• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/grandt … ed;title;1

But it's got the "games for Windows" label, so it had better not be Vista only! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus

shocked shocked
    "The crime epic sold 631,000 copies in 24 hours in the UK, while Take Two's financial results revealed that the game had sold 8.5 million units worldwide as of early June".
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bloody hell! shocked

I still feel that San Andreas is the best. GTA 4 was great, but it didn't feel like it was stretching into new areas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yes, so much more world to explore and things to do in San Andreas. But its graphics seem VERY aged compared to IV.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yes, so much more world to explore and things to do in San Andreas. But its graphics seem VERY aged compared to IV.

Yeah, they felt a bit aged when SA came out anyway. Luckily the sheer uberness of the game let you overlook it completely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    San Andreas with GTA4's 3D engine would be the ultimate game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's what i was saying to my little brother the other day; but he responded rather cleverly: they would need 4 blu-ray discs then, not one wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Just played Counter Strike. It's an older game and so the graphics naturally aren't so great, but I enjoy this a lot!! punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    That's what i was saying to my little brother the other day; but he responded rather cleverly: they would need 4 blu-ray discs then, not one wink

Err..yeah... rolleyes wink

I imagine GTA4 is going to look better on the PC as well. Hopefully like the previous GTA games, the textures will be crisper and the draw distance will be adjustable. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They always look better on the PC. I hope it has a better frames per second performance on a good pc system 'cause on the ps3 it lags, a lot in some cases.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yup, same on 360. Another great think I like about the PC versions - "Frame Limiter - Off". biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    stranglehold : john woo all over it, and a very nice main theme too shocked
  1. I finally gave in to my lower instincts and got a Lord of the Rings Online account. Being able to walk into The Prancing Pony and have a chat with Strider, or visit The Shire and have a look at the different rooms in BagEnd is great fun. Soon they will publish a Moria extension where you can travel the old dwarfen city from one end to the other, shortly after the Fellowship went through...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christoph wrote

A bit over the top IMO. Give me Max Payne anyday (a game that doesn´t go old; impressive that a game from 2001 is still graphically and great in all apsects as the very first day).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Christoph wrote

A bit over the top IMO. Give me Max Payne anyday (a game that doesn´t go old; impressive that a game from 2001 is still graphically and great in all apsects as the very first day).

I played Stranglehold when it came out (which seems like YEARS ago now!). It started off ok, but it seemed the only way it developed was giving you more guys to shoot..and that was about it. Still, good fun while it lasted. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I played Stranglehold when it came out (which seems like YEARS ago now!). It started off ok, but it seemed the only way it developed was giving you more guys to shoot..and that was about it.

As I said, over the top action biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008 edited
    I really want a new series of "Tycoon" games. They keep trying to re-vamp the theme park ones, but the 3D versions (RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 *cough*) ended up sucking compared to their pixelated predecessors. I'd really love to play a new RollerCoaster tycoon that handled more like the new C&C games (preferably with less tanks though).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    RACE DRIVER: GRID on the PC, from CODEMASTERS. Easily the COOLEST most bad-ass rocking racing game i've ever played, top realism, breathtaking graphics, hard and adrenaline-pumped. Pure 10 out of 10 punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Christoph wrote

Max Payne, I would love to play that first game one more time. Besides 'mafia' (which is still the best game ever for me) there's no game that can top the drama/dark cold atmosphere of that game. Stranglehold is very repetitive but also very brainless fun punk .

PS : Mark Wahlber will soon star in the movie 'max payne' , here's the trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboQmDIdKWs , it looks ok , but I'm not sure of Wahlberg, he's a bit too young for Payne (although he's a very fine actor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008
    Christoph wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christoph wrote

Max Payne, I would love to play that first game one more time. Besides 'mafia' (which is still the best game ever for me) there's no game that can top the drama/dark cold atmosphere of that game.

Play it again; trust me, you´ll enjoy it as much as the first time.

Christoph wrote
    PS : Mark Wahlber will soon star in the movie 'max payne' , here's the trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboQmDIdKWs , it looks ok , but I'm not sure of Wahlberg, he's a bit too young for Payne (although he's a very fine actor)

Hey, the trailer looks promising; I hope they capture the drama / dark atmosphere of the game.
    Besides, Marco Beltrami is scoring it punk
  2. Yeah, I hope they don't screw this one up, the videogame already felt more movie-like than most movies nowadays. It's very cinematic, even though its graphic novels are static, you could just fill in the holes with your imagination. I'm hoping they follow the story of the first game, because that one's brilliant, with a very satisfying buildup and conclusion.

