• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012
    Grrmbl, it was indeed for the SAE package. Damned!

What I ordered
    Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone
    American Buffalo (Thomas Newman)
    Welcome Home Roxy (Thomas Newman)
    Ides of March (Alexandre Desplat)
    Lo (Scott Glasgow)
    Back to Gaya (Michael Kamen)
    Eleanor's Secret (Christophe Heral)
    No-Do (Alfons Conde)
    Rex Steele (Ryan Shore)

As you can see, some are from the Movie Score Media sale, containing some scores of around $4. Cheap, but due to the customs, a lot more expensive. I'll never order from SAE again, and focus on other stores that use PayPal (does any?).
    Kazoo
  1. Never had problems with SAE orders yet. Sometimes I need to pay customs tax, but you always have to calculate that it might be possible to get charged for it when it exceeds the limit you can 'import'.

Anyway very nice selection
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'll never order from SAE again, and focus on other stores that use PayPal (does any?).

Lalaland does!

But to be fair, Bregt: USUALLY ScreenArchives certainly caters to its overseas' buyers by citing a much lower price than the actual content. So this may well have been a genuine oversight.
    Have you asked them?

This is actually quite interesting information for the rest of us: if this is a change of policy on their side a LOT of us would need to rethink their ordering habits or preferences!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    This is actually quite interesting information for the rest of us: if this is a change of policy on their side a LOT of us would need to rethink their ordering habits or preferences!

I already stopped ordering from them when they changed a different policy and said they would not replace CDs that got lost in transit. Since that happened to me a couple of times with orders from the US (though never from them, I think) - I'm not willing to take the risk.

With the customs thing, I can't even remember the last time it happened to me. It doesn't happen with Intrada orders, which is where I get virtually everything from these days (and they DO replace lost parcels).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote

I already stopped ordering from them when they changed a different policy and said they would not replace CDs that got lost in transit. Since that happened to me a couple of times with orders from the US (though never from them, I think) - I'm not willing to take the risk.

Yeah, same here. This is why I avoid ordering from them if I can.
    It's a policy I don't understand (and am quite unhappy with), but under US law they're perfectly entitled to enforce it. But sadly, like you, I really can't take that financial risk.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    I'll never order from SAE again, and focus on other stores that use PayPal (does any?).

Martijn wrote
    Lalaland does!

But to be fair, Bregt: USUALLY ScreenArchives certainly caters to its overseas' buyers by citing a much lower price than the actual content. So this may well have been a genuine oversight.
    Have you asked them?

I'm thinking Bregt ordered too much CDs, I order maximum 5 albums and that always goes through customs without a hitch.

Keep the number lower in the future is my advice. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Funnily enough, I received White Fang from Intrada this morning and it didn't even have a green customs sticker on it!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn