• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007 edited
    Here members can fight against other members.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Terminate him.
    Immediately.

(Sorry Martijn, but that's such a great line I just had to use it! biggrin )

...Jordi keeps editing this thread, so that joke is now moot. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    Right. You, me, outside.
    Now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

...Jordi keeps editing this thread, so that joke is now moot. slant

I removed My "now Playing" in honor to Your "Now Playing"" because we posted the same thread almost in the same time. and Now Do you attack me???

what more else you want? i just wanted to be gentle!

(The topic of this room was a joke for the urgency of the situation)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Salt. Pinch of. Get the hint?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    I removed My "now Playing" in honor to Your "Now Playing"" because we posted the same thread almost in the same time. and Now Do you attack me???

Well, it IS a room fight...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Well, it IS a room fight...

touché!

I only wish the people who loves Lord of the Rings scores had so good arguments like you in this one moon
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    crazy crazy crazy angry crazy crazy crazy

I'm right psyched up now....so who's first?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    BRING IT ON!!!!

AAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm with the Spaniard! Let's kick some Brit butt! Remember the Armada!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    THE MADDER TIMMER GETS THE STRONGER TIMMER GETS

crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Take cover!
    It's a Timmer Hulk-Out! The 24-inch pythons are ready to go wild on YOU!
    NP: Real American - Hulk Hogan & the WWF
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    BRING IT ON!!!!

AAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

crazy

TIMMER AND STEVEN DESTROY PUNY ARMADA

And then have a quiet pint together beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think I'll just pull an Indy. kill
    There.
    All done.
    We win.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I think I'll just pull an Indy. kill
    There.
    All done.
    We win.

Your clogs are on fire! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Go wallow in lukewarm mint sauce. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Where did you find the machine gun emoticon?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Your windmill is broken! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Where did you find the machine gun emoticon?

-Erik-

Just quote him and you'll see wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    kill

Yayyyyy, we can all have one!

gawd bless Chuck Heston vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

You see that rusty bicycle with no saddle, broken spokes and with wooden wheels parked outside your broken windmill?

Yes, that one!

That's YOUR mode of transport that is! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Nautilus wrote
    I only wish the people who loves Lord of the Rings scores had so good arguments like you in this one moon

If I only knew it would make sense to come up with some good arguments, because you are kind of immune to them, so, quite frankly, I can think of better ways to spend my time. But I will give you one, just one, perfect reason why the LOTR score is loved by millions of people, and it is not even one of my favourite moments...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCH1WCSWLz0

Well, okay, as a matter of fact, this is one of my favourite moments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7m8tiXUMu0 from 1:10...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Nautilus wrote

If I only knew it would make sense to come up with some good arguments, because you are kind of immune to them, so, quite frankly, I can think of better ways to spend my time. But I will give you one, just one, perfect reason why the LOTR score is loved by millions of people, and it is not even one of my favourite moments...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCH1WCSWLz0

Well, okay, as a matter of fact, this is one of my favourite moments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7m8tiXUMu0 from 1:10...

Awwww Ralph, c'mon man this is Room Fight?! Don't go all Clockwork Orange an try an rehabilitate him with videos, get medieval on his ass and duff him up! rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What are we arguing about here? Are we serious??!?

I mean i watched the "fight" going on in SR the last couple of days but didn't pay too much attention but i am dead-serious here J, i know you were let-down by the full, 4CD versions of the scores but screw them and open your ears up a bit! How can one be actually meaning it that LOTR is flawed? Have you watched the LOTR symphony DVD's?! We're talking about one of the top-10 scores of all time if you ask me; each and every little aspect of it, from the primeval awe-inspiring arrangements to the mammoth brass, from the pounding percussion to the larger than life choirs and the heartbreakingly melodic themes or the gorgeously lyrical instrumental soli, LOTR is one absolutely massive phenomenon, a work of singular excellence in everything musical, a PURE masterpiece.

You can't argue about it, i am sorry; if you can't listen it yourself then i can't think of a single logical argument that will ever fix that part of your brain which is kinda troubled with this tongue wink It's not snobbism or anything like that; it's just there for everyone to observe and generations to come that'll equally enjoy it, i am positively sure about it. LOTR is a milestone in the history of film music and there's no doubt about it.

Now; next subject.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh I dunno.
    I kinda admire the kind of bloke who stands up, makes a statement as controversial as that and puts it down as fact.
    Kinda reminds me of me. biggrin

That aside though I do find myself in some sort of agreement with Jordi: I doubt very seriously whether The Lord Of The Rings film franchise (and that includes the soundtracks) will become as pervading in pop culture as other icons have.
    The James Bond theme, the two Jaws notes, the Star Wars fanfare will be recognized in fifty years time still, while no one will be able to hum a not of any of The Lord Of The Rings scores.

I've had this discussion with Ralph before, and I still stand by that point.
    All I have to do to prove it is merely wait half a century. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    ...that's not to say, incidentally, I don't like the scores (in fact, it's been so long, I think I'll give Fellowship another whirl in a minute!).

But I sure as hell prefer Star Wars. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, depends on how you define a masterpiece. I, for one, don't think that it is limited down to which melodies the masses are going to recognize in half a century from now on; there are numerous other objective criteria under which one can filter and judge a work as to whether it is actually a one-of-a-time one and i think the LOTR scores' trilogy meets all of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Oh this casual "room" is working! Im glad!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    Oh this casual "room" is working! Im glad!

kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    It would be wise to remember this thread.