Stranglehold I still have to play that... It's lying here for when I have time. Anyone ever saw the Hong Kong actioner Hard Boiled which is actually a prequel to the game? If the game even has half of the action it sounds great. I also love Chow Yun Fat so let the bloodbath commence!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008 edited
    I had a mammoth session of Crysis this afternoon. I seem to have a knack for getting vehicles stuck in places they shouldn't be. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I had a mammoth session of Crysis this afternoon. I seem to have a knack for getting vehicles stuck in places they shouldn't be. spin

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I finally gave in to my lower instincts and got a Lord of the Rings Online account. Being able to walk into The Prancing Pony and have a chat with Strider, or visit The Shire and have a look at the different rooms in BagEnd is great fun. Soon they will publish a Moria extension where you can travel the old dwarfen city from one end to the other, shortly after the Fellowship went through...

So you like it? How large is the world? How many places can you visit, and, lastly, is it an MMORPG, or simply an RPG? I'm guessing it's an MMORPG. I've often considered buying this/getting an account on it, but have always had second thoughts. I want a world that is immense, that I can explore for days and weeks and months and years and still have fun in.
  3. Do I like it? Yes, I do... you really need good hardware to be able to run all the beautiful details in the visuals, but the game runs on smaller systems too (which is what I have) with a rather barren landscape in that case, but still it is way above WoW in that regard.

The game does a lot of things very right. The quests are in many ways a bit more complex than in WoW, and the epic storyline your character can follow will make him meet up with a lot of famous guys. wink Overall, the Tolkien feel in the quests is okay.

There are so many quests you can´t do them all with one character, which is great and allows you to play different characters without running out of new stuff to see or to do.

Since they don´t have the movie licence, they don´t use the movie´s designs, but they are so close that you can easily feel at home there, thanks to Tolkien being very specific in his descriptions, so I guess it HAS to look a lot alike.

The game mechanics are a lot more complex than they are in WoW, and I like that, but you may have to look around a lot to find out how some things work best. Not bad if you wnat to spend a lot of time with the game.

It IS a MMORPG, but it is more much better oriented to the solo player than WoW. If you don´t want to run a fellowship (a group) quest, just wait for some levels and then do it alone. The game doesn´t concentrate too much on the "professional level" stuff WoW is famous for. In WoW, you have to spend an aweful lot of time to get your character into a shape that will be accepted by large groups to participate in a raid, which is the only way to see the high level content. LOTRO doesn´t have too much of this stuff, so I would call it very beginners- and casual players-friendly.

The world is big, yes. There are a lot of things to see and visit, but in the end the world is by far not as big as in WoW, but since is only Chapter One, all we get is Eriador, anyway, so it´s all about the northwest of Middle-Earth, just up to Rivendell. Chapter Two, coming out soon, will take you deep into Moria, and I guess there will be a lot of Chapters before the whole of Middle-earth is laid out, and then we´ll have a giant world to play in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Since they don´t have the movie licence, they don´t use the movie´s designs...

They don't? I always thought the game was connected to the movie franchise... confused

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    The world is big, yes. There are a lot of things to see and visit, but in the end the world is by far not as big as in WoW, but since is only Chapter One, all we get is Eriador, anyway, so it´s all about the northwest of Middle-Earth, just up to Rivendell. Chapter Two, coming out soon, will take you deep into Moria, and I guess there will be a lot of Chapters before the whole of Middle-earth is laid out, and then we´ll have a giant world to play in.

Great! Thanks for all the info! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I played Tiddlywinks today.
  4. Just tell me if you need more specifics.

Yeah, it´s a shame they didn´t get the licence, but on the other hand the money was spent for other things, which, in the end, is better for the game. As I said, the visuals are not too far from what we´ve seen, but, of course, the music is very different, which shouldn´t be a problem at all. If you don´t like it, cancel it and play a Shore CD instead.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I played Tiddlywinks today.

biggrin

I'm going to shoot some pool at the pub tonight.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Gimme pool over an X-PS3ii any day! punk