• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008 edited
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but i've just found out a few days ago the alternate ending of I am Legend was put up online, you can view it here - http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/ … s-amazing/
    Apparently it focuses more on the ending of the book, it's interesting to read what the guy on this site says, although I must say, I preferred the original ending.

What do you guys think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008 edited
    I read his description as well, but I fail to see how this caters the ending of the book more... It's different, but not necessarily better or worse. In showing a sensitive side of the creatures, it appears the director goes against the type of creature that was set up before; it just doesn't make sense if you look at the way they behaved before. Lawrence didn't build up to this, so its hard to accept. They still should've gone with the original ending of the book.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2008
    It's even more weird than the final cut...zombie sex (essentially)! dizzy

I still say WTF.

And what was the books ending?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    As the description beneath the clip also says, in the book ending, Neville realises that, now the entire population of the world are vampires (the former mythological creatures), it's now he, the human, who has become the legend. That's pretty much how it ends.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's so much better. Does he die in the book then or just continue living in New York?
    •  
      CommentAuthorscorephile
    I just saw the movie with the original and alternate ending, and frankly from what I've read the ending from the book would have been so much better. I thought the movie was really great (particularly regarding his loneliness and relationship with his dog) until Anna showed up. At the beginning, he seemed suspicious with her and it would have made more sense to follow the book from there. You can tell they changed the ending at the last minute.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Any idea why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorscorephile
    I think the studio thought the ending would be too dark for the audience. Personally, I cannot believe people still need a happy ending to enjoy a movie. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2008 edited
    scorephile wrote
    I just saw the movie with the original and alternate ending, and frankly from what I've read the ending from the book would have been so much better. I thought the movie was really great (particularly regarding his loneliness and relationship with his dog) until Anna showed up.

Exactly my thoughts. I can´t understand why they think that the audience is not "prepared" for an ending that is not happiness and flowers everywhere.
    The impact that the book ending would have provided to the audience would have been impressive. Anyway, at least it´s an entertaining film and allowed James Newton Howard to show what he is capable of.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    At least the alternate ending uses JNH's finale cue ("I'm Sorry"), that's not in the final cut of the movie at all if I'm correct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008
    Where I have to click to view the alternarte ending?

I changed my compoter...and I have some problems with the flash player ( and I have installed the last version)