• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008 edited
    What's up with Screen Archives these days? I've ordered twice with them these past months and each time the order was held back. This time it's already a month pending and I e-mailed them and they said some items are out of print, and they would send me my order and refund me, but that was more than a week ago. It remains in waiting status. I hope it's just some temporary problem.

Anybody can shed some light on the situation?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. Hey Bro, I thought you would come here and start this topic wink

This means guys that you can all go for true give away CD's on the page my brother started on Ebay tongue

At least as long as Screen Archives is slow biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008
    That's weird. SAE is one of the most reliable film music sellers around and i'd be very surprised if they started doing these things as well. Anyone got more info on it or a similar experience?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw, do you guys notify each other than dinner's ready through the forum? biggrin kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008 edited
    Hang on, you guys are brothers? Are you sure you don't just have the same surname (like with Jan A.P. Kaczmarek and Jane Kaczmarek)?
  2. Pretty sure Southall, we came out of the same belly and all haha, but no Tommy_Boy has since moved on elsewhere. This is one way to stay in touch. It was him after all that introduced me to this place and we continue to do things together... Like me selling all his old stuff for example... wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Southall wrote
    Hang on, you guys are brothers? Are you sure you don't just have the same surname (like with Jan A.P. Kaczmarek and Jane Kaczmarek)?

haha, yeah we're sure man smile
    Its rather cool to have the same interests as brothers, since we could always share the love we had for filmmusic, movies and games, only in sports does he need to grow wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hmm. My sister and I share no interests at all.
  4. Southall wrote
    Hmm. My sister and I share no interests at all.

what can I say, I'm blessed biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Pretty sure Southall, we came out of the same belly and all haha, but no Tommy_Boy has since moved on elsewhere. This is one way to stay in touch. It was him after all that introduced me to this place and we continue to do things together... Like me selling all his old stuff for example... wink

Which was much appreciated!

$5 for FSM's Towering Inferno, a bargain mate! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Are you sure this was sold by me, because I'm having a hard time to remember that fact.

Anyway to get back OT, just got an e-mail today from SAE saying they cancelled two items (sorry bud no Sahara for you, no Kameo for me) and they shipped the rest, especially strange since I opened this topic only a few hours ago. What's more, their website still says it's available.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Are you sure this was sold by me, because I'm having a hard time to remember that fact.

Anyway to get back OT, just got an e-mail today from SAE saying they cancelled two items (sorry bud no Sahara for you, no Kameo for me) and they shipped the rest, especially strange since I opened this topic only a few hours ago. What's more, their website still says it's available.

Damn, yeah checked the site too and I could see that Sahara is indeed available
    Ah well, who knows it will pop up sooner or later smile
  7. SAE is one of the most reliable stores online - things I have ordered invariably turns up. And, they are very accommodating when it comes to doing last-minute changes (my last-minute change from Rambo to Atomement being a prime example).

But I have noticed that since they took over FSM's catalogue there has been a noticable change in the reliability in their shipping. But I think that this is noticable because their service was always so good then. Order a CD and it would arrive 1 week later...without question. Now, it's a bit more variable. But that is to be expected with their increased workload. For example, I have ordered a couple of used CDs a while back (1-2 weeks?). I still see them listed on their site but my order still hasn't shipped. But this delay is probably due to a boxed set that's related to a particular superhero who wears his underware over his usual clothing (and that boxed set has shipped BTW).

Also, there's an increasing tendency for CDs being listed that they don't have in stock (particularly Asian CDs) and there is no mention that they have to wait for a delivery once an order has been placed. Perhaps I have been unlucky in that these CDs are stocked in low numbers and by the time I order one they have to order from their own supplier. I am sure that keeping their catalogue up-to-date would be a full time job that would be unrealistic to expect.

This isn't meant to be a rant against SAE. I just wanted to highlight that they are a bit slower than before and their service is still miles better than a lot of other stores. They are helpful, courteous and they are still my main outlet for my purchases.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008
    I haven't had to wait more than a week for anything from SAE.

