• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Bregt wrote
    Sticking indeed.

I know, I'm stubborn knight
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    Mozzy 3.5 is faster, but my google toolbar is broken now sad
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    Chrome is nice, but no addons so a no-no for me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Chrome is VERY fast, so I use it if I really just want a no-frills quick check (I really like the visual bookmarks on the home page. Makes for lighting fast browsing ).

For proper, in-depth, casual browsing and site perusal, I keep with Firefox.
    It's just totally geared up for my needs with the exact add-ons I need and use extremely regularly.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Which add-ons do you use Martijn?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I use it for the same reason as Martijn, whenever i just to surf and see something, without addons. 'Cause it's very fast; interesting to see how it'll act in comparison to Firefox, if Google decides to add add-ons too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Which add-ons do you use Martijn?

In blue the ones I use really often, or find really useful.

* BugMeNot - will fill in random codes to logon forms on sites you want to check but require registration (and you're unwilling to do so for whatever reason)
    * CheckFox - will quickly check or uncheck all checkboxes on a webpage
    * ColoUnREaDTabs - highlights tabs I haven't read yet in bold red letters (useful as I generally have something like 30 tabs open at any given browser session. dizzy )
    * CustomizeGoogle - just some random Google tweaks (ad removers and such)
    * DownloadHelper - specifically geared towards downloading web videos, like YouTube
    * DownThemAll - download organizer and accelerator. Includes scripts for downloading all links from a web page.
    * FEBE - Firefox backup extension: backs up your entire configuration, your add-ons and your passwords in a safe manner
    * Flagfox - shows the country of the site in the address bar (not very useful...but it IS interesting. For example, next to http://www.maintitles.net I can see a little Belgian flag now. smile )
    * Flashblock - blocks all flash animation and replaces it with an action button so you can select which animations you want to see
    * GmailManager - checks all GMail accounts you manage in one go; works through a gmail checker icon in the satus bar
    * GoogleToolbarforFirefox - standard Google toolbar. I'm very used to it in IE so I'm happy it's available on Firefox as well, although it's -strictly speaking- not really necessary.
    * Greasemonkey - script manager that activates scripts that decide the look and feel of any web page. Basically it's an add-on that's an add-on manager!
    * IETab - opens a web page with the Internet Explorer engine rather than Firefox' one. This is EXTREMELY useful for sites that have scripted specifically for IE.
    * * InFormEnter - allows you pre-define many user info fields such as name fields, address fields et cetera, so you can just click to fill those in at any given web site in rather than having to type them over and over again.
    LazarusFormRecovery - the add-on that's a gift from the heavens: it will remember any text you type in in any form, or forum post and recover it if you happen to lose your connection, accidentally browse away or in any other way lose your place. This is one of the BEST add-ons EVER.
    * MalwareSearch - just for security
    * NewTabHomepage - opens my home page (google) when I open a new tab.
    * OptionsMenu - declutters the options menu in Firefox
    * PasswordExporter - exports your passwords into Excel (encrypted if required)
    * PDFDownload - offers several options for PDF files
    * Print/PrintPreview[/blue] - rather than just the standard Print button, offers a print preview, and a page setup option.
    * QuickJava - offers an extra button to quickly enable/disable Java and JavaScript. Very useful for "joke" sites with java popup screens.
    * ReaditLater - basically just adds an extra folder in your bookmarks, and adds sites you want to save for later perusal, but don't want to actually bookmark.
    * SearchbarAutosizer - just an esthetic modification. Adjusts the search bar size to accomodate your search phrase(s)
    * SecureLogin - checks for logon requests on any web page and offers secure logon options
    * TabHistory - history is saved per tab, rather than per browser session
    * UndoClosedTabsButton - does pretty much what it says. smile
    * YahooMailNotifier - automatically checks all your yahoo mail; yahoo mail checker icon in the status bar
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    DOES YOUR FIREFOX ACTUALLY WORK? with all that stuff?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited
    No.
    Any reply of mine you might read here is a figment of your overheated imagination.
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009
    Some other add-ons that I found via someone at work:

SmarterFox: makes surfing and searching a lot quicker, for example, when you double-click or select something in a text, it will show a context menu to look up the word on several sites (google, or wikipedia, or ...). the shortcut CTRL + SPACE opens a quick dialog for searching or going quickly to a website

WiseStamp: lets you create/edit and markup a signature for all online email services (GMail, Hotmail, ...) Very very handy. There's one for Personal and Business/Work, and it changes so smoothly, with lots of options to include links to social networks and whatnot.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Btw, thanks for your list Martijn! (hadn't thanked you for the awesome Lazarus and InFormEnter)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    cool
  3. Yes, thanks for that one too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    YouTube will npo longer support IE6 in the near future. punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote

WIN for Bregt!
  4. and koko
  5. Bregt wrote

ah man crazy
  6. lol

Just change the browser, will you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am sure he does it in purpose to annoy Bregt biggrin
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    I am sure he does it in purpose to annoy Bregt biggrin

of course
    somebody has to do that around here smile
  8. I've de installed Firefox, really don't know what's so good about it (though the grammar control was excellent)

I've installed IE8, so let's if this is good enough
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I've de installed Firefox, really don't know what's so good about it

Very, very, very, very, very simple: ADD-ONS.
  9. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I've de installed Firefox, really don't know what's so good about it

Very, very, very, very, very simple: ADD-ONS.

bwah, I use it just for surfing, I don't care about that
    same with the PS3, I don't care about putting a theme to it, or specializing it to my needs
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Made some significant (positive) impact on my internet presence, but hey-ho. Whatever suits your needs best. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    IT IS FASTER. IT IS BETTER!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Ye, in my opinion, anything is better than IE.

I'm still amazed by the speed of Chrome. It's become my browser for email (gmail) and google docs. It just sits there all day long and practically uses no memory. Bit too lightweight for me as a programmer for intensive working/surfing, though, and the bookmarks functionality is seriously underdeveloped.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  10. Bregt wrote
    IT IS FASTER. IT IS BETTER!

it wasn't that fast to make me change to it, better perhaps, I probably have tested its possibilities by a mere percentage

anyhoo, so far I've tried it and it wasn't that better to change to it permanently
  11. Well I can testify Firefox is indeed better and faster, and every bit as compatible as IE is. I'm sticking with it.

Shame you uninstalled it bud. I guess this topic can go on a bit longer then. Let the war continue. dizzy

In the end there can be only one winner. Now whose side you wanna be on? tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.