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. Anthony wrote
    My Xbox got the stupid red ring of death today. I'm sort of relieved as the past couple of days it's been freezing on me after being on for about 5-10 mins. At least the RROD confirms it's royally fucked and I can apply for a free repair.

Join the club... wave Mine has already RRODed on me two times mate. I have it for 2 years, and basically the console lived for less than 1 year, then died because of overheating. M$ really screwed up when wanting to get the 360 out before the other consoles, at least we have 3 years of warranty for such a failure. I expect it to die on me a third time sometime before the summer... sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    Surely if you know it's caused by overheating you can ventilate it properly? Mine has been absolutely fine for two and a half years and then kablammo!
  13. First time around I unknowingly set it enclosed and unventilated, some 6-7 months later DEAD, then I put it somewhere upright in the open, with enough ventilation, DEAD a good year later. I'm now about halfway the third time (hopefully not). It is the worst console out there in terms of how it was built.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Did they repair or replace it do you know?
  14. It took about one week to repair it, it was sent to Germany on the two occasions, and I expect they just replace the motherboard, that's the part that gets damaged due to the heat. Luckily their repair service works better than their console. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Apparently not! wink