• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    Piracy on the iPhone, now *that*'s booming.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  1. It won't "boom" here, I'm iPhone-less. Don't need one, and never will !!!! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010 edited
    I still play...

S1 C3 R1 A1 B3 B3 L1 E1

I still play CHESS too, with a real, live, person sat opposite me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I just bought Aliens vs Predator for the PC.

I've been waiting for over two decades, until technology catched up and graphics resemble the films' look, to fight nasty looking aliens as a big scary predator or heavily armed marine. Will this game be an Aliens' fan wet dream? If it isn't there always this to look forward to.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010
    Well, I never thougt I'd need a smartphone (or Internet on my cellphone in any case), but daaamn I've grown used to having it where ever I go.

Now playing Final Fantasy XIII. I can see why some like it smile
  3. I'm going to buy it, if only to hear the fantastic music blended with the spectacular visuals. No seriously, I want to experience it, not merely play it. smile I'm more of a Mass Effect, Fallout 3 RPG gamer but I've always had a soft spot for FF.
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II:

Man, what a kick ass game. This is war, I'm already at the 5th level, and sometimes I just don't know where the hell I'm supposed to run, but if you stay at your place, you're dead. You always have to be on the move, you have to turn your head 360 degrees every time because they are coming from everywhere. Man, and kick ass episodes too, the Brazilian street mission is goddamn brilliant!

loving it cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010
    Timmer wrote

Me too...though I'm utterly terrible at it, and it generally ends up with me bringing in air support from my TIE-Fighter scale models and unexpected cavalry moves with my Kenner Toys AT-AT walkers... shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Me too...though I'm utterly terrible at it, and it generally ends up with me bringing in air support from my TIE-Fighter scale models and unexpected cavalry moves with my Kenner Toys AT-AT walkers... shame

biggrin applause

If you're 'utterly terrible' at it we'd be a good match. wink beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II:

Man, what a kick ass game. This is war, I'm already at the 5th level, and sometimes I just don't know where the hell I'm supposed to run, but if you stay at your place, you're dead. You always have to be on the move, you have to turn your head 360 degrees every time because they are coming from everywhere. Man, and kick ass episodes too, the Brazilian street mission is goddamn brilliant!

loving it cheesy

Lets just hope that when real war comes you won't be loving it. wink

That's why videogames were invented. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Man, what a kick ass game. This is war, I'm already at the 5th level, and ..

Oh, you're at the end? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

loving it cheesy

Wait until you play the Washington level. The single player campaign is way too short though. A pity.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. Better to have a short great experience than a long boring one.

But having a long great one would be bitchin' ... cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Better to have a short great experience than a long boring one.

But better to have a long great one than either of the above.
  7. Rian wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Man, what a kick ass game. This is war, I'm already at the 5th level, and ..

Oh, you're at the end? tongue

fifth episode then, party pooper tongue

Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

loving it cheesy

Wait until you play the Washington level. The single player campaign is way too short though. A pity.

sounds cool, can't wait smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010
    I think this has got to be one of the most cinematic game trailers I've ever seen. It arguably tops my previous favourite for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

Two weeks to go. cool
  8. Anthony wrote
    I think this has got to be one of the most cinematic game trailers I've ever seen. It arguably tops my previous favourite for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

Two weeks to go. cool

indeed, very good trailer cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010 edited
    About Conviction, well yeah, the trailer looks absolutely exciting, and the game will be just another trial-and-error type of affair, which I've grown to hate with a passion over my many years as a gamer... The last Splinter Cell was a bug-ridden POS that infuriated me beyond words, so I'm not at all excited by this one, though it looks grittier than it's ever been.

But I am totally in love with the looks of this: Red Dead Redemtion looks to break new ground in terms of open-ended gameplay. Just looks at those animations, they're gobsmacking. And the world is brilliantly realised. shocked I'm awaiting it with baited breath.

In the meantime I'm enjoying Aliens vs Predator, during the Predator and Alien missions, after you've gotten used to the strange controls, you get to be a big badass hunter with cool weaponry and it's enjoyable enough, but the real meat of this game comes in the form of being the Marine... it's like a 20 year old dream come true, I get to experience my beloved Aliens movie first hand. There's nothing like walking through a dark corridor, with only the blip-blip-blip from your motion detector keeping you company, to come into a damp room where you hear the sounds of pulse rifles firing and xenomorphs getting wasted, their death screams included, and the motion detector going crazy. That really sets your heart racing. This is a very faithful re-enactment of some of the most memorable parts of that film. Fantastic stuff. I don't think a game has ever done such a splendid tribute of a film before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010 edited
    Feeling nostalgic? smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFpcTGJwvZ0
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. D, that's brilliant. Count the classic videogame references. I count more than I'm familiar with. dizzy

Thanks a lot. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    applause That was GREAT! bounce
    Made me smile like a maniac!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  10. I knew YOU would appreciate that. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    Another one more recent smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYC6i9Xod40
  11. Looks insane... those characters are almost lifelike. And the environments !! shocked What kind of pixel-shader bump-mapping terrain rendering engine is that they used? Crysis II can put its 'best graphics ever' statement where the sun doesn't shine.

I need to play that game now !!!!! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Another one more recent smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYC6i9Xod40

That was a bit boring, wasn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It was for me, but not for lovers of Call of duty series, i suppose? My little bro (one of those) told me it's a reenactment of an entire scene in call of duty 6.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah! Obviously I wasn't aware of that! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But yeah, the pixel video is far superior. Their work in there is pretty impressive, i wonder what software and techniques they used to make it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    This trailer of Red Read Redemption looks sooo seet. WANT! shocked
  12. Same here. Have you ever seen such realistic bits and bytes horses ? You even see the muscles move ! shocked