• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Everytime I see this thread ressurected, I immediately begin to hum "Tribal Statistics" by one of my favourite bands, Manfred Mann's Earthband:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65fkqu5Hfok

Chris Thompson has an awesome voice!

freezing

Seriously...you don't like Chris Thompson?

No, just Manfred Mann.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Everytime I see this thread ressurected, I immediately begin to hum "Tribal Statistics" by one of my favourite bands, Manfred Mann's Earthband:

freezing

No, just Manfred Mann.

Wow...how can someone NOT like ol' Manfred?! He's done everything from classy 60's fluff pop to heavy 70's prog rock, and a master of the Moog!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

freezing

No, just Manfred Mann.

Wow...how can someone NOT like ol' Manfred?! He's done everything from classy 60's fluff pop to heavy 70's prog rock, and a master of the Moog!

It's more the 70's prog rock, along with the likes of Yes, ELP and Genesis it's just not a style I like though I'll admit there are moments from all those acts that have, at times, floated my boat.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    It's more the 70's prog rock, along with the likes of Yes, ELP and Genesis it's just not a style I like though I'll admit there are moments from all those acts that have, at times, floated my boat.

That's fair. At least you like SOME Pink Floyd. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I don't even know who Chris Thompson is?
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    I don't even know who Chris Thompson is?
    Thomas

"Looks like a nerd, but sings like a God"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Thompson_(English_musician)

http://www.chrisspedding.com/session/jw … ompson.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thanks for keeping me abreast of some of this material.
    thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's fair. At least you like SOME Pink Floyd. smile

No, I like a LOT of Pink Floyd cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    thomas

If only you had posted that in the "What's made your day that little bit better?" thread. Oh the fun we could have had.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    :internet-five:
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote
    thomas

If only you had posted that in the "What's made your day that little bit better?" thread. Oh the fun we could have had.

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Can I catch up with Erik, yes

Probably. I'm limiting my posts to message boards as a whole.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

because of...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    n00bs! LOLZ

Obviously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think stuff like that was only valid on WOW forums? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    confused confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

because of...?

Not enough time... nothing really interesting to say... the sheer amount of Off Topic discussion which has always turned me off (ie - The Michael Giacchino thread.) I pretty much limit my time to the Now Playing Thread and will post in others when needed.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I tend to agree with you in general about the amount of off topic discussion also.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

because of...?

Not enough time... nothing really interesting to say... the sheer amount of Off Topic discussion which has always turned me off (ie - The Michael Giacchino thread.) I pretty much limit my time to the Now Playing Thread and will post in others when needed.

-Erik-

Wait... You're saying posting at MainTitles isn't the top thing you spend you're life doing? You mean, it's not you're favorite thing in the world to do? You mean... cry tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009 edited
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

because of...?

-Erik-

Wait... You're saying posting at MainTitles isn't the top thing you spend you're life doing? You mean, it's not you're favorite thing in the world to do? You mean... cry tongue

Actually, it use to be. I still check the site multiple times daily but I find that the discussions are so all over the place that I decide not to contribute.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I didn't know militaristic, by the book discipline that inevitably resonates to snobbish most of the times (see FSM) was required to enjoy a forum and its members.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Can we get back on topic please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sorry shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    I find that the discussions are so all over the place that I decide not to contribute.

-Erik-

That´s precisely what makes this place great. I mean, we know when and for how long we can go crazy and off topic, and when to stop and be serious and analytical, with elaborated posts and tough discussions.

Hope you keep posting as usual! wave
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You wouldn't argue about getting "off-topic" when with your mates at the pub, right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I love the fact that conversations can go right off topic and yeah, sure, sometimes it will annoy me but on the other hand it's often been myself who's taken a conversation off topic.....

.........I'm not really with it today dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    You wouldn't argue about getting "off-topic" when with your mates at the pub, right?

Apples and Oranges.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Apples and Oranges.

-Erik-

How come? A great forum is where you can hang out with people you know and appreciate and talk, debate, have fun, imo. Just like you would do if you were to physically have them around you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Apples and Oranges.

-Erik-

How come? A great forum is where you can hang out with people you know and appreciate and talk, debate, have fun, imo. Just like you would do if you were to physically have them around you.

Agreed. Hate places with strict and unshakable rules. Besides, our off topic episodes are controlled and we always know when to stop. IMO, those off topic episodes make a virtual community close to a physical one.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Apples and Oranges.

-Erik-

What I don't like is having to sift through 3 pages of OT discussion in a composer thread to find up to date info concerning said composer. That's the issue! There are places for discussions concerning Speed Tickets, Food, Cats, etc... they don't belong in a composer thread. But hey, I'm in the minority here and if there rest of you like the way discussions get hijacked and taken for OT spins then fine.

Look, you wanted to know why I spend less time around here and well... that's why.

-Erik-