• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    pmrsim wrote
    Customer services for an insurance contractor... and hating every second of it. Desperately job-hunting for something new at the moment.

Hmm. I actually love my customer service job. They let me listen to scores all day!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Did i mention i am a love doctor btw?

Dear Love Doctor,

I'm full of too much love and am scared I might explode, I was hoping to spread the love everywhere but unfortunately my house is beseiged by giant Bees and concrete devouring wasps, I doubt I'll get out alive unless I can read the instructions ( in Icelandic unfortunately ) to Jules Verne's giant earth eating machine which will allow me to go to the center of the Earth to live with the Venusians, with granite eating stainless steel teeth coated in diamonds that I can ill afford that I'll end up having to mine myself which I'm happy to do except I can't get out of the house in the first place to parachute into South Africa because I'm being beseiged by giant Bees and.....

Help me Love Doctor....you're my only hope?

Tim
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    lol! From now I'm only going to be able to picture you as a secret government agent. biggrin Any tips on staying invisible? I need to know for my stalki...general life of invisibleness. wink tongue

A little tip: the best way to stay invisible is not to try to stay invisible. Trust me, it works.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    I work as a biological research scientist for a company that produces dressings to treat people with wounds that take ages to heal. It involves working in the lab, writing research articles (if I'm lucky), travelling to conferences (if I'm lucky!) & lecturing to nurses, physicians, etc

Wow Alan, this sounds pretty serious. I love the "lecturing to nurses" part biggrin

Christodoulides wrote
    I am finishing my last year at the uni (bachelor at Musicology), hopefully this summer and in the meantime i am working as an assistant sound engineer, both on stage (live), recordings (studio and live) and also personally handling mixing and sound editing projects. I am also dealing with video editing and i am a cameraman for the university for the time being, in a few days when my own High Definition camcorder babe will arrive, i'll start taking private projects as well, i already have semi-booked stuff on the works.

shocked
    That´s a lot of work mate. Do you multiply yourself to do everything? wink

PawelStroinski wrote
    Writing my MA thesis in 16th century Polish literature

A thesis! Polish Literature! 16th century! omg wink

Scribe wrote
    Hmm. I actually love my customer service job. They let me listen to scores all day!

Lucky guy, I hate you! crazy tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    pmrsim wrote
    Customer services for an insurance contractor... and hating every second of it. Desperately job-hunting for something new at the moment.

Are you in a call centre? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

You're certainly in need of some doctor or another... biggrin

Me, I'm vying for the exalted post of Global Dictator, waiting patiently to be supplicated by the masses towards my destiny. Though, in all honesty, it's rather quiet on the people's front (with the exception of a short communique out of Belgium, where apparently they're gagging for some proper leadership).

In the meantime though I'm an IT professional... HOLD ON! Don't stop reading just yet! Yes, I know, would desperately that I had taken up treasure hunting, professional sky-diving/modelling/acting, well-paid mountaineering-cum-nuclear physics expert ... but unfortunately... it was not to be (lucky though,as I probably wouldn't be scribbling on soundtrack review forums then, but rather starring in a movie about a radiologist jumping out of an airplane to the top of Mount Everest to excavate Nazi gold!)... But I digress.

I'm currently a contractor to Shell in the Netherlands, employed as project manager trying to make the IT infrastructure for businesses around the world better, which is a brilliant job (until they outsource the whole damn thing to whatever country is now offering sub-one-cent-per-day wages) as I'm talking to people all over the world! So no, I'm not a programmer-type spending most of my days in a daylight-forbidding room typing out code to go home and play World of Warcraft until 3 AM. Just to clear that up! :-)

The fantastic thing is that I get to meet loads of people all over the globe, which is absolutely fascinating! It's that stimulating environment that got me to pick up my neglected studies again, and so now I'm finally writing my thesis (after a 15 year hiatus...).

Though apparently Shell offers a lot of opportunity for traveling across the globe, for some mysterious reason Shell has only given me the opportunity to fly to Wythenshawe in the UK twice (which is about as exciting as Stoke-On-Trent on a particularly dreary Thursday evening).
    I *am* trying to concentrate on the infrastructure in South America, or the Pacific in a pinch, but I got stuck on Hamburg and Brussels again now... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndy
    System Developer
    Cookie monster
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Shell has only given me the opportunity to fly to Wythenshawe in the UK twice (which is about as exciting as Stoke-On-Trent on a particularly dreary Thursday evening).

