• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. For anyone looking for a very great game, try to find a copy of Max Payne. It really is that good. The action is superb, the story really well done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    For anyone looking for a very great game, try to find a copy of Max Payne. It really is that good. The action is superb, the story really well done.

Yeh I liked this one a lot, but unfortunately I gave the CD to a friend and after I got it back it had so many scratches that the CD drive rejected it slant I asked him and he said that they were there before he took it from me, while I'm sure they weren't. Oh well rolleyes tongue
  2. Which is why I always check up the condition of a CD or DVD I am giving away together with the guy who takes them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I've learned to do that after this incident biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    For anyone looking for a very great game, try to find a copy of Max Payne. It really is that good. The action is superb, the story really well done.

Max Payne is a pure master piece of a game. From the story to the characters, the music and the sound design. Highly addictive and a great playability. Definitely waiting for Max Payne 3.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. One of those stories where you really get into the character because of the realistic progression of the plot. It's just an ordinary guy's descent into his own personal hell, like Murphy's law times 1000. Killing that b!tch at the end really felt like a weight fell off the shoulders of the tormented hero, and with him the player. MP2 definitely had the weaker story of the two but also had cracking good gameplay. That Mona chick, damn!

DemonStar wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Yeh I liked this one a lot, but unfortunately I gave the CD to a friend and after I got it back it had so many scratches that the CD drive rejected it slant I asked him and he said that they were there before he took it from me, while I'm sure they weren't. Oh well rolleyes tongue

A friend who does that kind of thing and tries to talk his way out of it is not a friend! slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    DreamTheater wrote
    A friend who does that kind of thing and tries to talk his way out of it is not a friend! slant

He was more like a classmate with whom I swapped a few games, anyway tongue And of those about 6 games I got from him, 4 were horribly scratched and wouldn't work, one contained an exquisite virus and I somehow managed to run the fourth (Cricket 2001).

Actually this same fella took another's game CD of this baseball game of Triple Play 2000 and brought it the next day to school in a paper bag in about 30 pieces cheesy (I saw them myself) and for this "freak" accident he claimed that the CD exploded when placed in his CD drive. I dunno how far that's true (unless someone deliberately sabotaged his computer wink ) but after that incident I was glad that I at least got my poor CD back in one piece!!! lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008 edited
    Another game a friend of mine is constantly advertising as the best he ever played is Deus Ex. Great story, great classic sniper stuff and some hard-ass action. Highly Recommended.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Funny you mention this, currently playing for the third time through Deus Ex, though the novelty has worn off a little with its dated graphics and gameplay mechanics, the augmentations you can apply to yourself, and the skills you can improve make for varied gaming sessions. Best thing of all: the story is epic and should be experienced by fans of conspiracy theories, science fiction, and complex international politics, though its never told as boring as real politics. You're just a guy cought up in a whirlwind of betrayal and selfish corporate businesses who unleash a plague unto the world and the hero (you) needs to find his own solution to the problem. Including multiple endings, the story is actually very engaging and you always want to know what happens next, just like a good season of 24 actually... biggrin But here you play a slighty less emotional and combat-hardened Jack Bauer... Yeah definitely recommended, 8 years after its release, how many times can you say that about a videogame?

Stay away however from its sequel Deus Ex: Invisible War: that one couldn't fill in the incrediblyformidasticallyawesomelyhuge expectations after the succes of the first game. Just a dumbed-down follow-up for the console generation.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Funny you mention this, currently playing for the third time through Deus Ex, though the novelty has worn off a little with its dated graphics and gameplay mechanics, the augmentations you can apply to yourself, and the skills you can improve make for varied gaming sessions. Best thing of all: the story is epic and should be experienced by fans of conspiracy theories, science fiction, and complex international politics, though its never told as boring as real politics. You're just a guy cought up in a whirlwind of betrayal and selfish corporate businesses who unleash a plague unto the world and the hero (you) needs to find his own solution to the problem. Including multiple endings, the story is actually very engaging and you always want to know what happens next, just like a good season of 24 actually... biggrin But here you play a slighty less emotional and combat-hardened Jack Bauer... Yeah definitely recommended, 8 years after its release, how many times can you say that about a videogame?

Stay away however from its sequel Deus Ex: Invisible War: that one couldn't fill in the incrediblyformidasticallyawesomelyhuge expectations after the succes of the first game. Just a dumbed-down follow-up for the console generation.

