• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008
    I just recently got my hands on (well, it's still in the post actually) the Half Life 2 soundtrack CD from Ebay, which is a very rare CD that was only available through the Gold Edition, which was something like 100$. I payed 100$ for the soundtrack. Slightly crazy I guess, but it's always nice to add a rare soundtrack to your CD collection. Sure, you can download them easily, but nothing's as good as seeing it on your shelf, and ripping it in whatever quality you please.

So, how much would you pay for a hard to find soundtrack/score? What's the total price you've payed in the past, and what was it for?
    I'm trying to stock up on the fantasy RPG - Jeremy Soule, Inon Zur, Michael Hoenig - scores, so far i've got my hands on the Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 score, Icewind Dale 1, still looking for 2, and I might be in luck with finding the Giants - Citizen Kabuto score, I will know tomorrow. All of them are rare, especially the Giants one wink

Sorry if this topic has been done before, or is pointless. I'm pretty new here sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Depends what it is to be honest. I'd happily pay a fair amount if it was for something I really wanted.
  1. I guess my most expensive score was the 2 CD deal of Gettysburg, was around 42 dollars! Not totally expensive but takeable smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Paid $40 for Ed Shearmur's Court of Monte Cristo. Guess that's my most expensive CD. However I did get two free bonus CDs from that seller, including Broughton's Jeremiah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I think about $45 for Mancina's Twister was the most I've ever payed.

There are a few scores I'd pay upwards of $150 or so though if I ever saw them...the sad thing is they'd probably sell for more than that. Like the academy promo of Silvestri's The Polar Express.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. I payed $40 for James Horner's Commando.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008
    $40 for Temple of Doom. That's the most I've ever spent on one CD.

However, the best purchases I ever made was $50 for the Star Wars Fox Box (and I'm soooo glad I hung onto it... one of the greatest soundtrack releases of all time!) and $3.99 for the original The Witches of Eastwick. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    $40 for Temple of Doom. That's the most I've ever spent on one CD.

However, the best purchases I ever made was $50 for the Star Wars Fox Box (and I'm soooo glad I hung onto it... one of the greatest soundtrack releases of all time!) and $3.99 for the original The Witches of Eastwick. wink

-Erik-

Man, hard to beat the 'Witches' purchase but I got the Fox Box for around the same price cool

I'd guess that allowing for inflation the most expensive purchase for me was the original release on LP of John Barry's BODY HEAT back in 1983 which cost me £22.99 from Dean St in London.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Are the Indy scores insanley rare on CD? I REALLY want to get them. sad

Most expensive CD I've bought would be Endurance for £30 ($60). wink Well worth it though, plus I've now got it signed! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Most expensive CD I've bought would be Endurance for £30 ($60). wink Well worth it though, plus I've now got it signed! biggrin

Just excercise some patience, like Horner's 'Trek' scores I feel sure we'll see them all released and expanded sooner or later!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Just excercise some patience, like Horner's 'Trek' scores I feel sure we'll see them all released and expanded sooner or later!?

Don't, it's too painful. I lost faith a looong time ago Brotha... sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Don't, it's too painful. I lost faith a looong time ago Brotha... sad

Steven, how'd you think I felt? I waited 30 years 30 EFFING YEARS!!! for the expanded James Bond releases, my holy grail from day 1 sad

Of course, I'm a happy bunny now! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm quite lucky in that I have most of my Holy Grails. (Some rare, some not.)

I do hope we see expanded releases of Horner's Trek scores though, certainly a Holy Grail of mine too. Intrada (and the like) would be silly not to invest in such a product as they would sell faster than Superman on speed! (Assuming it's possible in the legal sense? I dunno, I'm no expert in that field.)

Still, I'm glad we have some form of release... albeit ancient.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'm quite lucky in that I have most of my Holy Grails. (Some rare, some not.)

I do hope we see expanded releases of Horner's Trek scores though, certainly a Holy Grail of mine too. Intrada (and the like) would be silly not to invest in such a product as they would sell faster than Superman on speed! (Assuming it's possible in the legal sense? I dunno, I'm no expert in that field.)

Still, I'm glad we have some form of release... albeit ancient.

MMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMMmmmmm!!!!

A big box set of Trek scores ala FSM's Blue Box would be scoregasmicallyfantabulous explode biggrin

Especially if they could include the scores from the old 1970's cartoon series amongst bonuses.

Ahhhhhhh! cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've got 3:

Cody Banks complete - Got it.
    George of the Jungle complete - Badly want it!
    Paycheck complete - Hope it's coming soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    How much would you pay for a rare soundtrack/score?

What a hard question.
    Whatever I'd think it would be worth, I suppose.

There's not very much that's still on my Must Get list, so I've calmed down quite a bit, but through one of the posters on this board, I've just purchased Lalo Schifrin's The Four Musketeers, which I'd been looking for for many years.
    It's cost me 31 Euros (about $46 ), which might be classified as not very cheap, I guess.
    But as I really wanted this CD, and was very happy to be finally able to get it, it pretty much was a no-brainer to me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've seen copies of Rat Race on eBay going for over $100. Nuts. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Wow.

I like the score, but I hardly think it's Powell's very best.

Most I've paid (I think I mentioned this before) was for Georges Delerue's epic La Revolution Française (I think I paid 100 quid / 130 Euros / $ 200 for that one.)
    I was young, I was wild, just had my bonus in.
    Haven't regretted it for a second though!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm up for paying more for things I really want and are hard to get, but most regular things I won't spend over £10 on. I recently bought a load of JNH CD's for £7 each which was good. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Wow.

I like the score, but I hardly think it's Powell's very best.

Most I've paid (I think I mentioned this before) was for Georges Delerue's epic La Revolution Française (I think I paid 100 quid / 130 Euros / $ 200 for that one.)
    I was young, I was wild, just had my bonus in.
    Haven't regretted it for a second though!

And that's EXACTLY why it was worth it! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You ain't talking jive, is what you ain't! punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's because you've had to force yourself to like it because of how much you spent on it wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not a chance.
    It's Delerue.
    love
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Not a chance.
    It's Delerue.
    love

Said! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008
    Not a single penny more than a logical, average price; you see, i am WAY FAR from your average score cd collector junkie wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. I've paid $35 each for Trevor Jones' "Dinotopia" and "Cleopatra" a few years ago. But, never again would I do that. $20 is now my limit.

Anthony wrote

Would it be wrong for me to mention that I purchased Endurance a couple weeks ago for $1.95? tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    muckle_dabuckle wrote
    I've paid $35 each for Trevor Jones' "Dinotopia" and "Cleopatra" a few years ago. But, never again would I do that. $20 is now my limit.

Anthony wrote

Would it be wrong for me to mention that I purchased Endurance a couple weeks ago for $1.95? tongue

Sure! As long as the value to you is far more than that?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008 edited
    I think the most insane thing I've ever seen a CD sell for, was the Academy Promo of 60 minutes from Mark Mancina's Brother Bear. It was sold for 800,- dollars on Ebay! shocked

Personally, I bought Howard Shore's Looking For Richard for 40,- euro's, which is probably my personal record of paying for a single CD. I would pay more for very rare stuff, but as Martijn says, it totally depends on what score and the probability of availability in the future (like, I'd pay good money for the Indy trilogy, but I wouldn't spend 100,- for a single CD at the moment, since I'd like to wait if they'll rerelease them come Indy 4).
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Most of the rare scores I've purchased in the past where very cheap. In fact, some of them cost me 1 euro.

I sometimes go crazy and pay 10 euros for a rare Dutch score. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You mad boy!
    wink