• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Nah... I just call that dedicated fanboyism. Besides they do it to entertain the sane(r) people, if such a thing exists. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    Have you seen what's behind him?!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm pretty sure the picture explains why he's not getting some.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer
  2. Awesome trailer for a little upcoming game, in fact it's nearly here.

An absolute must-buy for me seeing how I loved the first one and this one is destined to improve on it. Sci-fi gaming at its best.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Mass Effect 2 getting a whopping 10/10 from Eurogamer, saying it's an improvement in every way on the original game, which already has a fantastic science-fiction and politics-laden story and superb cast of characters. Combat and other gameplay mechanics have been refined, and the game has become much more immersive and fun as a result. The vast world should keep me occupied for the weeks to come.

Can't wait to sink my teeth into the incredible world Bioware has expanded upon from the first game. And this is supposed to be 'The Empire Strikes Back' in a three part blockbuster series. So part 2 should give us an idea where they're heading for the big finale in a couple of years.

Anyone else here getting it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    Currently playing "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned", the first expansion of Borderlands. A whole new story set in another part of Pandora, with even more action and fun as the first game plus new guns and new enemies: zombies! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Currently playing around with Rubik's Cube. Oh wait, are you guys talking about video games? well, never mind... spin
  4. me want the game Heavy Rain smile

Reason is simple: Check this

Finally, something dramatic and story wise punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. You said it brother! That game will redefine how the outside world looks at games. A true interactive noir detective story with flesh and blood characters and with innovative moral decision-based gameplay? It'll be beautiful, no doubt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    DreamTheater wrote

Yup! Ordered the PC version Mass Effect 2 for £25-ish.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  6. Rian wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Yup! Ordered the PC version Mass Effect 2 for £25-ish.

Cool, getting it for 360 myself.

Ranietz wrote
    Currently playing around with Rubik's Cube. Oh wait, are you guys talking about video games? well, never mind... spin

Well there's only so many ways you can play with the Cube: twisting, turning, getting absolutely mentally deranged over it. I gave up on it a long time ago as I like to play games I can actually have a chance of beating. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010
    I'm currently mega-hyped for:

- Bad Company 2
    - Splinter Cell Conviction
    - Red Dead Redemption
    - Alan Wake

Is anyone else looking forward to these?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've got catching up to do on the 360. Just got The Force Unleashed - enjoying it!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I haven't played the game, but what a bloody fantastic score it has!
  7. Anthony wrote
    I'm currently mega-hyped for:

- Bad Company 2
    - Splinter Cell Conviction
    - Red Dead Redemption
    - Alan Wake

Is anyone else looking forward to these?

Only Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Alan Wake (my god this game has been in production for ages).

I'm tired of the Splinter Cell series, the last one, Double Agent was a bug-ridden pile of crap, which I didn't even finish.

I ordered Mass Effect 2 weeks ago, some delivery problems (Play, UK or Belgian post services, who knows?)

Bioshock 2 is ordered also, the first game was a stunner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    Ordered (and playing) a bunch of games lately:
    - Mass Effect 2 (pc)
    - Saboteur (x360)
    - Fable II (x360)
    - GTA4 Stories of Liberty City (x360)

Looking forward to:
    - Splinter Cell 5 (still doubting whether I'll get it for pc or x360)
    - Alan Wake (well, since PC is officially cancelled, I guess x360)

And already pre-ordered:
    - Final Fantasy XIII (x360)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010 edited
    Holy smokes I didn't know Alan Wake for the PC was cancelled !!!! That's disappointing to know ! angry

Final Fantasy XIII, going for the PS3 myself which if you've witnessed the many videos is sure to be an instant hit. I've skipped part 12 since I was fed up with the series at that time, but if the jaw-dropping graphics for this new installment are anything to go by I might as well go ahead and get it on release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    Where do you people order time for all this? I want to buy shitloads.
  8. As do I man!

