• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008
    At the age of 83.

His music wasn't for everyone but he was one of the true pioneers, with Herrmann, North and Bernstein, in the 50s, blazing trails that advanced film music by aeons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008
    I'm sorry to hear this.

I was only listening to Fantastic Voyage two days ago too.
    His score to the 1978 animated Lord Of The Rings was thrashed to death years back.

Thankyou for the music Leonard.
  1. sad

East of Eden
    Rebel without a Cause
    The Cobweb
    Fantastic Voyage
    Lord of the Rings

Some great scores he wrote.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008 edited
    This one is for you Leonard.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSENNNNNNNNMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I'll create a playlist later tonight featuring music from the 13 scores of his that I have. I always enjoyed his music for THE LORD OF THE RINGS the most!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008 edited
    Really sorry to hear this sad

Enjoyed quite a few of his scores, particularly Prophecy which was never released.

The track HELMS DEEP from his Lord Of The Rings score has had hundreds of plays out of me and is as kick ass as you can get!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    This one is for you Leonard.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSENNNNNNNNMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I'll create a playlist later tonight featuring music from the 13 scores of his that I have. I always enjoyed his music for THE LORD OF THE RINGS the most!

-Erik-

Very dry Erik cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. oh, has he passed away? sad

Not really a favorite of mine too, but several I heard were still amusing, his Star Trek 4 score, his Robocop 2 worked in context

I only had a hard time getting into his LOTR score, but I never really gave it a lot of patience and effort
    Still this is sad news sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    oh, has he passed away? sad

Not really a favorite of mine too, but several I heard were still amusing, his Star Trek 4 score, his Robocop 2 worked in context

I only had a hard time getting into his LOTR score, but I never really gave it a lot of patience and effort

Put on the track HELMS DEEP and play it loud! punk
  3. Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I don't have it sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I don't have it sad

Ahhhh! But I thought you had the LOTR score?

Did you get rid of it?
  4. Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I don't have it sad

Ahhhh! But I thought you had the LOTR score?

Did you get rid of it?

No I rented this once in a library, so I heard some time ago
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I must admit I find it very difficult to get through the whole album but it certainly has a few highlights.

Though I think Shore's LOTR's scores are far superior, I don't think there's any singlular track from all three of them that comes close to Rosenman's Helms Deep track.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I've taken your suggestion to heart and I'm playing it now as my tribute to an underrated composer.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I've taken your suggestion to heart and I'm playing it now as my tribute to an underrated composer.

Respect Alan cool

I'm really surprised at how little response the passing of a greatly talented and original composer has gotten here at this board?
  6. Given the average scores players here receive in my 'Guess the Score' games, I tend to think that not a lot of pre-1980 music gets attention here if it wasn't written by Williams or Goldsmith.

I can't do much more buying this month, but I'm glad I didn't go for FSM's Blue Box. Next month the money will be better spent on BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES, JURIJ, and THE COBWEB. Listening to LORD OF THE RINGS and John Adams' re-recording of REBEL/EDEN made me think I don't know Rosenman well enough. If my household will stand it, FANTASTIC VOYAGE will be playing tonight.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think I'll get Jurij myself, and maybe his Planet of the Apes music. I'm going to dig Fantastic Voyage out from the vaults and give that one another try too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I'm really surprised at how little response the passing of a greatly talented and original composer has gotten here at this board?

Sorry Timmer. I feel a bit ashamed I know nothing of him.

Ofcourse, this is another legend I seem not to know more aout during his time on earth. Just like happened with Bernstein. But I guess that my knowledge will come later. Still young.

Anyway, this news makes me sad as well.
    Great names and composers disappear too soon.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Sorry Timmer. I feel a bit ashamed I know nothing of him.

Ofcourse, this is another legend I seem not to know more aout during his time on earth. Just like happened with Bernstein. But I guess that my knowledge will come later. Still young.

Anyway, this news makes me sad as well.
    Great names and composers disappear too soon.

The same happenned to me with Goldsmith. sad
  7. Southall wrote
    I think I'll get Jurij myself, and maybe his Planet of the Apes music. I'm going to dig Fantastic Voyage out from the vaults and give that one another try too.

Michael & James, Jurij is well worth getting.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He composed one of my favourite themes; The Voyage Home. That's pretty much the only Rosenman I'm familiar with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    He composed one of my favourite themes; The Voyage Home. That's pretty much the only Rosenman I'm familiar with.

OK, so who's going to do the usual joke?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008 edited
    There's a usual joke? (Keep in mind not all of us your are blessed with your vast knowledge of satirical wit. wink)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't get it. confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

OK, so who's going to do the usual joke?

Well, There was a Scotsman, an Irishman and an Englishman walked into a pub.....