Are you saying there's something wrong with Stoke-On-Trent on a Thursday? angry wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Andy wrote
    System Developer

Jeez, Andy, you could have divulged a bit of your checkered past in some more detail here! Hey, we're all friends! Come on! Tell us about your days as a paramilitary commando in the Congo! Or your tiger-hunting days in Borneo! How you were offered a million dollars by top corporations for Scorereviews, but refused on principle!
    Cone oooooon!

Anthony wrote
    Are you saying there's something wrong with Stoke-On-Trent on a Thursday? angry

There's something VERY wrong with anyone mentioning Stoke-On-Trent on ANY given day of the week...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    In the meantime though I'm an IT professional... HOLD ON! Don't stop reading just yet! Yes, I know, would desperately that I had taken up treasure hunting, professional sky-diving/modelling/acting, well-paid mountaineering-cum-nuclear physics expert ... but unfortunately... it was not to be (lucky though,as I probably wouldn't be scribbling on soundtrack review forums then, but rather starring in a movie about a radiologist jumping out of an airplane to the top of Mount Everest to excavate Nazi gold!)

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I teach humanist ethical and world view education in two primary schools. That takes me about 5 hours a week, if you count the hours I teach. That's also the hours I get paid by the way and it's freelance. If you add preparing lessons, feedback with collegues, travelling etc the whole job takes two and a half days a week. It's a great job, considering what it means what I'm actually doing. But the conditions are not so great and the future is very uncertain, so that's a shame really.
    smile

I'm also a stand-by worker for Chocolate Girl, a company that rents chocolate fontains for parties etc. It's just for fun. I work about one day every two months, so that isn't making me rich either...! But it's a lot of fun.
    eat lick eat

Once in a while I apply for a parttime job like working in a store on saturdays or something, but apparently I'm way too old for that or the fact that I have kids scares them off... they want young, cheap and independent people for jobs like that. Plus, I am always trying to avoid using day care for the kids. So, that doesn't leave too many opportunities of course. Except, yes, teaching in primary school. That's perfect if you have kids in school yourself!

So, at the moment I'm wondering a bit where this is all going. I'd love to go back to school again. Yes, again. But it will be tough when there's an extra 24 hours a week studies plus the hours I need to work to pay for it. That will add up to fulltime and I was just enjoying the time with my children! It's not easy when you have kids and no education to find a nice job.
    dizzy

Speaking of my teaching job, I was asked to give a workshop at a gathering of teachers next week, so I'm very proud to do that and I should really get back to work now to have it all finished in time!
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Brilliant!
    Let us know how that goes, Bregje!
    It's things like that -workshops and the like- that can really get a foot in the door towards doing what you so obviously love to do on a more structured and professionally constructive level: people knowing what you're doing and knowing your name is excellent networking!
    Who knows what might eventually come of it?

Best of luck!!
    wave punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

You're certainly in need of some doctor or another... biggrin

Boo! Will you cure us? Timmer and me?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I have my entrance examinations for joining medicine school in April... gonna be a medico biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And there's yer doctor, Demetris!
    DemonStar!

..though any doctor called DemonStar would mostly be pegged by me to be either in it for World Domination (*insert deep hollow laugh here*) or creating artificial cyborg-demon-human amalgam lifeforms (*insert insane cackling laughter on top of booming thunderstorm here*). slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DemonStar wrote
    I have my entrance examinations for joining medicine school in April... gonna be a medico biggrin

Medicine...that´s a tough one. Best of luck! smile
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    I have an M.A. in medieval archaeology and am currently doing my Ph.D. on material culture and cultural identity in Norse Greenland. Archaeology has taken me strange and interesting places. Excavations in Lofoten (north of Norway), Iceland and Greenland. Seminars in Poznan (Poland), Tartu (Estonia), Cork (Ireland) as well as a 3 month stay as a guest student in York.

