• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'm more of an RPG type than FPS type so...

Currently (re)playing: Baldur's Gate I + II

I still think this game (I count both games as one) as the best Bioware RPG to date. Although I reserve the best RPG 'ever' postition to Planescape: Torment
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    I'm not much of a video game player. But one online game I've been playing recently when taking a break is Bloxorz. It's very simple to get started and as the levels increase you'll have to do more thinking! Basically you have to move your piece into the slot without letting it fall out of the board. Very addictive!
    http://www.miniclip.com/games/bloxorz/en/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008
    Is GTA IV available for PC?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Not yet. If it's like the others though, it should come out in a few months. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Me wanna; test the game and drive the new pc to hell biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I swear there are less games that I'm interested in coming out nowadays. I don't even know what's on the release calendar for later this year. Far Cry 2...and that's all that comes to mind. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I plan on trying CRYSIS and ASSASIN'S CREED very soon. No?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008 edited
    I've had them for a few months now. Make sure you have a beefy rig to get the most out of those though. wink

(Well, when I say months, Assassin's Creed was out on the 360 last year, and it's only recently come out on PC).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008 edited
    4cpu's at 3GHZ each (Intel core 2 quad)
    4 gigs of ram
    nvidia geforce 8800 gt 512mb

would these do ?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You'll be fine. wink

4 CPUS?! What are you planning to use them for man?! dizzy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Video Rendering. And they're just merely enough. slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Now playing...Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

By far my favourite Splinter Cell game (although not the best, I'll hand that to Chaos Theory), the number of references to Mission Impossible is so enjoyably insane. That, coupled with the badass Lalo Schifrin theme, make this one of my favourite games ever. punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BhelPuri wrote
    I'm not much of a video game player. But one online game I've been playing recently when taking a break is Bloxorz. It's very simple to get started and as the levels increase you'll have to do more thinking! Basically you have to move your piece into the slot without letting it fall out of the board. Very addictive!
    http://www.miniclip.com/games/bloxorz/en/

OMG!

You are evil Bhel! biggrin wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

Assassin´s Creed is visually stunning (I also have the nvidia geforce 8800 gt and you can play it at full power). A little bit like GTA (I mean there´s a story to follow but you can do lots of secondary missions and interact with many of the people you find in the different cities). And nice music in there too. If something, a little bit repetitive once you´ve played a couple of cities, but very good anyway.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    I swear there are less games that I'm interested in coming out nowadays. I don't even know what's on the release calendar for later this year. Far Cry 2...and that's all that comes to mind. sad

Far Cry 2 & Metal Gear Solid 4 = My two most wanted this year. Two equally long single player campaigns if the devs are to be believed. Visual spectacle TIMES 2 = punk beer spin

Plus there's Mercenaries 2 on the way, also to be released on PC, they're even developing for PS2, talk about dedication. Looks to be a sweet, GTA style destroy'em up.

And I forgot about a little known FPS based on my favourite movie, made by the guys behind Brothers in Arms, they better not screw this up. The game, it's called Aliens: Colonial Marines. Sci-fi based FPS with awesome looking monsties? Yes, please!! But I doubt it'll see release this year.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Assassin´s Creed is visually stunning (I also have the nvidia geforce 8800 gt and you can play it at full power). A little bit like GTA (I mean there´s a story to follow but you can do lots of secondary missions and interact with many of the people you find in the different cities). And nice music in there too. If something, a little bit repetitive once you´ve played a couple of cities, but very good anyway.

I tried to play it mate but i lasted 5 minutes......that whole 'dizzy' flashes thingy got me really tired and switched it off. Wasn't in great mood to say the truth but for how long must i walk like a redneck drunk 'till i actually get to play?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    for how long must i walk like a redneck drunk 'till i actually get to play?

Are you sure you were pressing the sprint button? tongue

Also, I've just ordered Lego Indiana Jones - look like fun! smile
  2. Anthony wrote

Ha, more fun that the latest film? I should think so.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Anthony wrote

Ha, more fun that the latest film? I should think so.

Not a single reference to the Crystal Skull in it? We're saved!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    for how long must i walk like a redneck drunk 'till i actually get to play?

Are you sure you were pressing the sprint button? tongue

Which is that? confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If you're on 360, it's pulling in the right trigger. If you're on PC, I have no idea! biggrin

(But you can change it to whatever you want!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008 edited
    World of Warcraft - I´d love to try out the LOTR game, but there´s only money for one game...

Guild Wars - Some things work better than with WoW, others not so. It´s a pretty interesting alternative.

Unreal Tournament - This classic will never leave my hard drive. I need it from time to time after visiting the internet. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    wow? You too? rolleyes
  3. I´m not an addict. Usually I play two or three days in a row for a couple of hours, then I leave it alone for a time. I´m playing for fun only, not constantly running through dungeons and doing raids and stuff. I take it very easy. Same thing with GW. It could be different with the LOTR game, which is probably the main reason why I try to resist the urge. It would cost me much more of my time, I guess, but the thought of buying my own hobbit hole and "living there" (which is one of the more interesting features of that game) really is appealing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's good. 'Cause i have several mates who are really sick with it.
  4. Don´t worry for me. I´ll behave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Christodoulides wrote

The guy who lived next me at college last year ended up dropping out because all he did was play WoW. He literally stayed in his room, skipped class, and played WoW.

I've actually just started playing Counter-Strike again. I played quite a bit in high school, but haven't touched it for two years and got the itch the other day. And by god, do I suck. I had forgotten how good people are at this game. It'll take me a while I'm sure to get back to level I used to be at.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    David wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The guy who lived next me at college last year ended up dropping out because all he did was play WoW. He literally stayed in his room, skipped class, and played WoW.

That's what i know as well, lots of people i know do this all the time.

I've actually just started playing Counter-Strike again. I played quite a bit in high school, but haven't touched it for two years and got the itch the other day. And by god, do I suck. I had forgotten how good people are at this game. It'll take me a while I'm sure to get back to level I used to be at.

That's online gaming mode only, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Yeah. You can play it offline with bots, but it's now where near as fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    Playing Freedom Fighters now. Not the best but great fun anyway. I love blowing up the helicopter bases! biggrin biggrin