• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010 edited
    I still want to know if you can ride/drive/hijack the trains. Always the best parts of Westerns. cool

But this finally looks like the game Gun should have been.
  1. Bearing in mind the limitations a "true gamer" would have with something like a Wii, I started playing "Monster Hunter Tri" today. It's something that I've been hoping for on the Wii: something that's not as family friendly than Mario or Sonic, etc.

I'm definitely a novice but it looks lovely and it could become quite addictive!

Also recently bought a flight sim type of game: "Sky Crawlers".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Cool mate, gamers rock !! punk

But don't tell me what those games are about or I'll say the contrary. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Heavy Rain

On PS3, showcasing the most realistic virtual human beings ever seen. Really eye-popping stuff. Not only the characters are real, but the real-life environments are equally stunningly crafted. If you think this is another shoot-em-up or glorified fantasy adventure game, think again. This is the closest I've played to being a true interactive movie, where all your actions lead up to multiple conclusions, and believe there are some good outcomes, some bad.

The point of the game is that by the end of it you will have built up genuine relationships with the characters, which act as realistic as possible within the confines of the game built around them. This is essentially a noir mystery thriller about a man's son disappearing and what he has to do to find him again, dead or alive. The man has to do some really shocking acts to find out the truth, stuff that will make your inner self turn away in disgust. Some other characters personal stories are intertwined with that of the hero, and it's amazing to see how they're all connected. There's a real sense of emotional interaction between them and the player, not too many games can claim that.

This is a truly unique gaming experience, because the way you interact with the environment is one of logical thought and reflexes (like for instance to escape a struggle you have to push various buttons at set times while the action unfolds). If you miss, the game continues but if you miss too much, the outcome of that struggle could change dramatically, because you didn't react to the opponents attacks in time. The game also throws incredible moral decisions at you, up to the player to react according to the circumstances or his or her own state of mind. It's really mind-blowing, the way you get sucked into a storyline which is so well thought out and realistic and get to feel for the characters. This is bar none the closest I've ever seen to being a true interactive movie. I already said that but it's the goddamn truth.

The score by Normand Corbeil works brilliantly as well to build an atmosphere of dread, despair, suspense and mystery. And when the action heats up, the music builds up to a crescendo as well. An audio-visual masterpiece with a story that wouldn't feel out of place in David Fincher or Michael Mann film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Heavy Rain

On PS3, showcasing the most realistic virtual human beings ever seen. Really eye-popping stuff. Not only the characters are real, but the real-life environments are equally stunningly crafted. If you think this is another shoot-em-up or glorified fantasy adventure game, think again. This is the closest I've played to being a true interactive movie, where all your actions lead up to multiple conclusions, and believe there are some good outcomes, some bad.

The point of the game is that by the end of it you will have built up genuine relationships with the characters, which act as realistic as possible within the confines of the game built around them. This is essentially a noir mystery thriller about a man's son disappearing and what he has to do to find him again, dead or alive. The man has to do some really shocking acts to find out the truth, stuff that will make your inner self turn away in disgust. Some other characters personal stories are intertwined with that of the hero, and it's amazing to see how they're all connected. There's a real sense of emotional interaction between them and the player, not too many games can claim that.

This is a truly unique gaming experience, because the way you interact with the environment is one of logical thought and reflexes (like for instance to escape a struggle you have to push various buttons at set times while the action unfolds). If you miss, the game continues but if you miss too much, the outcome of that struggle could change dramatically, because you didn't react to the opponents attacks in time. The game also throws incredible moral decisions at you, up to the player to react according to the circumstances or his or her own state of mind. It's really mind-blowing, the way you get sucked into a storyline which is so well thought out and realistic and get to feel for the characters. This is bar none the closest I've ever seen to being a true interactive movie. I already said that but it's the goddamn truth.

The score by Normand Corbeil works brilliantly as well to build an atmosphere of dread, despair, suspense and mystery. And when the action heats up, the music builds up to a crescendo as well. An audio-visual masterpiece with a story that wouldn't feel out of place in David Fincher or Michael Mann film.

sounds bloody brilliant, I want to play it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010 edited
    Dude why the quote, if your reply is only one line and directly under the post??? rolleyes

And I supposedly have one of the worst endings, replay value is guaranteed, to make different choices.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010
    This is for whom the phrase "get a life" was invented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ca1gzKoqmU
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Something tells me the guy in the foreground had something to do with the 'account hacking'.

And here I was thinking D would put something serious game-related here, but I was wrong. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

C'mon, admit it. We all do that when the MainTitles server goes down. Right?

...right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ........erm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010 edited
    edited for the sake of worldpeace
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

C'mon, admit it. We all do that when the MainTitles server goes down. Right?

...right?

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote

This is between sick and funny. I like when he carefully types the password and then (again, carefully) presses ENTER. Who hasn't done that sometime?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    edited for the sake of worldpeace

kill
  6. I failed. *sniff*
  7. I've put about 18 hours into Final Fantasy XIII so far and I've got to say, it has been a huge waste of about 18 hours. This game is terrible on several levels. It looks pretty (though the delayed U.S. release made what was probably cutting edge visuals somewhat less impactful), but that's about all I can say for it. I'll probably keep going for a while at least (I've heard it gets better once you hit chapter 10). For anyone who expects a game to become engaging at some point during the first 20 hours of play.......you might want to play something else.
  8. Yeah it got very hyped a while back, to the point I was seriously interested in getting it. There was a time I loved to play through them (FF 8, 9 and 10), however linear or simplistic they were to play. Problem is there are so much games coming out that the 100 hours needed to invest in it are maybe a little too much. But I admit I like the visual style and the character animations are very well done.

Besides I still haven't completed Fallout 3 (and all the expansions), which is also taking its sweet time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    DT's going to love this site!
  9. Love is exaggerated ! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    Didn't know where to place this. So,

Doraemon + Street fighter II
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    Finished Alan Wake a few days ago, now working my way through Red Dead Redemption.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010 edited
    Alan Wake looks ace, too bad it isn't on PC, where this title was to be originally released.

Going through FEAR 2: Project Origin at the moment: an FPS with a scary supernatural edge and bloody combat.

I still haven't begun with God of War 3, I guess it's too epic for humble old me to get on with it. That being said, this is one hell of a game franchise I wouldn't mind seeing turned into a film (or series of films). A pumped up taking-no-shit Vin Diesel in the role of Kratos. punk And either the original composers of the games for the score, or Arnold, Debney, or anyone that has written an epic score in the past. And give it the Cameron-o-vision 3D treatment. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Off to Los Angeles for a week. Visiting the E3 expo. Mmmmm, games and booth babes.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  10. That's great ! cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Awww jealous.

/Stewie
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    VERY jealous. A city I've always wanted to go to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I've just read blah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blah BABES blah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blah therefore i'm envy man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I've just read blah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blah BABES blah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blah therefore i'm envy man.

You've forgotten the magic word D.......JUICY.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    VERY jealous. A city I've always wanted to go to.

What, Los Angeles? One of my least favourite cities I've visited.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    Starcraft II gets jumbo jet.

Some people really are crazy!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0ff_1277465348