• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008 edited
    *No actual Joe available.

Right, anyway.

Hopefully something recognisable this week. Infact, it's so easy I think clues would give the tracks away. This week - WWII Video Game Scores!

Rules:

1 - 15 tracks in total, but unfortunatly no bonus.
    2 - One point per composer and title of the score/game (so 30 points total).
    3 - Answers will be revealed a week from now (Wednesday evening).

Hints:

1 - Two composers dominate this list.
    2 - Scores are in no particular order, simply in the order Winamp decided to play them!

And to make it easy for WinRAR or WinZip users, or for people who just have XP or Vista, I've bundled all the tracks into a ZIP file (RAR files are the spawn of evil!): www.johnpowellcomposer.com/cupofjoe.zip

Clues:

Track 1 - This track may appear to be from the standout score from the composer in question, but think again!
    Track 2 - The beginning of this track sounds like the composer it's by. The second half may not be as clear.
    Track 4 - This score got this composer into the big(ger) leagues.
    Track 6 - After a period of silence in this genre, the composer returned with this score.
    Track 7 - This was the first score in a now popular series of games.
    Track 10 - Probably the hardest track here. The composer isn't particularly well known. Speaking of which, neither is the game.
    Track 11 - From the same series of games as track 10, but a different composer.
    Track 15 - Like my ''Do you know...'' games, this track is in ''reverse'', but not in that way.

Enjoy!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    "Video Game Scores!!?" shocked

That's me outta here immediately then! slant

Outside of Giacchino I'm lost ( geddit geddit?...'lost'....awwww never mind rolleyes ) wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    "Video Game Scores!!?" shocked

That's me outta here immediately then! slant

Outside of Giacchino I'm lost ( geddit geddit?...'lost'....awwww never mind rolleyes ) wink

Read the first hint again, you'll be fine. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I suspect this game might attract a different demographic! I'd be useless at video game scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hey, that´s my kinda game! Let´s go!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very, very interesting new game! WIll play asap!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote

interesting but damn hard again, I know most of these but they all seem alike confused
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I don't know many game scores, especially not WW2 games scores. I probably won't participate, but I'll give the clips a listen in case there are some nice hidden gems.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

interesting but damn hard again, I know most of these but they all seem alike confused

Same here, I´m afraid i´ve talked too soon in the previous post. I know I know the clips, but it´s gonna be tough to guess ´em all.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I had to check Wiki to see what 'WWII video games' were. I might have heard some occasionally on streamingsoundtracks.com
    Anyway, I'll give it a shot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008 edited
    If this had been a quiz on old Lucasarts games (or any computer game, especially in the adventure genre) up to about 1994/1995, I might have stood a chance. But this will practically be an impossible mission (get it? get it?.....oh forget it, Timmer's pun was better!). I haven't even heard the Giacchino scores!

Anyways, like plindboe, I will also be playing the clips just to hear what it's all about!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008 edited
    Ok, I didn't realise this would be so hard! shocked

I will post up a few hints later on. wink

Edit: I put some up. More when I get home so I can remember which order the tracks are in!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008
    plindboe wrote
    I don't know many game scores, especially not WW2 games scores. I probably won't participate, but I'll give the clips a listen in case there are some nice hidden gems.

Peter smile

Trust me. There are loads. wink A lot of these scores rival most big budget film scores, hence why I'm surprised people are finding it hard. I'd have thought they were more common! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Wow, that's a very very specific and limited genre.

Pass. Again. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

Trust me. There are loads. wink A lot of these scores rival most big budget film scores, hence why I'm surprised people are finding it hard. I'd have thought they were more common! shocked

Honestly... if you told me it's a trick and that all these are from the same score, I would not be surprised in the slightest. That's why I find it hard (and also why I'm still a bit reticent about comments like they rival most big budget film scores - they're much easier to do I would have thought).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

Honestly... if you told me it's a trick and that all these are from the same score, I would not be surprised in the slightest. That's why I find it hard (and also why I'm still a bit reticent about comments like they rival most big budget film scores - they're much easier to do I would have thought).

Fine. I don't do Waltzes. We're even. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm gonna fill in Giacchino against every single track and collect at least 8 points! tongue

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    I'm gonna fill in Giacchino against every single track and collect at least 8 points! tongue

wink

Sounds like you have a plan squire! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008 edited
    There are a few "clues". wink If in doubt, use Martjin's idea. tongue
  2. Bregje wrote
    Wow, that's a very very specific and limited genre.

Pass. Again. sad

I hope my game is gonna be a little easier then for most people here smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    This shouldn't be as hard as it is actually. If everyone claims they know their "good music" then you should be able to get quite a few points. smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I'm gonna pass as well, very limited game indeed. I don't know a single gamescore. sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm going to have a go later on!
  3. WWII video game scores!! Talk about limited. What was wrong with WWII movies/game scores?

I'm gonna try Martijn's strategy first off and see how may points I can amass first time around.

I assume that all these clips are commercially available? No game rips?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Anthony wrote

We'll see how that works out for you on your wedding day. tongue
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    First player:

FalkirkBairn - 8
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2008
    FalkirkBairn - 9
    • CommentAuthorAnthony