Of course, there's always a first time? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Correct, they are the most reliable, only now recently they have made me notice some slowdown in their deliveries. I always appreciated the fact I never have to pay customs tax, even with orders ranging up to 100 dollars. And deliveries were always fast and without fault. I guess their customer base is always on the rise, so they must be having an increasingly hard time to follow up all the orders, domestically and internationally.

But that won't hurt my enthousiasm when I can buy some hard to find CD, that I can only dream about finding in my worthless country.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I once paid for an old FSM magazine, to see whatit was. It was only one dollar, but when I got my package, it only included the cd I ordered with it, and a note saying that the FSM was out of stock. Never got my $ back. sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I haven't shopped with them before (I usually go through moviemusic.com, but their shipping is slow!).

How quickly can screen archives get stuff overseas? confused
  9. Well it used to be about 1 to 1,5 week from the States to Belgium. Now they have a hard time to keep that up (for me).
  10. Anthony wrote
    I haven't shopped with them before (I usually go through moviemusic.com, but their shipping is slow!).

Usually, from notification of shipping it takes 1 week to arrive.

And if there is any problems their customer service is really very good. They will try and get the problem resolved as quick as possible.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008
    Anthony wrote

Wow... moviemusic.com is the fastest shipping I've ever got (regularly less than a week from there to here... amazing). Though my usual shop is Intrada, I've never had any problems with SAE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012 edited
    The mail was delivered today, and it included a message that I had to fetch a package at the post office. The message said I had to pay a tax of 25EUR. I assume it is an SAE order that appears to finally have arrived (I made the order in January).

I never had to pay for an SAE package. Has anybody experienced this? This is a lot of money and I'm wondering why that happened? This is just an assumption (I can get in ot Saturday), but I'm looking to see if someone has a similar story?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012
    Over the customs limit, I would assume?
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Bregt wrote
    The mail was delivered today, and it included a message that I had to fetch a package at the post office. The message said I had to pay a tax of 25EUR. I assume it is an SAE order that appears to finally have arrived (I made the order in January).

I never had to pay for an SAE package. Has anybody experienced this? This is a lot of money and I'm wondering why that happened?

isn't that because customs intercepted it, saw that the price wasn't equal the weight of the shipment, and in order you have to pay extra now for the difference, something like that?

Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, the moment customs intercept it, don't you have to pay that interception as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damned! The package was about 60EUR, which isn't that much for a few cd's. I have done similar orders before and never had any problems.

Bah! slant

That's one and a half beers less in Iceland. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yep.

The limits are pretty clearly defined, and almost any package from the US containing more than two CDs is over it.
    Customs generally doesn't intercept it. Lucky.
    But sometimes they do. And then you pay. Through the nose.
    It's a bit of a lottery.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Pfff, that sucks! 25EUR, that's like 50% of the amount! I'm not sure they'll spend it well.
    Kazoo
  12. Bregt wrote

I never had to pay for an SAE package. Has anybody experienced this? This is a lot of money and I'm wondering why that happened? This is just an assumption (I can get in ot Saturday), but I'm looking to see if someone has a similar story?

Bregt I can safely say I have never and I do mean NEVER had to pay income tax when I've made an order at SAE, and I've done so lots of times over the past 15 years. They have always printed the maximum amount of 25 dollars on the package, even when the order was 5 times that amount. This seems to be an uncommon mistake on their part.

I once sent them an e-mail complimenting them on the fact.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sorry to hear that Bregt, it's happened to me a handful of times ( the Goldsmith Fox Box comes immediately to mind ), it's a bloody pain in the bank.
  13. Timmer wrote
    Sorry to hear that Bregt, it's happened to me a handful of times ( the Goldsmith Fox Box comes immediately to mind ), it's a bloody pain in the bank.

I only had that with orders I've made at Amazon.com. If I'm not mistaken, never when ordering packages at SA

It's not fair that's for damn sure Bregt shame
  14. Is that a Customs tax?

I recall some FSM board members in other countries saying some postal places were getting wise to the lower amounts and occassionally charging to get it out of Customs.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.