Sometimes there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    For good deals, take a look at http://www.find-games.co.uk/ . It's an easy to spot the best prices; and doing so you can often save up to 10 or 15£/€ on launch day. And PC games are just cheap on the internet! Real stores are just overpriced.

My favourite online shops are
    - Play.com (a lot of experience, prices a bit steep nowadays)
    - Amazon.co.uk (some experience, shipping costs quite high if ordering few items; tracked shipping though)
    - TheHut (some experience, very satisfied, good prices, bit slow on delivery)
    - BangCD (some experience, cheap on pre-orders, sends from Hong Kong so takes a while)
  9. Play is indeed a good one, though I don't know what's happening but Mass Effect 2 was ordered three weeks and still didn't arrive. And it seems I'm not the only one, a whole bunch of people in Belgium are still waiting for it to arrive, while everyone has received a shipping confirmation.

CD-Wow.com has also been very good to me, and they have some very sharp prices to boot. I've ordered Bioshock 2 there for 27.49 € (including voucher). punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    Bad Company 2

The Battlefield series has always been about the multiplayer, but the first Bad Company showed they could make a decent single player mode as well. And I was hoping at the very minimum they would combine the best of the two sides of the series together for this outing.

Unfortunately though it looks like they've focused heavily on the multilayer and neglected the solo stuff this time around. The plot is weak, the levels are uninspired and it's way, WAY too short. So to tell with the "it's the multiplayer that you pay for" mentality - I wanted a decent single player game and it's been an immense letdown. Great going DICE...

And now to wait for Splinter Cell Conviction.
  10. BF: Bad Company 2, looks ace, but I'm not a real multiplayer so the chances for me getting it are slim.

I'm a good couple of hours into Mass Effect 2... another brilliantly made tactical shooter. Bioware did the unexpected and made the gameplay from the first better, more streamlined, more kick-ass. But don't let that fool you into thinking this is just another dumb action game, because what sets game apart is the intricate storyline and the incredible world in space the makers have set up for the player to explore.

And it's already shaping up to be a superb sci-fi story, set in a huge universe with real politics, and plenty of races that each have their own motivations and characteristics. The character development is deep (but so was the first game) and quite a bunch of surprises are waiting for the player. Once again you have the option to create the character that you want, be it a sinner, a saint, or someone in between. I had to adjust to the new mechanics and increased speed of the combat but I can honestly say this is everything I could ever hope for a sequel: darker setting, more robust gameplay, more focused story, and a hell of a lot more fun.
  11. Finally finished Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Although it doesn't contain the wit nor the brilliant gameplay of the first games, there is something to like about this game. It's looks amazing and some weapons are really cool. The ending is also quite interesting and the cast of course keeps the R&C flair alive, 7 out of 10

Gonna begin now with Modern Warfare 2, and the first question I'm getting is: do you wan to skip several missions that might be offensive?

HELL NO wink
  12. Haha from the cutesy cartoony Ratchet & Clank to the grim and brutal Modern Warfare 2 (so I've read)...

Why the hell not? beer
  13. DreamTheater wrote
    Haha from the cutesy cartoony Ratchet & Clank to the grim and brutal Modern Warfare 2 (so I've read)...

Why the hell not? beer

The game sure looks marvelous, but so far I've already been blown to bits in the first level, after a minute confused

and that's just normal
    and normally I'm quite good at these games confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    On a sidenote biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Christodoulides wrote
    On a sidenote biggrin

Did you hear/read that Valve is going to make its Steam software available on Macs, and offer ports of its big franchise games (HL², Portal, TF2, L4D1+2) to existing owners of the pc version? This could really mean revitalising the Mac gaming market (or giving it the very last defibrillator shock).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    We'll see smile The thing is that the average dude and average gamer can't afford the mac and especially what follows the purchase, i.e. the software. Let's not forget piracy. It doesn't come even close in macs, compared to the vast spread in the world of pc smile Yet, that is.