• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    Just out of curiosity I was wondering what do you do for a living (or at least how you try to make for a living wink ).
    To be fair I´ll start the thing: I´m a private detective (no kidding here biggrin ).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I'm a customer service rep for a cabinetry supplier.

In a few years I will be a published fantasy novelist. biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008 edited
    Freelancer, Video Director, Editor and Cameraman.

See some of my work HERE Ignore the user name.

And woodsdigitalmedia.com is coming soon... wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I occasionally go to uni when I feel like it to sometimes study Geography.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm unemployed at the moment, but coming right off a position as Assistant Professor in Media Studies at the Institute of Media and Communication at the University of Oslo.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Just out of curiosity I was wondering what do you do for a living (or at least how you try to make for a living wink ).
    To be fair I´ll start the thing: I´m a private detective (no kidding here biggrin ).

You're a WHAT?!? Careful what you'll answer 'cause i have two very difficult tasks for ya!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Currently unemployed. I was going to start with a my social worker study, but unfortunately it has been moved forward to september. But I'm doing volonteering work in a arthouse cinema and old people's home center.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote

A private detective?! No way! cheesy biggrin Do you get to follow people down dark alleys and spy on them?

As I'm sure you all know, I work in a crappy call centre. I'm looking for other jobs at the moment though! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    I was a news journalist for 15 years (I worked as a news editor on Metro among other places), then switched gears two years ago and now run MovieScore Media. Mainly work as a soundtrack producer, but also as a film music consultant, composer and film music journalist.

mc
  1. I work for an Insurance Company, as logistic employee
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    How do you become a producer? I'd love to do a job like that. cheesy
  2. I'm Justin Boggan -- Lord of the Rejected Scores.

Also, I'm the Evil Overlord. But don't tell anyone.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    A private detective?! No way! cheesy biggrin Do you get to follow people down dark alleys and spy on them?

Yes I follow people everyday....not always through dark alleys though. punk

By the way, thank you all, nice to know you a little more. Some interesting jobs around here kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    moviescore wrote
    I was a news journalist for 15 years (I worked as a news editor on Metro among other places), then switched gears two years ago and now run MovieScore Media. Mainly work as a soundtrack producer, but also as a film music consultant, composer and film music journalist.

mc

And you know I'm really envious of you having managed to get such a position here in Scandinavia!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    ....coming right off a position as Assistant Professor in Media Studies at the Institute of Media and Communication at the University of Oslo.

This sounds pretty interesting Thor. Good luck! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I'm an English teacher currently at the private sector but from September and on I will work for the public education sector.I love teaching and I hope someday soon that I will have the chance to teacher something more than grammar,vocadulary and syntax that is literature!
    Many different and interesting jobs you guys! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I want Marselus's job! Do you have tons of James-Bond like gadgets? Bugging people's phones? A tuxedos under a wetsuit? Invisible car? The usual... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I want Marselus's job! Do you have tons of James-Bond like gadgets? Bugging people's phones? A tuxedos under a wetsuit? Invisible car? The usual... tongue

I wish!
    Unfortunately there´s not much of the stuff you mention.....oh, and before you ask, there are no hot girls like in the movies! crazy (I´ve worked with some nice detective girls though....a long time ago cry).

I´m pretty good at being invisible though biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Yes I follow people everyday....not always through dark alleys though. punk

Prove it! We want a photo of Justin and one of Nautilus' girlfriend!
  3. ?Christodouli-something-or-other means Justin Timberlake.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

Man, what's wrong with you? You forgot the most crucial of them all: HOT CHICKS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Did i mention i am a love doctor btw?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Man, what's wrong with you? You forgot the most crucial of them all: HOT CHICKS!

As I´ve mentioned, not hot chicks, not femme fatale stuff sad

Christodoulides wrote
    Prove it! We want a photo of Justin and one of Nautilus' girlfriend! ]

I´ll work on the second one wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    Prove it! We want a photo of Justin and one of Nautilus' girlfriend!

Yeah! And find out what happened to Bregt's dead cat!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I wish!
    Unfortunately there´s not much of the stuff you mention.....oh, and before you ask, there are no hot girls like in the movies! crazy (I´ve worked with some nice detective girls though....a long time ago cry).

I´m pretty good at being invisible though biggrin

lol! From now I'm only going to be able to picture you as a secret government agent. biggrin Any tips on staying invisible? I need to know for my stalki...general life of invisibleness. wink tongue
  4. Some interesting stuff that people do!

I work as a biological research scientist for a company that produces dressings to treat people with wounds that take ages to heal. It involves working in the lab, writing research articles (if I'm lucky), travelling to conferences (if I'm lucky!) & lecturing to nurses, physicians, etc.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    I am finishing my last year at the uni (bachelor at Musicology), hopefully this summer and in the meantime i am working as an assistant sound engineer, both on stage (live), recordings (studio and live) and also personally handling mixing and sound editing projects. I am also dealing with video editing and i am a cameraman for the university for the time being, in a few days when my own High Definition camcorder babe will arrive, i'll start taking private projects as well, i already have semi-booked stuff on the works.
  5. Writing my MA thesis in 16th century Polish literature, plan to Ph. D. A dream I have is to become a filmmaker.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Writing my MA thesis in 16th century Polish literature, plan to Ph. D. A dream I have is to become a filmmaker.

And what a dream. I dream of that too... emphasis on the dream!
    • CommentAuthorpmrsim
    Customer services for an insurance contractor... and hating every second of it. Desperately job-hunting for something new at the moment.