• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008 edited
    ... James Bernard, the composer of the famous Hammer scores, won one Oscar - but not for his music! He won an Oscar, together with Paul Dehn, for a screenplay in 1952, for "Seven Days to Noon". This was also John Addison's first feature film. He wan an Oscar (for his music) to Tom Jones (1963).

Next?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008
    ...the only reason John Powell scored the Bourne series was because Carter Burwell was chucked off. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ...David Arnold used to work in a cereal factory, cleaning ovens. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    ....and Danny Elfman used to wait tables.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    [evil bitching mode] and he should have stayed to that biggrin [/evil bitching mode]
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ...Demetris got out on the wrong side of bed today. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    ...Demetris got out on the wrong side of bed today. wink

...maybe he should have just stayed in bed!

wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote

I think actually he took the credit for cleaning ovens which had actually been cleaned by Nicholas Dodd.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

I think actually he took the credit for cleaning ovens which had actually been cleaned by Nicholas Dodd.

Quality! punk LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moviescore wrote
    ... James Bernard, the composer of the famous Hammer scores, won one Oscar - but not for his music! He won an Oscar, together with Paul Dehn, for a screenplay in 1952, for "Seven Days to Noon". This was also John Addison's first feature film. He wan an Oscar (for his music) to Tom Jones (1963).

Next?

The fact about James Bernard was also one of my early True / False questions when the thread was on the old Scorereviews site. cool

Can't remember how I worded it though?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

lol

Actually, I'm not sure if TRUE stories are funny? Don't piss on the inflicted an all that! wink
  1. Anthony wrote
    ...the only reason John Powell scored the Bourne series was because Carter Burwell was chucked off. dizzy

Not quite; should check out my site.

Did you know many successful television composers got their start ghosting for Mike Post on such shows as "Magnum, pi", "The Rockford Files", "The A-Team", etc. In fact, very few of them haven't gotten good standing of cult series.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    ... that Dominic Frontiere (Hang 'Em High, The Stunt Man, Color of Night) spent some time in jail?

From Wikipedia:

Criminal career

In 1986, Frontiere entered a federal penitentiary for nine months of incarceration. Frontiere had scalped tickets to the 1980 Super Bowl, tickets he obtained through his ex-wife, Los Angeles Rams owner Georgia Frontiere. He was estimated to have scalped as many as 16,000 tickets, making a half million dollars in profit that he failed to report to the IRS. Frontiere pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a year and a day in prison, three years probation, and fined $15,000 for failing to report income from the sale of the tickets and for lying to the Internal Revenue Service. (Sports Illustrated, June 30, 1986; New York Times, November 5, December 9 [3] and December 10, 1986)

shocked

mc
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    moviescore wrote
    ... that Dominic Frontiere (Hang 'Em High, The Stunt Man, Color of Night) spent some time in jail?

From Wikipedia:

Criminal career

In 1986, Frontiere entered a federal penitentiary for nine months of incarceration. Frontiere had scalped tickets to the 1980 Super Bowl, tickets he obtained through his ex-wife, Los Angeles Rams owner Georgia Frontiere. He was estimated to have scalped as many as 16,000 tickets, making a half million dollars in profit that he failed to report to the IRS. Frontiere pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a year and a day in prison, three years probation, and fined $15,000 for failing to report income from the sale of the tickets and for lying to the Internal Revenue Service. (Sports Illustrated, June 30, 1986; New York Times, November 5, December 9 [3] and December 10, 1986)

shocked

mc

Nope! Didn't know that?

Mikael, you should have posed this as a question on the True / False thread? wink
  2. Did you know that The Magnificent Seven was not sponsored by Marlboro? cool
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    Did you know that The Magnificent Seven was not sponsored by Marlboro? cool

yup
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Did you know that Waxman did backup work for the film Gone With the Wind?
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    moviescore wrote

From Wikipedia:

Criminal career

shocked

mc

Nope! Didn't know that?

Mikael, you should have posed this as a question on the True / False thread? wink

This I knew
    Tom
  3. As did a legion of orchestrators. Even so they used some library music, too. Steiner worked himself into the ground on this one.
    I once read F. Scott Fitzgerald had a hand in on-the-fly sript revisions.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2014
    One could only imagine what it would have been like to work for Selznick. I understand he lead the world in sending out memos.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2021
    ....Alan Silvestri has his own vineyard.

Yes, you all knew that. But I just wanted to ressurect this trivia thread. I'm sure we all have many trivia notes to share about our favourite composers.
    I am extremely serious.