Ps, aren't you at work now?
    Don't tell me you're surfing again while working? biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    After the big disappointments of "Turning Point: Fall of Liberty", "Red Ocean ( vomit ) and "Hour of Victory" ( vomit vomit ), I´ve returned to "Call of Duty 4". Now this is a shooter! punk
    And I´m planning on playing again "Max Payne" after all the talking these days.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    S1 C3 R1 A1 B3 B3 L1 E1 biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Timmer wrote

Timmer... you rock!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    To quote a famous Alan Parsons song, the only games I play are "the games people play....in the middle of the night". tongue
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    After the big disappointments of "Turning Point: Fall of Liberty", "Red Ocean ( vomit ) and "Hour of Victory" ( vomit vomit ), I´ve returned to "Call of Duty 4". Now this is a shooter! punk

You bought Turning Point? I warned you after playing the demo it was BAD.
  6. Tommy_Boy wrote
    Ps, aren't you at work now?
    Don't tell me you're surfing again while working? biggrin

Hey hey, you feeling jealous?? wave no bosses around dude, its paradise I tell you, oh and occasionally I have to get of my ass and work. shocked

PS I wasn't playing while working I was typing on this nice little board while waiting for the work to come. So don't you check up on me, YOU SNEAK!!! (hint hint) punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Timmer wrote

Timmer... you rock!

Thanks! cool beer

Most things, game wise, that are not blood, splatter, kill kill kill are fine by me, especially if it get's the old grey matter working.

There are "games" mentioned here that I'll not name that I'd condemn to Room 101.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    RAINBOW SIX VEGAS : 2

Breathtaking visuals, awesome, tight and fast gameplay, realism, in a word: KICKASS!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

You bought Turning Point? I warned you after playing the demo it was BAD.

Fortunately I didn´t buy it biggrin
    I only buy the games I know for sure I gonna like (Medal of Honor saga, Call of Duty saga, Max Payne, Crysis, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, just to name a few of the last 8-9 years). The rest, well, I check them out before spending my money.
  7. Timmer wrote

Most things, game wise, that are not blood, splatter, kill kill kill are fine by me, especially if it get's the old grey matter working.

Dude you have to play Portal, done by the guys and girls at Valve (devs of Half-Life). It's seriously brilliant, and it doesn't involve shooting, just incredible puzzle solving a 3D world, with the use of portals you have to make your way from point A to B, and the solution is sometimes closer than your mind will think. It's incredibly clever the whole time through and it boggles the mind this concept was never used before last year when it released. Best thing is: the humor. The game will have you ROFL. And the ending : one of the best endings in a game ever. That song! punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

Dude you have to play Portal, done by the guys and girls at Valve (devs of Half-Life). It's seriously brilliant, and it doesn't involve shooting, just incredible puzzle solving a 3D world, with the use of portals you have to make your way from point A to B, and the solution is sometimes closer than your mind will think. It's incredibly clever the whole time through and it boggles the mind this concept was never used before last year when it released. Best thing is: the humor. The game will have you ROFL. And the ending : one of the best endings in a game ever. That song! punk punk

Sounds good!

I'm being a bit hypocritical as I have played some shoot em ups and enjoy a lot of the fantasy stuff, Lara Croft, Terminator, Spiderman etc. I'm just not happy with the ideas behind the likes of Grand Theft Auto and the like.
  8. Timmer wrote
    Sounds good!

It totally is! Trust me on this.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lego Indiana Jones!!

Awesome fun. Although for some reason (we all know why) there's tons of Star Wars references in it...shouldn't they have kept that to the Lego Star Wars games?

Good treatment of the score though (considering it's all chopped up and looped).

I really want a list of all the hidden artifacts so I can unlock the train level from Last Crusade (it's a hidden level in the game).
  9. Racedriver: GRID for the Xbox 360.

Incredible racer: fun, actionpacked and with a good singleplayer mode that keeps me hooked. Become the worlds fastest racer in the best team and own all 45 superbly modeled cars. Customize how your cars look, add sponsor logos for more cash when you win, bring in a second driver for enhanced team points. The crashes can look deliciously devastating, the handling is easy and responsive and the driver AI keeps you guessing. Fantastic novelty: the flashback system which mostly eliminates the frustration you have when you screw up once and lose your spot. With it you can return to any point before the crash / screwup and try again. I love it! Definitely one of the best pure racegames I've played in my life and I've played lots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2008
    I play it on the PC. It's probably the most realistic and stunningly looking raCER i've ever seen, totally blows you away! But too damn difficult too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I've just finished Megaman Battle Network 5 and 6 on the GBA. Though they're a bit overlong with some unnecessary side quests, they're very enjoyable with a great storyline. I wish they'd develop a version for the PC with better graphics!
  10. Christodoulides wrote
    I play it on the PC. It's probably the most realistic and stunningly looking raCER i've ever seen, totally blows you away! But too damn difficult too!

I find it perfectly balanced. Maybe it depends on the controller you're using? The drifting stages, now that's another matter entirely. I keep spinning uncontrollably around the track spin sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's spinning VERY easily and with just a simply high speed bump from another car and / or surrounding walls and barriers and such. One little touch sends you at spinning hell, just like in reality i guesS?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Amazing.. three years back when I got a brand new PC there wasn't a single recently arrrived game in the market that won't run on it... and now there's not a single one that runs tongue NFS Carbon doesn't even want to get installed... this PC is in desperate need of an upgrade for games! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What pc is it?