• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008 edited
    I'm off to China tomorrow. For 10 days, so until March 18th.

From Beijing to Xi'An to Suzhou/Hangzhou to Shangai, the triangle most fist time tourists do. We're visiting the Great Wall by bike, Tian'Amian Square, Chinese gardens and villages, the Terracotta Army, Medicine Market, silk factory, ...

I so hoooooope I can enter a Chinese internet café to see what happens here. I know it's all far from finished, but I know you're all gonna get used to it for a little while! You're all great!

I'll return (hopefully) with lost of pictures and stories, and if you don'tmind, I'll tell them here as well. smile

Goodnight! wave cheesy

NP: Last Shift from Lions for Lambs (Mark Isham): what a track!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008
    Hee hee, we'll bitch and moan about the last second changes you've implemented (have you learned NOTHINg, Bregt? NEVER make a rigorous change just before leaving) and curse you as you are now solely responsible for all the ill on the web, and support the evil regime in China to boot!

biggrin

Enjoy yourself, buddy.
    You've deserved the time off.
    We'll keep an eye on things here.

Now where is that Mass Ban Button you promised I could have?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Hee hee, we'll bitch and moan about the last second changes you've implemented (have you learned NOTHINg, Bregt? NEVER make a rigorous change just before leaving) and curse you as you are now solely responsible for all the ill on the web, and support the evil regime in China to boot!

I know, I don't know why I did go through so much trouble. It just came together and today was like one of the last days, so I couldn't like leave it to an unfinished end.

I know now, and I'll probably do the same next time as well. biggrin wink

smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wow, I'm envious! CHINA!! Always been one of my favourite destinations to visit.

Bon voyage!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008
    And they said that only Nixon could go to China. Evidently they were wrong! Have fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As Martijn said already, you deserve each and every minute of leisure and holidays you'll have mate; not only for your hard work for our great company and community but primarily because you're a very cool guy and deserving all the best you can geT! I, for one, am wishing you ALL the best and loads of heavy fun to be had! smile wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm envious Bregt!

Have a great time and tell us of your adventures. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Awww, Bregt, that sounds like The Best Time Ever you'll have over there! Biking by the wall? That must be awesome! So, have fun!!

Now let's hope you see this from some kind of internetcafe connection, since you've probably already left and I didn't get to say goodbye sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008 edited
    Bregt, have a great trip to China! cheesy
    Is it just vacation? I thought for work, studies perhaps?

Just take my advise: forget this site the moment you leave home. You can still be here and worry about it every other day of your life! You don't have the chance to enjoy China every day of your life, so I hope you'll enjoy every minute of it while you're there.
    smile

I look forward to your stories after you've come back. wink (You don't travel all the way over there to see a Chinese internet café I hope!)

Bye Bregt, have a good time!! And have a healthy well deserved MT break! wave kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know a sure-fire way of making sure Bregt won't be able to even access MT, even if he finds a cybercafe.

FREE TIBET FROM ITS OPPRESSORS!
    TAIPEI IS THE TRUE CHINESE CAPITAL!

There.
    We've just been blocked by every government bot in the whole of China.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote

There.

biggrin biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I know a sure-fire way of making sure Bregt won't be able to even access MT, even if he finds a cybercafe.

There.

punk beer

I almost booked a flight to Tibet from a travel agent in Kathmandu ( it's less than an hours flight to the capital Lhasa ) but was put off after finding out our visit was very controlled and we'd be led around by Chinese guides. slant

Went Jungle trekking in Chitwan instead cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

There.

biggrin biggrin lol biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2008
    Martijn wrote

There.

It's not workin' mate; i have valid info that maintitles.net can still be accessed from China...do you want me to copy+paste that tasteless facebook comment that has shrank me off your friends' list? cry wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008 edited
    It's in the middle of the night, and Bregt just woke me with a textmessage saying he's loving China, and if I could pass it on to you guys. So, here goes;

"Everything is well over here, incredibly dirty air, funny food and weird situations with sellers, incredibly beautiful temples, and a lot of <<weird Belgian word I haven't figured out yet>>. Greets and pass it on to the forum[...]"

So, I awnser him and tell him not to go to an internetcafe but instead have fun, send the message, and only then, after I sent it, the second part of his message arrives...

"Please do not awnser me with a textmessage! I might be able to get on the internet tomorrow"

dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008
    Go Bregt! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hehehe... well, I expect his visit to the Temple of Internet will be the highlight of his stay over there!
    wink

What was the Belgian word? I live more south, maybe I understand. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I imagine him walking around with his cool bag on his back having fun and taking photos all the time...that'd be cool; but how damned is he that every single step he'll make, maintitles.net will be in his mind? biggrin no?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Perhaps he needs a woman? Maybe that would help? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I am NOT China's biggest fan. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Poor kitties!!! cry cry cry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    For the Olympics? What a load of bull. angry
  1. BobdH wrote
    <<weird Belgian word I haven't figured out yet

Well you got me curious now. Maybe it's in GENTS (as in the language of GHENT).
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Extremely upsetting stuff!

And as we know, they're human rights issues leave a lot to be desired too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, for all you weird Belgians over here, this is how the original text goes, as received by BobdH at 10/03/08, 00:26u.:

"skeve situaties met verkopers, supermooie tempels en veel brol"

I was already glad I got the first one: "skeve". That's clearly "weird". But the second one left me puzzled (it has no context! Bregt should never use Belgian words without a context!)... Was it "nonsense"? "Ugly/dirty things"? Or "hilarity"? It's either one of those... And with you guys, they're clearly close siblings slant
  2. BobdH wrote
    Well, for all you weird Belgians over here, this is how the original text goes, as received by BobdH at 10/03/08, 00:26u.:

"skeve situaties met verkopers, supermooie tempels en veel brol"

I was already glad I got the first one: "skeve". That's clearly "weird". But the second one left me puzzled (it has no context! Bregt should never use Belgian words without a context!)... Was it "nonsense"? "Ugly/dirty things"? Or "hilarity"? It's either one of those... And with you guys, they're clearly close siblings slant

Well If I may be so bold as a weird Belgian, here's my translation of this

Skeve Situaties met verkopers: I thing he means situations with sellers that aren't nice, friendly, righteous or honest (seems to be Bregt is already in trouble after a day biggrin )

Supermooie Tempels: or he actually refers to the wonderful temples over there, or he's referring to a nice girl with wonderful temples wink (anyhoo its about time Bregt starts looking at girls biggrin )

en veel brol: a lot of crap

There you have it, Bregts in China but he's still here wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

I know this is extremely politically incorrect on my behalf, but really, i hate that sh*t-hole. There; i said it.
    Before you send in hate-mail, do a little thinking on some facts first. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Me too! Never liked it! That whole Asian continent thingy. Never got it. They're weird. And evil. With weird, evil sense of humor. They're, like, a world from us apart. I do like traditional China from a few centuries ago, though, yet I'm not so fond of the way they treated woman back then. That's evil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BobdH wrote
    Me too! Never liked it! That whole Asian continent thingy. Never got it.

I find Asia fascinating, for lots of reasons. Besides, have you seen the korean girls? They are GORGEOUS! lick
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Marselus wrote
    Besides, have you seen the korean girls? They are GORGEOUS! lick

Oh, no. Can't get into them either. Erm... you know what I mean slant