The damnedest thing about archaeology are all the nazis. They're everywhere I tell you. I'm sitting there with my trowel, trying to be a serious archaeologist, and all of a sudden you hear something like "Give me ze pottery, Herr Høegsberg", and then we all know the drill. Fistfights, carchases, swinging across bottomless pits and all that stuff. And all for a piece of pottery. Good thing I took the "Know your enemies"-course during my first year. It covers all the basics such as nazis, thuggees, ghost pirates, two-headed squirrels, concrete devouring wasps and such.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I was too tall to be a gynaecologist but too short to be a brain surgeon, so I ended up being an actuary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    I was too tall to be a gynaecologist

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I'm in college and will be transferring to the University of Florida in the spring. I'm currently majoring in finance slant . It was archeology, now that is just my minor sad . After my BS degree I'll either join the air force or continue my education then move to Boston cool .

I currently work in a drug store that sells guns and drugs. Haha

I also play violin and bass in a lot of bands at my church. In a couple of weeks I'm going to get a distortion peddle for my violin! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I see a lot of real-life Indiana Jones fans in here biggrin

omaha wrote
    In a couple of weeks I'm going to get a distortion peddle for my violin! punk

Way to go mate, just don't let Zimmer hear you playing that wink
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote
    I see a lot of real-life Indiana Jones fans in here biggrin

omaha wrote
    In a couple of weeks I'm going to get a distortion peddle for my violin! punk

Way to go mate, just don't let Zimmer hear you playing that wink

Hahaha!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    unemployed
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    ..though any doctor called DemonStar would mostly be pegged by me to be either in it for World Domination (*insert deep hollow laugh here*) or creating artificial cyborg-demon-human amalgam lifeforms (*insert insane cackling laughter on top of booming thunderstorm here*). slant

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery nice. But keep in mind - I'll take not money but one rare score after complete cure from you guys (that is, whatever is considered rare after about five years) cool wink

Marselus wrote
    Medicine...that´s a tough one. Best of luck! smile

Thanks a lot, mate smile I'll really need it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008
    After 15 years in the optical industry I chose to become a care worker for people with disabilities.
    Great job with wonderful people!
    Also on a part time basis I'm a video producer/director, video editor and cameraman.
    That's fun too!
  1. I'm a Bank Secrecy Act Analyst for a major US bank/mortgage company. It's kinda complicated, but basically it involves protecting the bank from financial crimes - investigating mortgage fraud, developing software routines to stop money laundering, combatting terrorist financing, writing reports, and so on. It's also cool because I get to work with FBI, the IRS, the DEA, and the financial crimes investigative units of the US government.
  2. Jon Broxton wrote
    I'm a Bank Secrecy Act Analyst for a major US bank/mortgage company. It's kinda complicated, but basically it involves protecting the bank from financial crimes - investigating mortgage fraud, developing software routines to stop money laundering, combatting terrorist financing, writing reports, and so on. It's also cool because I get to work with FBI, the IRS, the DEA, and the financial crimes investigative units of the US government.

And here was me thinking that you just dropped everything in the UK to pursue your dream of being nearer to the "action" in the film scoring world!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Marselus wrote
    Wow Alan, this sounds pretty serious. I love the "lecturing to nurses" part biggrin

I'm sure that my job is like most other peoples'. There are times when it's quite enjoyable but other times when you wish you were doing something else!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

I'm sure that my job is like most other peoples'. There are times when it's quite enjoyable but other times when you wish you were doing something else!!

Totally true. Sometimes your job sucks and you´d like to do something completely different, but at the end of the day it´s your job and you have to deal with it.
  4. I'm the owner of a small Graphic Design firm here in Canada... We do alot of website design and programming but we get to do the fun stuff too like Logo design, brochures, trade show displays, etc.

So far we are in our second year of existence in which I have to wear many hats... Owner, Sales Rep, Designer, minor programmer... but hey it beats working for someone else! We just opened up our first office for an experiment to see if visibility will help our marketing.... (can't help other people with their marketing if we haven't tried marketing ourselves right?? smile )

Anyway I don't post much mostly because I don't have the time but it nice to see a nice diverse group here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Yes I follow people everyday....not always through dark alleys though. punk

Prove it! We want a photo of Justin and one of Nautilus' girlfriend!

I tried to put a Picture here, in my account, several times.

I changed the resolution, etc.... But I can't do it.

Why? I don't Know....

If you help me I will put a photo with my girldfriend and me.

My job is the marketing and patrocinators thing in a Tennis Sports Club.